2020 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, September 4 - 6

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Re: 2020 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, September 4 - 6

Sieper wrote:How have they done that themselves. Ferrari and Mercedes have repeatedly refused and Renault in the partner years have failed them very hard. Nobody wanted that but it was heartbreaking, how many times either Max or Daniel were stopped on track. Yeah yeah, I k ow, all partly redbulls own fault. No.

By the way, Ricci was stopped on track today even.

Should Honda decide to stop, which I agree is a viable option. Then either Renault and redbull need to try it again or some other solution needs to be found.

I do agree they will be very carefull. Especially Max, but I also trust he would say it if he really feels Honda would let them down. Maybe it is just not the case.
How? By bad mouthing their PU provider (not much different than what McLaren did with Honda)... McLaren today is been really careful on how they express themselves about the Renault PU (even when it let them down in Spa)... They have learned their lesson and realize that one day they may reunite again and splitting in good terms is the best course of action.

RBR hasn’t done that, they had a very bad break up with Renault and made it public with disparaging and dissing comments through the whole ordeal... And through the years they have also burned bridges with Ferrari and to an extent Mercedes... That’s why today they have to be extra careful.

Again, I’m not saying that the Honda PU is bad... But, in a “Power Circuit” it was bested by the likes of McLaren and Renault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

ispano6 wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 23:01
ispano6 wrote: If you haven't read, no one from Red Bull is blaming Honda. Everyone from RedBull is saying the RB16 is not as balanced as the RB15 was. Max said it, Alex said it, Marko said, and Tanabe said it. I won't argue with a person who says Max didn't win Silverstone 2 on merit.
What do you expect? For them to blame Honda?

They have backed themselves into a corner... They have burned their bridge with Renault, Mercedes and Ferrari won’t be supplying them engines (not that they would want the Ferrari engine).

With Honda still to commit for the long term, they can’t afford to upset them and will not assign them blame, even if they deserve it.

Now, I’m not saying that the 2020 Honda PU is a bad one, actually it has improved a lot... But even if it is still lacking, not only against Mercedes, but potentially against Renault... Red Bull can’t afford to make any disparaging comments about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Honda PU is already a race winner in 2020. Max has said this year's car doesn't feel right compared to last year's.
Last year Alex started 8th, finished 6th. Max started 20th, finished 8th, despite his front wing mishap. One qualifying result where a Renault powered McLaren doesn't equate to Honda lacking to Renault. These extra tenths come from driver confidence in the car, and clearly, the confidence isn't there. Max also doesn't like the softs, as the tires that he won with in Silverstone 2 were the medium and hard. Maybe Red Bull should go back to using last year's front nose concept that seems to be giving Gasly more confidence in the AT01. Both Red Bull drivers have commented on the AT being quick on the straights and the corners at Monza. It's very possible that the RB16 cannot integrate this new nose no matter how hard they try, or it should only be used on tracks it does suit. I'm actually a bit surprised that Max didn't try to set his Q2 time once with mediums.
The fact that RBR has won one race with Honda in 2020 doesn’t prove anything in regards to the PU performance... Specially when that win came because of issues on the Mercedes cars.

Renault was the 3rd worst PU from 2015 to 2018 and how many races did Red Bull won with it in the back? Did the wins they had implied they had the best PU back then? Not really... Therefore, validating the Honda PU based on one race win this season is also nonsensical

Sieper

Not so sure about that either. AlphaTauri is further up then last races. That is the same Honda PU.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Sieper wrote:Not so sure about that either. AlphaTauri is further up then last races. That is the same Honda PU.
Not surprised by that actually, it should be expected for AT to do well, from a mechanical perspective they use the same parts as the RB15, which was the second best chassis last season... In addition, if we already consider that all Ferrari engines cars will underperform in a power track and that Williams is still behind everyone else, for them to qualify inside or near the Top 10 is not that surprising.

holeindalip
holeindalip

dans79 wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 19:39
PlatinumZealot wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 18:55
Mercedes has a message for the haterz...

https://youtu.be/mzDVaKRApcg
If the Merc pr person wanted to get feisty, they could tweet this out.
=D> =D> =D> =D>

flynfrog

Restomaniac wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 22:14
hollus wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 21:59
Don’t make it personal. Post about things, not about other posters, please.
With the greatest of respect when a poster is making sarcastic comments about how well a 6 time WDC understands how a tow works and then says that they could lap faster than them you don’t think that warrants comment?
kinda seem like a waste of time truth be told. Not every comment warrants a reply. People keep doing things because they get attention from it. If the attention goes away they usually stop doing it.

