2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina Circuit, 29 - 1 November/December

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Just_a_fan

Re: 2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina Circuit, 29 - 1 November/December

AMG.Tzan wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 23:51
Was that a grand slam today by Hamilton?? Pole, Fastest Lap, Win and Led every lap???
Yes. Puts him on 6 career grand slams, behind Clark on 8 but ahead of everyone else.

By leading every lap, he now ties with Senna on 19 races leading every lap.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NathanOlder

Wass85 wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 00:19
holeindalip wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 00:12
Wass85 wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 00:09

Yes I am exactly doing that. The only reason he's had a few run in's is because he's trying to put the car in places it shouldn't be. Go and watch Lewis' 2011 season to see what happens when you try and force results.
Verstappen was leading a race and crashed into a back marker (or vice versa however you see it) putting his car in places it shouldn’t be...
I'm sure I've seen Lewis do that whilst passing drivers twice, against a certain Japanese driver in 2011 and a certain Finn in 2013.

If you're being petty Hamilton was just as error prone in 2011 than Verstappen but much slower, the Dutchman never got outpaced like Lewis did against Button particularly at the tail end of the season.
I'm genuinely lost on this, can you tell me the 2 examples where Lewis tripped over a back marker. I've actually forgotten them, sorry and thanks in advance.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

Just_a_fan wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 00:28
AMG.Tzan wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 23:51
Was that a grand slam today by Hamilton?? Pole, Fastest Lap, Win and Led every lap???
Yes. Puts him on 6 career grand slams, behind Clark on 8 but ahead of everyone else.

By leading every lap, he now ties with Senna on 19 races leading every lap.
1 good season next year and hardly anyone will be ahead of him on any record.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Wass85

NathanOlder wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 00:33
Wass85 wrote:
holeindalip wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 00:12

Verstappen was leading a race and crashed into a back marker (or vice versa however you see it) putting his car in places it shouldn’t be...
I'm sure I've seen Lewis do that whilst passing drivers twice, against a certain Japanese driver in 2011 and a certain Finn in 2013.

If you're being petty Hamilton was just as error prone in 2011 than Verstappen but much slower, the Dutchman never got outpaced like Lewis did against Button particularly at the tail end of the season.
I'm genuinely lost on this, can you tell me the 2 examples where Lewis tripped over a back marker. I've actually forgotten them, sorry and thanks in advance.
One wasn't a backmarker but he still tangled with a slower car in Kobayashi in Spa 2011.

And the back marker he tripped over was none other than his current teammate Bottas in Brazil 2013.

spin1/2

LH Win #84. =D> =D> 7 to go.
LH back to back seasons with 400+ points. =D> =D>

NathanOlder

Wass85 wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 00:41
NathanOlder wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 00:33
Wass85 wrote:

One wasn't a backmarker but he still tangled with a slower car in Kobayashi in Spa 2011.

And the back marker he tripped over was none other than his current teammate Bottas in Brazil 2013.
Yes I remember now, haha, I'd forgot that. At least it wasn't as stupid as doing it for the lead lol.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

Also adding to that, Lewis got a penalty for that, and rightly so. He caused the contact, even though Bottas was a lap down. Just like 2018 should have seen the RedBull penalised.

still, back to topic.

Did anyone hear why Kvyat was let off, or is it just ignored as it doesn't matter?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Sierra117

Ah, the final stage in the life of every ThreadStar. As the mass of regret over one's driver exceeds beyond an unbearable level, it collapses in on itself and results in an invisible but certainly super massive ThreadHole, where nothing, not even light, can escape. All logic and reasoning is bent out of shape as it travels past the accretion disk, which is full of infinite loops of fanboi-ism, and causes said logic and reasoning to fall into the event horizon, whereby it gets torn apart leading to what we call, "BANNED SPACE".
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

Wynters

I wonder if it's the names that cause so much issue? Maybe if we were only allowed to refer to drivers by their number then it might get a bit less childish? It's very easy to overly identify with a named person, slightly harder to reflexively see a set of numerals as a flesh-and-blood representation of self.

Although, why penalise the many due to the failures of the few, I guess.

PlatinumZealot

Great season by the GOAT!! And i dont mean curry seasoning on this goat!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

langedweil

AMG.Tzan wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 20:45
These 10-15 laps where DRS was unavailable were just awful!! Just a reminder to all those haters of DRS of how boring an F1 race can get
You really mean that !?
In my opinion drs is boring as f ...
It is easily the main divider between top 3 and midfield. For instance, it took Bottas a good couple of laps to pass the Renault simply because he had to execute all preparation perfect to being able to pass the renault. Passed made were so much more driver skill, and a whole lot better than just pushing a button against a sitting duck.
If you look at Lec's attempt to re-pass Max at the backstraight; he was about 5/6 carlengths behind after the left/right corners, but with just a push of a button he was next to Max by the end of that straight ...
DRS, please leave ...
HuggaWugga !

langedweil

=D>
Sierra117 wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 02:49
Ah, the final stage in the life of every ThreadStar. As the mass of regret over one's driver exceeds beyond an unbearable level, it collapses in on itself and results in an invisible but certainly super massive ThreadHole, where nothing, not even light, can escape. All logic and reasoning is bent out of shape as it travels past the accretion disk, which is full of infinite loops of fanboi-ism, and causes said logic and reasoning to fall into the event horizon, whereby it gets torn apart leading to what we call, "BANNED SPACE".
=D> =D> =D>
HuggaWugga !

foxmulder_ms

For me drivers of the year:

1. Hamilton
2. Sainz
3. Verstappen

Sierra117

foxmulder_ms wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 06:33
For me drivers of the year:

1. Hamilton
2. Sainz
3. Verstappen
I think Leclerc deserves a spot in the top 3 - it's his first year in a top team and he's out-qualified and finished ahead of his teammate who is no slouch.
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

hollus

Enough with "your driver did this in year xxx".
Thank you.
Rivals, not enemies.