2019 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, 20-22 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
GPR-A

Re: 2019 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, 20-22 September

Grosjean and Kvyat were the standout performers today, living up to their hard earned reputation! Kudos to them for the job they did today. Without them, the race would have been boring.

Unf

RZS10 wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 16:59
Something i haven't seen mentioned in this thread yet:

Both Perez and Kimi could have stopped their cars in a way that would have made an SC unnecessary, Perez just had to switch to the other side of the track (he still had drive) and Kimi just needed to roll a few meters further (he instead went on the brakes hard and stopped right away) ... there's probably no rules for that i assume but drivers should be forced to stop their cars where they can be recovered easily imho
They (drivers) always do that, they clearly don't care about others / race after having some issue.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Mamba wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 16:56
Restomaniac wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 16:30
Vettel really is blind to everything else but himself.
He is gifted a race win and he acts like he won it on his own merits.
Hey Vettel have a quick look to your right. Do you see your peed off team mate. Why do you think that is?
And that nice road block in Spa where Charles got his first win? Also only thinking of himself? Also, as a team would you want a 1-2 or a 1-3 if you could possibly have a 1-2. I'm pretty sure even Ferrari didn't expect Vettel to come out in front. Also, if Ferrari were to favour a driver why not the driver with two wins already and the most poles this season and also the one in front in terms of the race and the points?

We should rather climb on tbe Merc team for ordering Bottas to slow down to get Hamilton in front of him...
Maybe because they pay him silly money and he hasn’t won in a Calander year whilst his team mate has been smashing it. Vettel has looked utterly beaten recently. They needed him to win, just be honest.

Would that be the Mercedes that had totally screwed their leading driver due to strategy and thus just put them back in the order they would have been hade they not screwed said leading driver?

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

GPR -A wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 17:02
Grosjean and Kvyat were the standout performers today, living up to their hard earned reputation! Kudos to them for the job they did today. Without them, the race would have been boring.
Is that what you call a backhanded insult. :lol:

GPR-A

Restomaniac wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 17:08
GPR -A wrote:
Let me get that straight. That idiot Grosjean, ended a good run of race finishes for Russell, in such an ugly move with trying to go down the inside, accelerating when Russell was right in front of him and wall to the left. Someone need to give a tight slap to him for thinking such a move was possible there. Russell summed it up well in the car, "I am not surprised". It was as bad as nailing the throttle and create a doughtnut in Spain last year to create a blinding smoke screen and screwed so many drivers.

I don't know how he gets to drive a car and good drivers like Hulk can't get a drive.
Last edited by GPR-A on 22 Sep 2019, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

I know Charles is an emotional man, but he is being sour here. If he pitted early, there was a serious chance Hamilton would overcut him. Also nobody expected Vettel to be so fast on his outlap. Everybody was talking about the long warmup time the hard needed here.

In the end, Vettel was just lucky. Good outlap and the help of the SC to save his tyres in the second stint. After the agressive overtakes on those midfield cars and without the SC, Leclerc could have caught him in the end.

Juzh

yelistener wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 09:48
GPR -A wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 08:27
What the heck is going on here? Where are the black square boxes (blue arrow) in Leclerc's video, which are observable in Lewis' video? :) Poor camera on Ferrari?

The red arrow points to breaking marker (150 mts).

https://i.imgur.com/klXXPjm.jpg
FOM either forgot to set the shutter speed of the onboard camera on Lewis' car to the usual speed, or they were doing it purposely to try something different.

I think the former is more likely. They went with low shutter speed since 2016 because they wanted the motion blur thing. We used to be able to pick up the letters from the kerbs in pre-2016 onboards because of the high shutter speed and low motion blur. Lewis' onboard camera yesterday apparently had very high shutter speed and the letters from the kerbs were so clear.
(I personally prefer low motion blur. The image doesn't feel as continuous (which 50fps can compensate), but more clear.

https://i.imgur.com/w5wYjna.jpg
This has happened before on some occasions. I've seen it quite a few times on different cars. Who knows what's really going on and why they chose to do it this way.

GPR-A

NL_Fer wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 17:20
Good outlap and the help of the SC to save his tyres in the second stint. After the agressive overtakes on those midfield cars and without the SC, Leclerc could have caught him in the end.
There was no way anyone in the leading group could have overtaken each other, even without SC. This is a notorious track where only mid-field teams can show action due to vast performance difference they get into and lack of their down force that creates wake for the chasing car. Life for leading cars, with loads of down force and wake becomes difficult and they can't overtake, no matter how fast the chasing car is. That is why, Mercedes' race pace was useless today and Ferrari's track position was key.

marmer
marmer

GPR -A wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 17:17
Restomaniac wrote:
GPR -A wrote:
Let me get that straight. That idiot Grosjean, ended a good run of race finishes for Russell, in such an ugly move with trying to go down the inside, accelerating when Russell was right in front of him and wall to the left. Someone need to give a tight slap to him for thinking such a move was possible there. Russell summed it up well in the car, "I am not surprised". It was as bad as nailing the throttle and create a doughtnut in Spain last year to create a blinding smoke screen and screwed so many drivers.

I don't know how he gets to drive a car and good drivers like Hulk can't get a drive.
the fact your forgetting was roman was himself hit from behind by marcus ericsson

MtthsMlw

So yeah, Leclerc wasn't told that Vettel pitted.

GPR-A

marmer wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 17:32
GPR -A wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:

the fact your forgetting was roman was himself hit from behind by marcus ericsson
That doesn't mean a driver should nail the throttle and create dangerous situation. Many drivers get hit, but to endanger other drivers because of it, means that driver is not fit to race. It's not the first time that he has done something like that.

Zynerji

MtthsMlw wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 17:34
Why should he have been? So he could go "faster" on old tyres to prevent an undercut?

MtthsMlw

Zynerji wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 17:42
MtthsMlw wrote:
Why should he have been? So he could go "faster" on old tyres to prevent an undercut?
Well yes, that's why he feels cheated. I guess.

Zynerji

MtthsMlw wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 17:43
Zynerji wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 17:42
MtthsMlw wrote:
Well yes, that's why he feels cheated. I guess.
:roll:

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

GPR -A wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:
GPR -A wrote:

I agree on all of that.