PlatinumZealot

He will troll till a certain driver retires. OH wait, that won't do. People will be still talking about that certain driver. He will troll till it is physically impossible for him to post a message on the forum. With future technologies, we might be able to post without typing, or even seeing the screen. Neural links will allow telepathic posting so I can only see the trolling ending when he is beyond the grave... Oh wait again! He might create an artificially intelligent cyber copy of his brain so he can troll till the end of the universe implodes on itself.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Wass85
Wass85

PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 00:16
He will troll till a certain driver retires. OH wait, that won't do. People will be still talking about that certain driver. He will troll till it is physically impossible for him to post a message on the forum. With future technologies, we might be able to post without typing, or even seeing the screen. Neural links will allow telepathic posting so I can only see the trolling ending when he is beyond the grave... Oh wait again! He might create an artificially intelligent cyber copy of his brain so he can troll till the end of the universe implodes on itself.
Stop trolling please.

Racer X

P3, P4, are going to be such a cool fight to see Max/Sainz/Pérez.

I see Bottas and Hamilton running away early tho.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

dans79

flynfrog wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 23:56
Restomaniac wrote:
hollus wrote:
With the greatest of respect when a poster is making sarcastic comments about how well a 6 time WDC understands how a tow works and then says that they could lap faster than them you don’t think that warrants comment?
kinda seem like a waste of time truth be told. Not every comment warrants a reply. People keep doing things because they get attention from it. If the attention goes away they usually stop doing it.
Imo, since some of them are literally against the forum rules they shouldn't exist to start with! If a post doesn't exist then it can't be responded to.
197 104 103 7

Moore77

Restomaniac wrote:
hollus wrote:
A comment and personal abuses with snide remarks are two different different. The sarcastic comment is on a driver, not on the poster who is responding with abuses. Why take it personal, unless you are Hamilton yourself?
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

Moore77

dans79 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 01:39
flynfrog wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 23:56
Restomaniac wrote:
Imo, since some of them are literally against the forum rules they shouldn't exist to start with! If a post doesn't exist then it can't be responded to.
I agree. The extent to which they go in personalized attacks on other posters just because that poster made fun of a driver or a team principal is simply disgusting.

Moore77

Moore77 wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 16:26
So it's safe to say, Mercedes stopped using the Party Mode from Spain itself, allowing the competition to come closer and made it look like the competition has made progress. TD kicks in, Mercedes moves forward again. I had a feeling they would go back to one second faster in quali, which they are (considering they never went for tow).
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/bott ... =widget-22

Hamilton on party mode.
Asked by Motorsport.com if he missed using party mode on his car, pole-man Hamilton remained coy.

"I don't even think we ever had a party mode," Hamilton joked. "It's something someone else made up. Who knows if we even used that mode at Spa anyways?"
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-wo ... =widget-22
Mercedes, revealed Toto, had been preparing for some time for the possibility that the FIA ​​would intervene with the prohibition of qualifying maps, and when the technical directive arrived, everything was ready, to the point that in some previous races Hamilton and Bottas were they were qualified without party-mode.

The impression is that the team has once again interpreted the technical directive regarding power units in the best possible way.
"The 'lobby' against our qualification mode took shape long before the arrival of the new technical directive, and obviously we have moved our development work (of the power unit) in that direction."

PlatinumZealot

Wass85 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 01:02
PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 00:16
Stop trolling please.
Ok I'm gonna take down the mirror now to make it stop, okay? I expect after the race everyone will be well behaved, including you.

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

dans79

Moore77 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 04:36
I agree. The extent to which they go in personalized attacks on other posters just because that poster made fun of a driver or a team principal is simply disgusting.
See, I think this is where the problem is. I and several other users believe, a subset of forum users, make posts under the guise of just sharing their opinion, but their intent is just to antagonize others.

Because some people take being antagonized personally they are going to repond. But then the person who started it plays the victim, and around and around it goes!
197 104 103 7