2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Capharol

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Sieper wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 21:03
diffuser wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 20:43
Bill wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 11:15
They is a difference between two parallel cars in a straight line and two parallel cars going into a corner. In Suzuka Max was on the left side and leclec just steered into him.

Right cause that's how LeClerc thinks you win races? Steer into people.

He doesn't have a faster car? He doesn't have the racing line? you don't see in the picture his steering wheel turned to the right? Please THINK before you write.

All this stuff was started by Max. So F1 and the FIA have taken it on. Let them race.

So we let them race. some of it is cool some of it is just dumb.

This is clearly dumb, I don't agree with it but under the PRESENT rules, a racing incident. Even if LeClerc drove into Max you could argue he has the right to drive Max off the road when trying to pass him. That was all ruled on in Germany.

Personally if I was a team principal I'd not want my driver making contact. The chances are really high you loose pieces/ break the car and go backwards.
I think you mean Austria? But that was such a different situation. That was Leclerc who knew that Max would take him like he did Vettel If he defended the inside. So he threw the door wide open and then made sure to touch coming from the outside, banking on the stewards getting him the win. Leclerc is always playing the rules.

Also, you state, trying to pass him, but it was Max doing the passing here. Leclerc had a failed defense. or failed? He killed Max his race right there and got away with it.
I repeat the words .....
aral wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 19:43
Any chance that some of you can read my post a couple of entries before this. Please do not clutter this thread with off topic race talk.
please BTT

loner

Artur Craft wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 20:38
Juzh wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 14:51
verstappen vs albon q3 laps - struggles in final chicane can be easily seen

https://streamable.com/a6wgj
thanks very much mate. RB was junk on s3

I guess Honda made a mistake while promoting their new engine. Instead of +25HP, it probably has -25HP because this car went backwards since the summer break

Jokes aside, it's sad to see RB on this state. At least Albon seems to be a good driver for the other seat

RB won't be anywhere near a win again, on 2019
aren't you deluded to think Albon can qualify equal to Max ?!! they changed Max setup before qualy.
para bellum.

loner

TNTHead wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 21:06
A pity we couldn't see the RB performing in the hands of VER during the race. So now we can only guess if he could keep up with Ferrari and Mercedes. If almost 1 minute behind 1st place with Albon is the real picture, that would indeed mean that their development pace is too slow compared to the other frontrunners. Especially with all the fuzz about Suzuka special fuel, extra engines in the pool.

Or do we need to conclude that the current concept of RB (high rake) is simply not the best solution under the current regulations? I am still seeing PU power convergence as just a matter of time, so that leaves the chassis side for biggest improvement possibilities. It might well be that RB understands this for a while and is already full focus on the RB16 with a major change in design philosophy?
its simple really ,Mercs with their PU for 6 years now,RBR first year with new PU there is almost an ocean of potentials from a PU designed for only them.
para bellum.

Marti_EF3

Pre-season tests can't come soon enough... That car is a dog at windy or bumpy conditions... #-o

Capharol

Marti_EF3 wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 21:20
Pre-season tests can't come soon enough... That car is a dog at windy or bumpy conditions... #-o
finally someone noticed it around here

McMika98

Marti_EF3 wrote:
Thats too late. The concept this year translates to next year almost one to one. Dont expect a significant jump if they cant understand and rectify the current issues. Ferrari have shown how to do it.

diffuser

TNTHead wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 21:06
A pity we couldn't see the RB performing in the hands of VER during the race. So now we can only guess if he could keep up with Ferrari and Mercedes. If almost 1 minute behind 1st place with Albon is the real picture, that would indeed mean that their development pace is too slow compared to the other frontrunners. Especially with all the fuzz about Suzuka special fuel, extra engines in the pool.

Or do we need to conclude that the current concept of RB (high rake) is simply not the best solution under the current regulations? I am still seeing PU power convergence as just a matter of time, so that leaves the chassis side for biggest improvement possibilities. It might well be that RB understands this for a while and is already full focus on the RB16 with a major change in design philosophy?
High rake is not the problem. It's just a way to decrease DF at high speeds.

ispano6

Capharol wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 21:36
Marti_EF3 wrote:
finally someone noticed it around here
This exactly. People don't realize how windy it was. Tripods were blowing over.

etusch

Sieper wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 12:41
etusch wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 09:09
Sieper wrote:
11 Oct 2019, 22:18
Why would they do that. Brake braking charges the battery, engine braking does not.
Of course Engine braking makes all generation even if it happens during brake braking
Thanks all who replied, stupid of me, I thought the energy was harvested of the energy lost during braking itself, but it is the engine braking that they can likely intensify via the mgu-k and that is the energy they harvest then?

f1rules

looking at the rearwings, i think rb went with to little df this weekend, they ran a noticeable smaller rearwing than merc and fer and mclaren who seemed to be a bit closer this weekend, why they choose so, i dont know

Artur Craft

loner wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 21:13
aren't you deluded to think Albon can qualify equal to Max ?!! they changed Max setup before qualy.
idk, we'll have to wait the following tracks to better judge
f1rules wrote:
14 Oct 2019, 11:08
looking at the rearwings, i think rb went with to little df this weekend, they ran a noticeable smaller rearwing than merc and fer and mclaren who seemed to be a bit closer this weekend, why they choose so, i dont know
Yeah, I don't understand this. They always go with smaller rear wings than others. It doesn't seem to work. But, curiously, Verstappen was faster than Mercedes on s1. It's just their s3(straights and a chicana) which was crap.

SmallSoldier

f1rules wrote:looking at the rearwings, i think rb went with to little df this weekend, they ran a noticeable smaller rearwing than merc and fer and mclaren who seemed to be a bit closer this weekend, why they choose so, i dont know
It’s always a compromise... They did so in an effort to have more speed on the back straight, not only for Qualifying, but most importantly, for the race... The fact that they still had impressive times in S1 shows that the RBR still has a lot of efficient downforce embedded in it’s design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1rules

definitly! very impressive their S1 when seing their rw
SmallSoldier wrote:
14 Oct 2019, 13:59
f1rules wrote:looking at the rearwings, i think rb went with to little df this weekend, they ran a noticeable smaller rearwing than merc and fer and mclaren who seemed to be a bit closer this weekend, why they choose so, i dont know
It’s always a compromise... They did so in an effort to have more speed on the back straight, not only for Qualifying, but most importantly, for the race... The fact that they still had impressive times in S1 shows that the RBR still has a lot of efficient downforce embedded in it’s design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loner

Artur Craft wrote:
14 Oct 2019, 13:38
idk, we'll have to wait the following tracks to better judge
okey Singapore was the only normal qualy where Max did 1:36:8 and Alex did 1:37:4.
but surely their long runs and race pace speaking for them selves,you really don't need the next track...
for example in Silverstone while Max was battering the Ferraris Gas allowed CL to not just overtake him but also to open a 5 seconds gap.
para bellum.

Wouter

Interview with Helmut Marko on AMuS. (German site)
About the engines:

Honda played its last joker this year. The Spec4 engine for the first time together with the new gasoline. Where is Honda now compared to Ferrari, Mercedes and Renault?

Marko: "In qualifying still clearly behind, especially against Ferrari. They lost us eight tenths on the straights. In the race we are about equal to Mercedes."
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... ng-kosten/
The Power of Dreams!