Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
i70q7m7ghw

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

TAG wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 22:22

So you're quoting things that hwere published during, not what was revealed afterward. 1) Dennis himself said in an interview they needed to teach Hamilton who needed who so they let him make the choice of the rear wing despite them knowing the One Button had was markedly faster on the straights. Teach him a lesson. 2) You think given the 2012 season that by that point Hamilton hadn't already been tainted? That tweet didn't happen in a vacuum. Wait for Hamilton's tell all book when it comes out. An autographed copy even. ;)

Funny how people regurgitate as gospel the "official" spoon fed information given out by team PR and communication directors.

Anyway, we know who's fared best after the 2012 season, water under the bridge.
Got a source for those Dennis quotes? I'm sure if I rolll out all the other instances Hamilton was beaten there will be some reason it doesn't count, so I won't bother.

For the record, I think Hamilton is currently the best driver in F1, and has been for some years. But, he wasn't always the best, and he certainly hasn't been the best driver in every session since he entered the sport.

Pyrone89

ringo wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 22:17
Max had a few good races, and fans already comparing him to the greats? :P Most of all Hamilton, who will be the undisputed GOAT in 2 years time statistically.
Never faced a top level driver, never faced anyone outside of redbull, just got his first pole, has less than 10 wins.. and so on.
Years too early to start comparing him to any champion. He should be compared to the likes of barichello, coulthard, and montoya at this stage. Very talented guy, but hasn't had anyone else noteworthy to compare himself to. As far as we know everything could be all redbull car making things look good.
Let's see how he gets along with Albon. Albon might just suprise all of redbull and give Max a run for his money.
Having seen Charles race with Max at Silverstone, he is not as brilliant as some believe. Albon will surprise!!
I marked all the parts that are completely contrary to what is happening in the real world.
RIC is total shite according to you, HAM not noteworty or outside Red Bull according to you. And then to say it could be the car flattering Max while in the same post talking about Ham is just beyond irony :lol: Max (2nd or 3rd best car) is challenging Ham (best car) yet you say he has shown nothing yet, hasnt raced champions (so Ham is a 0x WDC now?) and should be compared with second rate drivers. You seem to miss the context of those stats, or honestly think Ham twice as good as Senna

Undisputed GOAT :lol: Fangio and Senna called, they want you to stop saying the word GOAT

Perhaps you meant the GOAT of good and fortunate team choices. And who exactly did LH face at the rocketship called Merc that was so hard? Rosberg, who had a relative sub top career before then, not really king slayer material yet he managed it.
And finally why do we keep going offtopic. This is the silly season topic.

———————————————
On topic

I think this news complicates things for Bottas and Hulkenberg, as Red Bull seemed a good go-to for them, but that door is closed if Albon performs. They also will not want to wait until the end of the season when all seats are taken. This now leaves them with hoping to be retained or making a big step down (Bottas) or even out of F1 (Hulkenberg).

Gasly’s career is over unless he finds some way to comprehensively beat Kvyat.
Last edited by Pyrone89 on 12 Aug 2019, 22:52, edited 1 time in total.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Jolle

Oh you, get a room.... all this goat bashing... especially in a topic about the driver market. Just enjoy the upcoming battle of a great champion and his challengers.

trinidefender

Mods, do you mind cleaning up about 4 pages of offtopic dribble on this thread?

djos

trinidefender wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 23:48
This topic has indeed lived up to its title! #-o
"In downforce we trust"

sAx
sAx

trinidefender wrote:
You would somehow think that the substitution of Albon for Gasly would actually have merit for discussion...oh my days!
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

Pyrone89

sAx wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 00:31
trinidefender wrote:
You would somehow think that the substitution of Albon for Gasly would actually have merit for discussion...oh my days!
It broke the internet

GPR-A

Pyrone89 wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 20:18
GPR -A wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 20:08
Pyrone89 wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 20:05

Read my comment better. 8 out of 12. Before that it was clear 3rd best, since the Austria update the car is a lot better. In Hockenheim it was also 3rd best only hidden by Ferrari’s self destruct in quali and Merc’s self destruct in the race.
He is performing well since that car is second best. He was at best splitting a Ferrari in the first part. 3rd best car and 3rd best performance. The car improved and he is now second best. As simple as that.
#-o :roll:
Your judgement differs from the major motorsport publications, I am done going in circles over this. Done and dusted. [-o<
https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/27 ... ilton-year
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... M3mCp.html
https://i.imgur.com/EuWpe67_d.jpg?maxwi ... elity=high
Using driver rating by click bait, traffic hungry media houses, containing experts with questionable technical knowledge to prove your point? Very clever, but understandable of a Max brigade who constantly keep rating him "Driver of the Day" on F1.com.

Pyrone89

GPR -A wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 01:54
Pyrone89 wrote:
GPR -A wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 20:08
He is performing well since that car is second best. He was at best splitting a Ferrari in the first part. 3rd best car and 3rd best performance. The car improved and he is now second best. As simple as that.
Your judgement differs from the major motorsport publications, I am done going in circles over this. Done and dusted. [-o<
Using driver rating by click bait, traffic hungry media houses, containing experts with questionable technical knowledge to prove your point? Very clever.
Ahh yes they dont agree with your version of events so theymust be clickbait. Very clever.

You are talking about the 3 biggest F1 publications, the official F1 site’s 5-man panel (completely different than DoTD) and the largest sports network (ESPN). Ohhh and the readers at Autosport also disagree with you. At this point you are just further digging yourself in and also seem to have a wrong picture about Hollands population size. Finally even Hamilton himself gives Max a higher grade than himself, but you ofcourse know better. We get it, you hate Max

Now stop with the offtopic dribble and discuss what this topic is about, the silly season. I am not going to further discuss this as the mods will get enough of this offtopic stuff surely. Yes I made that bold for bad readers.

GPR-A

Pyrone89 wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 02:05
GPR -A wrote:
Pyrone89 wrote:

Using driver rating by click bait, traffic hungry media houses, containing experts with questionable technical knowledge to prove your point? Very clever.
Ahh yes they dont agree with your version of events so theymust be clickbait. Very clever.

You are talking about the 3 biggest F1 publications, the official F1 site’s 5-man panel (completely different than DoTD) and the largest sports network (ESPN). Ohhh and the readers at Autosport also disagree with you. At this point you are just further digging yourself in and also seem to have a wrong picture about Hollands population size. Finally even Hamilton himself gives Max a higher grade than himself, but you ofcourse know better. We get it, you hate Max

Now stop with the offtopic dribble and discuss what this topic is about, the silly season. I am not going to further discuss this as the mods will get enough of this offtopic stuff surely. Yes I made that bold for bad readers.
You can spin it whichever way you want it to prove your love for Max, that doesn't make it a point to be accepted. There are tons of such surveys about every other top driver, that doesn't price anything either. Their expertise came to the fore when they declared Mercedes as the third best team after winter testing this year.

I don't have to listen to an adamant poster to know what is off topic. I will go on as long as you go on.

Pyrone89

GPR -A wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 02:35
Pyrone89 wrote:
GPR -A wrote:

You can spin it whichever way you want it to prove your love for Max, that doesn't make it a point to be accepted. There are tons of such surveys about every other top driver, that doesn't price anything either. Their expertise came to the fore when they declared Mercedes as the third best team after winter testing this year.

I don't have to listen to an adamant poster to know what is off topic. I will go on as long as you go on.
Good luck in your version of reality, I am done helping you derail a topic.
I am not going to further discuss this as the mods will get enough of this offtopic stuff surely. So ignore list it is then.

GPR-A

Pyrone89 wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 02:42
GPR -A wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 02:35
Pyrone89 wrote:

Good luck in your version of reality, I am done helping you derail a topic.
I am not going to further discuss this as the mods will get enough of this offtopic stuff surely. So ignore list it is then.
I share the same opinion about this discussion. I have a reputation with mods.

Pyrone89

To comtinue on topic. On the Autosport forum a poster suggest a link between the owners of RB and Albon’s nationality.

“Rumours already going on that the Thai connection of Red Bull might have pressured for that.

Red Bull is 51% owned by the Yoovidhya family from Thailand, also RB is a drink of Thai origin, that the marketing genious Mateschitz "westernized" and made it global.”

Jolle

Pyrone89 wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 03:04
To comtinue on topic. On the Autosport forum a poster suggest a link between the owners of RB and Albon’s nationality.

“Rumours already going on that the Thai connection of Red Bull might have pressured for that.

Red Bull is 51% owned by the Yoovidhya family from Thailand, also RB is a drink of Thai origin, that the marketing genious Mateschitz "westernized" and made it global.”
sigh...

Pyrone89

Jolle wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 03:07
Pyrone89 wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 03:04

sigh...
:?: