2019 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, 20-22 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Szabi1112
Szabi1112

Re: 2019 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, 20-22 September

What was the sense of Mercedes tactics? Beside Monaco, Singapore is the other place where the position is more important than the tyre-advantage.

maxxer
maxxer

NathanOlder wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 18:10
maxxer wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 18:06
its a horrible boring race on the calender i cant even force myself to watch such crap.
Mercedes tried i guess with tactics but no chance. Anything else ends up with a safety car.
Just shamefull to keep this on the calender while there are wonderfull tracks like istanbul or malaysia being ignored.
Yes next year we get new tracks like vietnam and the old crap track in holland they get a contract for a while and end up being dropped after 3 years.
totally agree mate.

Imola, Nurburgring, Magny Cours & Estoril
Ohhh wonderfull tracks with enough space for these cars

NathanOlder

Vasconia wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 18:08
I can understand Leclerc's frustration and anger but Vettel did such an amazing lap after the pitstop which allowed him to undercut both Lewis and Charles
Why are people saying about this Amazing lap??? The undercut was just so powerful.

Sector 2 Seb was 1 tenth faster than Kmags sector 2 1 lap eaelier on same tyres.

sector 3 Vettel was 4 tenths quicker than Kvyats Sector 3 from a few laps earlier on same tyres. Seb having a lighter car obviously.

The undercut is powerful, sebs lap was nothing amazing.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

ferkan
ferkan

Good for Seb that he won, but I feel this is false dawn for him. He looked slightly slower then Leclerc on his favorite track (and didnt look like he was underperforming).

I can see Leclerc beating him badly in Sochi where he was mega last year and Seb is generally so so.

Charles has to feel good about this because, even if win slipped, he knows he has car and performance advantage over his team mate.

MtthsMlw

10s penalty for GIO for getting too close to the Marshalls but he keeps P10

GPR-A

maxxer wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 18:16
NathanOlder wrote:
maxxer wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 18:06
its a horrible boring race on the calender i cant even force myself to watch such crap.
Mercedes tried i guess with tactics but no chance. Anything else ends up with a safety car.
Just shamefull to keep this on the calender while there are wonderfull tracks like istanbul or malaysia being ignored.
Yes next year we get new tracks like vietnam and the old crap track in holland they get a contract for a while and end up being dropped after 3 years.
totally agree mate.

FIA and Liberty are failing to understand that, these new generation cars have outgrown some of these tracks (Albert Park, Hungaroring, Monaco and Singapore). These tracks were good when the cars had a peak speed of 200 to 220 kph with very simple aero designs. While the FIA has been spending millions and millions to find solution for overtaking, they are ignoring the simple fact that the tracks are a problem.

maxxer
maxxer

GPR -A wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 18:23
maxxer wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

totally agree mate.

FIA and Liberty are failing to understand that, these new generation cars have outgrown some of these tracks (Albert Park, Hungaroring, Monaco and Singapore). These tracks were good when the cars had a peak speed of 200 to 220 kph with very simple aero designs. While the FIA has been spending millions and millions to find solution for overtaking, they are ignoring the simple fact that the tracks are a problem.
Magny Cours has a very nice layout for these cars they should have a Grand Prix of europe again when they switch between these tracks at least , now we go into the boring tracks at the end of the season.

LM10
LM10

Amazing job by Ferrari overall. First team ever to get 1-2 in Singapore.

The call to pit Vettel first was right. They wanted to pressurize Mercedes (Hamilton). I think they were surprised themselves when Vettel was that fast on Hards (which need time to warm up) to close the 3+s gap to Leclerc and eventually undercut him. Though, it was not a nice move by them not to inform Leclerc about Vettel’s pit stop (if that report is true).
Nonetheless, I’m happy for Vettel. He had a hard time in recent months.

Leclerc is an amazing driver and will have numerous more chances to win in future. As a Ferrari fan, I could not be happier about another driver.

maxxer
maxxer

maxxer wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 18:28
GPR -A wrote:
maxxer wrote:

Magny Cours has a very nice layout for these cars they should have a Grand Prix of europe again when they switch between these tracks at least , now we go into the boring tracks at the end of the season.
Baku , US , Abu Dabi i mean

maxxer
maxxer

LM10 wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 18:29

The call to pit Vettel first was right. They wanted to pressurize Mercedes (Hamilton). I think they were surprised themselves when Vettel was that fast on Hards (which need time to warm up) to close the 3+s gap to Leclerc and eventually undercut him. Though, it was not a nice move by them not to inform Leclerc about Vettel’s pit stop (if that report is true).

Leclerc is an amazing driver and will have numerous more chances to win in future. As a Ferrari fan, I could not be happier about another driver.
didnt notice the ferrari fan in you ...

dans79

GPR -A wrote:
maxxer wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

totally agree mate.

I've said this many times, but it seems like most European fans just don't want to hear that!
197 104 103 7

LM10
LM10

maxxer wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 18:32
LM10 wrote:

What else? :wtf: How many posts of mine have you read? Maybe you should check.

maxxer
maxxer

LM10 wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 18:37
maxxer wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 18:32
LM10 wrote:

What else? :wtf: How many posts of mine have you read? Maybe you should check.
just kidding

Carl Mccoy
Carl Mccoy

I think in Sochi Ferrari will even stronger.

NathanOlder

Ferrari prove to be unstoppable now, Leclerc wins all the races, Loses the title by 5 points.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC