2020 Turkish Grand Prix - Instanbul Park, Nov 13 - 15

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Racer X

Re: 2020 Turkish Grand Prix - Instanbul Park, Nov 13 - 15

214270 wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 15:22
El Scorchio wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 15:14
214270 wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 15:12
I’m still confused how VER got in front of ALB?
I wonder if Albon got the old Fernando is faster than you treatment?
Must be.

VER was right behind ALB, he then did a spinsy, next thing you know a few laps pass & he’s in front of ALB?
Why would RedBull want to help Ferrari. Albon was just being Albon and losing places in the race like Albon does. Anyone around Albon just needs to focus on their race and eventually Albon takes himself out the way.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Moore77

Racer X wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 15:06
Congrats to Lewis but I do want to add something I just realized.

The older driver's all did very well.

They went unnoticed but ignoring the top 3 Hamilton, Perez, Vettel, the other ones Kimi Ricciardo (excluding Grosjean) the older generation of driver basically out classed the younger generation of driver's.

All the younger driver's could not keep their focus and all of them lost their composure. From Charles to Max to pretty much all the younger driver's.

The older generation outclassed the younger generation in Istanbul.
Turkey Was a good race!

I'm impressed with Vettel too who surged up. Perez who was flawless and Hats off to Hamilton for also being focused.
Experience was key this time.
Some infants thought it was chaos yesterday. :)
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

grubschumi13
grubschumi13

Feel sorry for Stroll, he was amazing in the opening stages really opening the gap and streaking ahead. Wonder how his race would have turned out had he not pitted for the new set of Inters.

Racer X wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 15:27
214270 wrote:
El Scorchio wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 15:14

I wonder if Albon got the old Fernando is faster than you treatment?
Must be.

VER was right behind ALB, he then did a spinsy, next thing you know a few laps pass & he’s in front of ALB?
Why would RedBull want to help Ferrari. Albon was just being Albon and losing places in the race like Albon does. Anyone around Albon just needs to focus on their race and eventually Albon takes himself out the way.
Lol, you make it sound like ALB made more mistakes than VER this race.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

LM10
LM10

NathanOlder wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 15:04
I guess the Ferrari that usually chews up its tyres has some use, like running in cold cold wet weather
Ferrari addressed and, seems so, more or less solved that chewing problem with the series of upgrades they brought to Sochi, Nurburgring and Portimao.

Mattchu

Experience seemed the order of the day, some drivers just have a knack of assesing the situation on the fly and working for the long game rather than go for the dodgy move which could end up costing!

I was amazed that a proper dry line didn`t form quicker but I suppose the cooler temps played a part in that. Them inters on Lewis and Segio` cars at the end were coot like. Great to see Vettel up there as well, lovely touch after the race as well.

All the drivers+teams have to applauded for putting on a top spectacle in these trying times...stay safe everyone.

LM10
LM10

Moore77 wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 15:28
Racer X wrote:

They went unnoticed but ignoring the top 3 Hamilton, Perez, Vettel, the other ones Kimi Ricciardo (excluding Grosjean) the older generation of driver basically out classed the younger generation of driver's.

All the younger driver's could not keep their focus and all of them lost their composure. From Charles to Max to pretty much all the younger driver's.

Turkey Was a good race!

I'm impressed with Vettel too who surged up. Perez who was flawless and Hats off to Hamilton for also being focused.
Who are you to call me (and others) an infant? Yesterday was pure chaos, but today's race was better and clearly more sorted with a clear picture of who was doing a better job rather than having more luck.

Moore77

LM10 wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 15:40
Moore77 wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 15:28
Racer X wrote:

Turkey Was a good race!

Who are you to call me (and others) an infant? Yesterday was pure chaos, but today's race was better and clearly more sorted with a clear picture of who was doing a better job rather than having more luck.
Stop being a kid. Did I even quote you? I understand why you think today is better as Ferrari performed better and as usual, it was a Mercedes win. In your definition an unusual day when the leading teams get it wrong, is chaos, good luck with it.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

piast9
piast9

grubschumi13 wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 15:30
Feel sorry for Stroll, he was amazing in the opening stages really opening the gap and streaking ahead. Wonder how his race would have turned out had he not pitted for the new set of Inters.
I think in that case Stroll and Perez would finish 2 and 3. It was a difficult call. I was observing the laptimes and at the moment I was sure that pitting for new inters was a way to go. Noone predicted that new tyres would not work at all.
Last edited by piast9 on 15 Nov 2020, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.

Big Tea

The good thing about this race was there was little to hit and retire the car. In many places the minor off's would have meant major damage to the cars and retirement.
(No, not changing my mind about track limits)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Racer X

214270 wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 15:32
Racer X wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 15:27
214270 wrote:

Must be.

Lol, you make it sound like ALB made more mistakes than VER this race.
Well with everyone spinning Vettel didn't want to spin Vettel was probably thinking: "Well now I don't wanna."... So THIS race... I guess soo... Or he didn't want to spin as much anyway... Did Vettel spin? Or you guys talking about Max not Vettel...

EDIT

Sorry I read the word "Mistake and spin" and immediately I was like "Oh Vettel". Sorry My bad .... Did not realize you guys were talking about Max...
Last edited by Racer X on 15 Nov 2020, 16:11, edited 4 times in total.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Mogster

Big Tea wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 15:57
The good thing about this race was there was little to hit and retire the car. In many places the minor off's would have meant major damage to the cars and retirement.
Aye. People complain about huge tarmac run offs but today they kept cars in the race and the SC in the garage.

dans79

Mogster wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 16:07
Big Tea wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 15:57
Aye. People complain about huge tarmac run offs but today they kept cars in the race and the SC in the garage.
Istanbul has a nice blend of tarmac and gravel though. So if you make a small mistake it won't cost you too much, but you can still find yourself out of the race pretty quickly.
197 104 103 7

Sieper

Yes, this track is good, very good. Hopefully, if we come back that is, the asphalt will be oiled out and grippy again.

El Scorchio

Sieper wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 16:22
Yes, this track is good, very good. Hopefully, if we come back that is, the asphalt will be oiled out and grippy again.
Would be great to have Turkey back. I’d really like Malaysia as well.