Mercedes changes 2020 livery in fight against racism

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
PlatinumZealot

Re: [ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Gothrek wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 19:51
Racer X wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 17:11
So then purely from an Engineering point of view have you questioned and worried when Lotus, Renault, Haas & other teams have painted their cars black or does the purely Engineering concern/point of view more of a concern if its a BLM livery.
Why are you always bringing that up? I have 0 concern why it is a black livery.
Lotus/Renault/Haas are not really the top running teams are they? I am just curious if it might effect Mercedes in any why, as I have no clue how black paint has any influence or not. That is why I am interested. In F1 ever 0.1% matters, so just curious if the black paint, which absorbs more heat, has any impact at all. Or not?
There are sandwich layers on some parts of the covers. So heat does not go so easily. Also shiny foil. The black saves maybe 250grams or so of paint. I think a whole car is 3kg of paint. In recent times most teams run lower half of the car in black. So my guess is 250 grams to 750 grams saved.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌
🟤🟤 Coco puffs are my favourite too! 🟤🟤

PlatinumZealot

Re: Mercedes changes 2020 livery in fight against racism

@ tuner.

I dont think it is fair to say America is KKK though. It is complex... But it is unfair sweeping generalization to other Americans who do not support KKK and who are genuinely trying to make it a better place.

I have read a lot into white nationalism and lesser extent KKK since Obama was running for President.... Those guys were really high recruiting hard in that time! So they caught my attention. What can I say... Ignorance breeds hate.
Last edited by PlatinumZealot on 30 Jun 2020, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌

dans79

Jolle wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 20:29
Ask a black guy what would happen to him in the same situation... he would probably be shot before he is inside the building, although there are laws to protect him.
I take it you don't know about this?

197 104 103 7

Jolle

dans79 wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 21:03
Jolle wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 20:29
Ask a black guy what would happen to him in the same situation... he would probably be shot before he is inside the building, although there are laws to protect him.
I take it you don't know about this?

spot the difference.... protection vs attack. Are these three men provoking anybody? are they shouting into the face of a policeman? during a pandemic.....

ENGINE TUNER

V12-POWER wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 21:30

"Because the owner, my black aunt..." Who cares about the color of your aunt buddy. See that's the problem right there with your group. You're really messed up in the head.
The racist police cared about my aunt's black skin, that's why she was pulled over for no reason 2 or 3 times a week.

PlatinumZealot

Hamilton's thoughts:
Hamilton said the fight against racism "is not a new battle for me."

"I've been fighting the stigma of racism throughout my racing career -- from kids throwing things at me while karting, to being taunted by fans in blackface at a ... grand prix, one of my first Formula One races," he continued.

"I'm used to being one of very few people of color on my teams and, more than that, I'm used to the idea that no one will speak up for me when I face racism, because no one personally feels or understands my experience. Most of the time, they don't even see it and if they do, they let their fear of saying the wrong thing get in the way.

"The unchanged makeup of the F1 community throughout my career makes it feel like only a certain type of person is truly welcome in this sport, one who looks a certain way, comes from a certain background, fits a particular mold and plays by certain unwritten rules.
"Even now, the media ask me different questions than they do my competitors and make accusations directly and indirectly -- you're not British enough, not humble enough, not loved enough by the public."

Hamilton's Dad on BLM in motorsport
Hamilton has received the backing of F1 chief Ross Brawn after calling out his fellow drivers and people in the paddock for not speaking up in support of the civil rights movement.

The six-time champion's decision to apply pressure has 'touched a nerve' with his dad, who says the comments shared on social media platform Instagram were "supremely powerful".

"I think what Lewis is doing is amazing," Hamilton Sr told GPFans.com. "He does stand alone and is not afraid to put his head above the parapet for something that he believes in.

"I'm sitting back and reading his comments and thinking: 'Wow! That's powerful'. I am absolutely extremely proud of him because when I saw Lewis' comments I thought it was supremely powerful.

