Ferrari SF1000

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
the EDGE

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF91?? Speculation Thread

the EDGE wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 22:56
Is it usual for the pull-rods not to line up, or is that an error on the rendering... or maybe something ‘special’
Sorry, no I mean the push-rods lol, To me they look kinked in the top render, The upper and lower sections don’t seem to align correctly where the wishbones cross.

maybe it’s just my eyesight… It has been a long day

LM10

Re: Ferrari SF1000

F1Krof wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 23:48
It's kind of ironic. When everybody came full circle to 'normal' sidepods, Mercedes is going for higher ones :lol: :lol: :lol:
Which teams do you mean? :wtf: No team returned to "normal" sidepods. In fact, only Mercedes was missing and this year they're finally going to have high sidepods too.

PlatinumZealot

F1Krof wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 23:48
It's kind of ironic. When everybody came full circle to 'normal' sidepods, Mercedes is going for higher ones :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, except Mercedes, they are all high sidepods. Ferrari had high side podes with two inlets. The differentiating factor between high and low is the main cooling intake is located above the upper crash structure (which is correspendingly shifted down) to make it higher.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

F1Krof

Looks good to be honest. Not much revealing, but the sidepod area is very neat and tidy. The packaging is very tight indeed. And I heard they went for max-downforce this time around. Lets see =D> =D> =D>
Wroom wroom

F1T
Administrative bot

Launch analysis: Ferrari SF1000

Launch analysis: Ferrari SF1000

Ferrari unveiled their SF1000 and named it "radical evolution" of its predecessor. But, is it? We take a closer look at what's of note on the newest Ferrari F1 car.

Just_a_fan

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF91?? Speculation Thread

HungarianRacer wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 20:13
TimmTurbo wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 20:07
Crazy small width at the sidepod intake area you can see the whole rear tire looking at it from the front. I guess that was predicted by gazetta...... so perhaps the nose will be smaller in the b spec we will see in second test
I actually think the intake itself is a bit wider (but also maybe a bit less deep), behind that, it's indeed extremely tight packaging... Can't wait to see how the new Merc and Red Bull compare.
I think Ferrari have been clever here. From the front, the sidepod entry looks small, but when viewed from the side, the top lip of the entry is behind the bottom lip. Air flow is encouraged down from above the chassis by the barge boards etc, so the air flow entering the sidepod is coming downwards to a small degree. The opening is thus larger in effect because it captures this flow more effectively than a simple "vertical" opening. It's not as extreme as previous top opening entries, but it's still there.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

CLKGTR

CriXus

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” - George Bernard Shaw

f1rules

Seems a VERY pragmatic car, they had a good car last year already, sometimes the best, and now they just adopted some key features of others and implemented, i really like that!
If the increase in rake is real(more effective fw), which we have no idea about yet!, combined with pou and an increased focus on the front suspension, this car could potentially have a much stronger frontend. Add to that overall more df ...
PlatinumZealot wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 22:52
So simplified side pod intake is surprising! I feel it had more to do with helping packaging further downstream. So it seems other teams in copying Ferrari's design actually found out its weakpoints. Fresh eyes.

The front section of the bargeboard resembles MacLaren.

Overall i like it. Mattia sounds very confident. I am actually worried now Ferrari will be a real threat to the end of the season.

Sevach

Ferrari made a lot of detail changes that could yield good results.
From extending the nostrils to moving the vanes almost all the way to the FW...
Mercedes style push rod design and a more aggressive barge board using every trick in the book.

The most obvious change are the sidepods, with it's Red Bull like shape it should bring a nice downforce increase, closing the upper inlet proably gives better attachment on the top surface too.

I don't see this car as a mule just for the first days of testing, some things look "last year" quite literally (FW mainly), but overall i think this is the real deal and Australia spec isn't far at all.

Holm86

f1rules

yep i agree, offcourse there will be changes but i think this is close to what we will see in australia, im really looking forward to see what this delivers
Sevach wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 07:35
Ferrari made a lot of detail changes that could yield good results.
From extending the nostrils to moving the vanes almost all the way to the FW...
Mercedes style push rod design and a more aggressive barge board using every trick in the book.

The most obvious change are the sidepods, with it's Red Bull like shape it should bring a nice downforce increase, closing the upper inlet proably gives better attachment on the top surface too.

I don't see this car as a mule just for the first days of testing, some things look "last year" quite literally (FW mainly), but overall i think this is the real deal and Australia spec isn't far at all.

gastonmazzacane

wowgr8 wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 21:46
Small notes. T-wing looks to have been taken straight from Mercedes, almost a carbon copy. And the wastegate outlet looks to be remaining the same as the SF90, not going the Red Bull way as was tested at the end of last year
Everything on this car, looks like a carbon copy from other cars last year :D

jumpingfish

I hope they will not have problems with cooling :o