2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
politburo
politburo

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Mogster wrote:
22 May 2021, 17:16
JordanMugen wrote:
22 May 2021, 17:08
Mogster wrote:
22 May 2021, 17:06

I really really hope not but the prize is huge so the motive is obvious. Remember his driving at Monza 2019.

That’s why I’m suggesting anyone who does this should have their times wiped.
That's not the rule in F1. It seems absurd to change the rules in a reactionary manner.
I’m not suggesting deleting Chaz’s time for this offence but maybe a change in the sporting regs is worth looking at for the future.
So the driver who crashes and causes a red flag has his times deleted, but to what end?. Does it improve safety or fairness or what?
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

flynfrog

dans79 wrote:
22 May 2021, 17:07
Unf wrote:
22 May 2021, 17:05
Why all posts about British media have been deleted, huh? Is it that influence that I mentioned? :D
You do realize that the majority (I think) of the moderation staff aren't British!
That doesn't mean we are getting fat checks from the British Media. I plan to buy a boat with mine. I think Aral is getting an alpaca farm.

Shrieker

Sieper wrote:
22 May 2021, 17:28
He is 14 points ahead. He can.
Should've gone into a little more detail there. Can score zero, and on top of that, can receive damage to the gearbox, or to other limited internals, which can break the bank both literally, and figuratively 🐹
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

etusch

fouad1979 wrote:
22 May 2021, 16:08
etusch wrote:
22 May 2021, 16:06
They took lessons from Schumacher. This time no penalty because of good exicution. A bit expensive but ok.
For ferrari this crash is nothing its like bying a Hamburger
I think it is buying a humburger and as a promotion winning a sports car.

Sieper

flynfrog wrote:
22 May 2021, 17:30
dans79 wrote:
Unf wrote:
Why all posts about British media have been deleted, huh? Is it that influence that I mentioned? :D
You do realize that the majority (I think) of the moderation staff aren't British!
That doesn't mean we are getting fat checks from the British Media. I plan to buy a boat with mine. I think Aral is getting an alpaca farm.
I have been digging up earth in our local children’s zoo yesterday. They’ll get two pigs and need a terrace for them. But they have two alpaca’s too. I stay well clear.

El Scorchio

flynfrog wrote:
22 May 2021, 17:30
dans79 wrote:
Unf wrote:
=D>

Shrieker

politburo wrote:
22 May 2021, 17:28
So the driver who crashes and causes a red flag has his times deleted, but to what end?. Does it improve safety or fairness or what?
Think there was some talk talk about it some years back, for when something like this happened. There was talk of extending the session, which never materialized iirc, which is a more fair approach imho. It might've been back in 2014 when Rosberg parked it @Mirabeau.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Sieper

It would be good to remove any hint of someone potentially profiting from an early session stop. Why not give 5 minutes more. And a set of tires. That would seem more fair? Allthough you really did need a outlap, warm up lap, in between lap and then the full lap. Maybe 5 minutes is not enough? 6?

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Some people here... Did you guys watch F1 before, ever??? Leclerc pulled a usual Monaco classic. It was 100% intentional :) Kids these days :)

etusch

El Scorchio wrote:
22 May 2021, 17:17
LM10 wrote:
22 May 2021, 17:14
Christian Horner:
You would never do such a crash on purpose. Also you can easily damage your gearbox/chassis with such a crash, which will drop you from your P1 position easily.
Verstappen:
I think it makes a difference when a guy makes a mistake and hits the wall or doing it intentionally. If Charles parked there with a broken front wing, it‘s a different story. He just clipped the wall and ended where I ended up twice. It‘s just unfortunate.
Leclerc:
If I was doing it on purpose, I would have done it a less bit hard! For now I'm worried about the rear of the car, I hope it's OK, but it doesn't look OK.
Amen.
We can not know, even ferrari can not know(maybe) if they don't know about that CL's own plan. Drivers turns that turn very close and a small intentional action can easily cause this. Even and even intentionally driving into that turn aggressively can realize your plan very naturally. If you have such a plan you have to take risk of damaging other components. So possibility of damaging other parts can not be a proof for CL's innocence.
At the end we can not read his mind. I just feel this is better plan than Schumacher's, and better execution

MKlaus
MKlaus

i am glad that some utterly uninformed and trigger happy people, like here, never come anywhere near to any sports administration. imagine, pronouncing someone guilty, lying on a couch by calling it a deliberate attempt.

ScrewCaptain27

I think the look he had in his eyes when he got out of the car said it all. If the gearbox is fine, this is a real cheeky move from him.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Sieper

No one can prove intent. Unless it is very blatant. And then still. How can you read anyone’s mind?

In any case, he is on pole and the only thing stopping him would be a gearbox change. Then he is on 6. A nice home race win up for grabs!

LM10
LM10

etusch wrote:
22 May 2021, 17:48
El Scorchio wrote:
22 May 2021, 17:17
LM10 wrote:
22 May 2021, 17:14
Christian Horner:

Verstappen:

Leclerc:
Amen.
We can not know, even ferrari can not know(maybe) if they don't know about that CL's own plan. Drivers turns that turn very close and a small intentional action can easily cause this. Even and even intentionally driving into that turn aggressively can realize your plan very naturally. If you have such a plan you have to take risk of damaging other components. So possibility of damaging other parts can not be a proof for CL's innocence.
At the end we can not read his mind. I just feel this is better plan than Schumacher's, and better execution
Look what the driver of your favourite team told. In fact, the way Leclerc crashed and even Latifi too, was exactly the same way Max crashed a couple of times before.

You should put your frustration into something else instead of accusing a fair driver like Leclerc of having crashed intentionally. Even if he would go to such lengths anytime in his career, surely not this season as it makes no sense.
Last edited by LM10 on 22 May 2021, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.

El Scorchio

I f Leclerc is clever enough to crash his car on purpose, then he’s definitely clever enough to do it at a much more sensible and less risky place on track than where he did it.

He risked big damage and for all we know has caused big damage.

As others have said, you’d just tap the wall round the last few corners and break the nose. You would not put the suspension and gearbox at risk.