General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
McMika98

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

PlatinumZealot wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 21:52
Marti_EF3 wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 21:43
PlatinumZealot wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 21:24
There is a rumour going around that in order to put the fight to Mercedes, the engine in Max's RedBull in particular is turned up to a higher setting than the ones in the other three RedBulls....
That should be only the ERS settings. Because ICE modes must be the same for all 4 Honda PU
Say... Six maps are issued each race... All four ECUs have these six maps.. But Max is given permission to use Map #6.. Everybody else has access to them but are assigned to Map #5.

This is because Max has to fight Merxedes and he shoulders the risk. Maybe why Honda is so hush on things...

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/68278/br ... ppen-.html

I hinted this before the engine mode regs came in that Max might be getting more boost and taking engine life during quali and phases of race. It was very clear that in spurts Albon could match Max ala silverstone if the team were to give him same options.
We have yet to have clean race for Max since the engine reg came in. I wanted to see how Alex fares with same engine setting. I'll repeat what Honda said of Max having higher engine demands as he is lot quicker on the gas than any other driver and also he is aggressive with gear shifts. They cant have the same map if the drivers input is different, there will have to be areas to harvest energy.

henry

Unfortunately there are 3 sets of parameters all referred to by the same word “mode”

1 Engine mode - the set of parameters that determine the output of the ICE. It’s this set that has been restricted
2 Power Unit mode - the discrete ways that the ICE and ERS outputs are combined to provide different power levels.
3 Strategy mode - the way the PU modes are mixed around a lap to use the fuel and electrical energies.
Fortune favours the prepared; she has no favourites and takes no sides.
Truth is confirmed by inspection and delay; falsehood by haste and uncertainty : Tacitus

etusch

velizare wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 06:45
bigblue wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 23:56
Stupid question ... I (naievely ?) thought that all engine modes were gone. You qualify with what you're going to race. However, everyone's still talking about modes so was I mistaken ?
they are not gone, i mean they are not completely removed from the ecus, but you cannot switch between them since start of qualification, but a few corner cases, like outlap in qualy.
They maybe still there but I am sure that they are not how they were before last td. If they were same Honda and merc wouldn't want to have a more week for preparing. I think they combined best possible things in one mode and they change parameters of it ( same mode ) from race to race. Maybe they use lesser electric power in normal conditions and when need to use more, driver pushes overtake button. Maybe when that button used, it triggers some function inside the mode to run pu more powerfull or something like that.
It also maybe preprogrammed for reading driver behavior. As you know they program it especially for electric usage and energy recuperation for predetermined parts of spesific tracks. When driver brake late and throttle earlier ecu can recognise it. Before this it was easy. Just say it to driver.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

Wouter

ispano6 wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 19:43
=D> =D> =D> Well done!!
The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

Wouter wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 20:30
=D> =D> =D> Well done!!
Finishing 2nd at the end was what he needed. Need to finish the season strong.

Wouter

ispano6 wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 10:36
Wouter wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 20:30
=D> =D> =D> Well done!!
Finishing 2nd at the end was what he needed. Need to finish the season strong.
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Albon and Yuki .... Mr Round The Outside. :D
The Power of Dreams!

Marti_EF3

He seems very good at managing tires. He recovered them to finally pass Illot and finish 2nd. Also he is brave and good with overtakes. I think he will do a great duo with Gasly next year with AT. Will be great news a Japanese driver into the F1 again with Honda!! :D

P.S. He must finish into the Top 4 to get the SL?? Or he have enough points from the F3 to finish into the Top 6 and taking the SL?

Sieper

He is using every mm of asfalt to keep the tires alive, just like Max. If he doesn’t blow the young drivers test he will be in the AT seat next year.

Snorked

P.S. He must finish into the Top 4 to get the SL?? Or he have enough points from the F3 to finish into the Top 6 and taking the SL?
According to Marko a 4th place finish would automatically get him a SL. The lowest place he can drop to is 5th, in this position he would have to do two practice sessions for Alpha.

Marti_EF3

Snorked wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 16:31
According to Marko a 4th place finish would automatically get him a SL. The lowest place he can drop to is 5th, in this position he would have to do two practice sessions for Alpha.
The young drivers test and pre-season test doesn't count then?

Wouter

Yuki is a member of the Honda Formula Dream Project and the Red Bull Junior Team.
I hope he gets his SL so he can come into the F1 next year.
A 6th place will be enough (with test sessions in the F1).

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Trophy number 20 for Honda power in the hybrid era 🏆

The Power of Dreams!

Revs84

Why Honda Challenges Motorsports: Ask Honda Motorsports Manager 3

https://jp.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda ... n=widget-2