"I'm not surprised it's come from Lewis because he is a mould breaker. I just thought what an iconic role model he is in terms of speaking up for what he believes in. The surprise was that no-one else had done or said anything before him.

"It will touch a nerve in all of us because actually he does see us, that no one had done anything. When he said that I thought: 'Actually, he is quite right'. No one in the sport had done anything. So I'm extremely proud of him for actually bringing it to the fore."

Hamilton is said to be planning to 'take a knee' in a public show of support for Black Lives Matter at the upcoming Austrian Grand Prix.
I am looking forward to see Lewis taking a knee in Austria!!! =D> =D> =D>
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌

dans79

Jolle wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 22:18
spot the difference.... protection vs attack. Are these three men provoking anybody? are they shouting into the face of a policeman? during a pandemic.....
so you are equating what looks to be an unarmed man shouting in the face of a police officer to be attacking the officer? I've seen protestors of every race and nationality getting away with that for a long time, doesn't make it ok, or not moronic.
197 104 103 7

Jolle

dans79 wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 23:01
Jolle wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 22:18
so you are equating what looks to be an unarmed man shouting in the face of a police officer to be attacking the officer? I've seen protestors of every race and nationality getting away with that for a long time, doesn't make it ok, or not moronic.

Armed and threatening. "very fine people" to quote a certain someone.

dans79

Jolle wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 23:08
Armed and threatening. "very fine people" to quote a certain someone.
"Some" were armed, not all of them.
197 104 103 7

RZS10

turbof1 wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 16:40
-Defunding the police isn't going to solve having officers who can't control themselves. Rather, I'd see a raise in funding and all of that raise going to proper training in stress management and situation assessment.
How well self policing without the actual police works can be seen at CHAZ (or however it is called these days) where some (allegedly) white BLM(?)/Lefty(?) "security" guys shot two black kids (16, dead and 14, critical in hospital) because they thought they were driving a stolen pickup truck. Rumours circulated that the kids in the truck were drive-by shooting first but they were actually unarmed and essentially got executed ... the actual police can't properly investigate because the crime scene had been tampered with - the entire situation is sickening and i seriously doubt that this is what anyone wants.

p.s.: seems that someone has an issue with the "K" key getting stuck

strad

Jolle wrote: ↑
spot the difference...
I don't know that you are aware of this but, wayyyyy back in the protests of the 60s the Supreme Court ruled that cops must keep their cool even when protesters are spitting on them. That was lifted when HIV came along.
I think they do an amazing job of keeping their cool in situations that most here wouldn't/couldn't.
Are all cops good? No more than all cops are bad. :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Phil

Humans are great at confirmation bias. If you believe something to be true, you’ll take anything that would underline your belief as further proof of it.

Going by this topic, one would think that only ever people of color die by cops. Yet that is not true, is it? Just as there are white people who are shot by cops, there are more than enough black cops in the force. Heck, there has even been a black president not that long ago. Who would have thought...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Jolle

strad wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 00:48
Jolle wrote: ↑
spot the difference...
I don't know that you are aware of this but, wayyyyy back in the protests of the 60s the Supreme Court ruled that cops must keep their cool even when protesters are spitting on them. That was lifted when HIV came along.
I think they do an amazing job of keeping their cool in situations that most here wouldn't/couldn't.
Are all cops good? No more than all cops are bad. :wink:
I am aware. And you are making my point. Cops are good. As long as you’re white. Then they stay cool, help you, laugh with your when you find out that you have a counterfeit bill in your pocket, etc etc. When you are black you get mace, a rubber bullet and a batton.

dans79

Jolle wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 02:00
I am aware. And you are making my point. Cops are good. As long as you’re white. Then they stay cool, help you, laugh with your when you find out that you have a counterfeit bill in your pocket, etc etc. When you are black you get mace, a rubber bullet and a batton.
Ok, now you are just being disingenuous.

For example,
https://indianexpress.com/article/trend ... t-6445899/

It also works in reverse as well.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 166914001/
197 104 103 7

strad

@Jolle.. You have got to be kidding.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss