2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dans79

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Max's post red flag qualifying radio!

197 104 103 7

shamyakovic

dans79 wrote:
25 May 2021, 00:23

Just imagine if that was Lewis who said that on radio? :lol:
The forum would have gone into meltdown :o

PlatinumZealot

dans79 wrote:
25 May 2021, 00:23

:o

What an immense amount of rage! I wonder...
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Mclarensenna

Can anybody here confirm or know how exactly many overtakes happened in Monaco on Sunday?

langedweil

NathanOlder wrote:
24 May 2021, 23:17
aMessageToCharlie wrote:
24 May 2021, 22:57
PlatinumZealot wrote:
24 May 2021, 21:35

No other driver praises their team like Lewis. No other.
Funny coming from a Vettel fan. Even Charley Whiting was not spared in the tantrums Vettel used to have.
Easy to do when your team are almost flawless, gifting you world championships and records for 7 years straight.

Imagine the drama if he drove for Ferrari.
Ferrari screwed up so many times and Vettel was always protecting the team up until the very end when they completely screwed him over with the contract negotiation.

Juding from Lewis' temper tantrums, that would have completely escalated. Remember when he posted McLaren telemetry data on twitter when he felt the team was treating Button better than him?

Not to mention the calling stewards racists incident for penalizing him.
Love how Mercedes have been gifting him world championships. Must have been so so easy with all these gifts #-o
Well, it kinda was, wasn't it?
I mean, if over the years you had so much more power at hand that during qualy you'd only try to manage to not look too quick to your competition, then yeah .. one could state it was rather easy too always be on top.

Not taking anything away from the most excellent job Merc did.
So yes, very fast guy that's gifted an even faster car with an insanely huge and smart team ... yeah that will bring you most likely some success.
The very fast guy shouldn't really be a dick about that ..
HuggaWugga !

JPower

shamyakovic wrote:
25 May 2021, 00:44

Lewis would never be able to get away with an outburst like that. He can't even question his own team on radio without trolls acting like he's committed a mortal sin.

aMessageToCharlie

I don't know about you guys, but to me

Swearing to yourself over a missed opportunity =/= throwing the team under the bus

Just_a_fan

Mclarensenna wrote:
25 May 2021, 01:50
Can anybody here confirm or know how exactly many overtakes happened in Monaco on Sunday?
There was definitely one between the two Haas cars. Other than that, no one has mentioned any others.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

hollus

Alonso, sorta overtaked twice: in the start straight and in another first lap straight on a siding Williams.
Rivals, not enemies.

Vasconia

Ringleheim wrote:
24 May 2021, 23:30
One of the more boring runnings of the Monaco GP, and that's saying a lot.

The most significant event of the race didn't even occur during the race ! It occurred before when LeClerc's Ferrari broke.

Extremely uneventful rendition of this race!
I think that the biggest problem(apart from the obvious track charactheristics) is that they don´t push at all. These tyres last for ever so they can do only one stop. Maybe with more stops we could see the drivers pushing more and therefore, making some mistakes, this would give the chance of having more mistakes, safety cars and maybe an overtake.

But what we see is the drivers driving with a delta time, pushing a few laps before the pit stop and that´s all. Quite frustrating.

Vasconia

JPower wrote:
25 May 2021, 04:01
shamyakovic wrote:

Lewis would never be able to get away with an outburst like that. He can't even question his own team on radio without trolls acting like he's committed a mortal sin.
But he always, always questions the team's decisions and most of the times they take the good ones. I wonder if the don´t speak about the different strategies before the race. His engineer most of times is forced to explain him several times things that other drivers don´t ask so usually.

And his reactions and comments about the team weren´t the most appropiate ones to be sincere. Then you can calm yourself and write the typical politically correct tweet "we win together, we lose together' , but we have seen before your first reaction.

Max sometimes do the same, but with Lewis everytime we see a similar situation and we see how he questions his teams decisions several times. Maybe the other drivers always do the same and its FIA's fault because they always put only Hamilton's radios, I don´t know.

Just_a_fan

Vasconia wrote:
25 May 2021, 10:26
JPower wrote:
shamyakovic wrote:

But he always, always questions the team's decisions and most of the times they take the good ones. I wonder if the don´t speak about the different strategies before the race. His engineer most of times is forced to explain him several times things that other drivers don´t ask so usually.

And his reactions and comments about the team weren´t the most appropiate ones to be sincere. Then you can calm yourself and write the typical politically correct tweet "we win together, we lose together' , but we have seen before your first reaction.

Max sometimes do the same, but with Lewis everytime we see a similar situation and we see how he questions his teams decisions several times. Maybe the other drivers always do the same and its FIA's fault because they always put only Hamilton's radios, I don´t know.
He questions the team because things change all the time in a race. Having a plan is fine but plans have to adapt. We see teams being abused because they stick to a plan even when it obviously isn't working.

Hamilton is always pushing and he always wants the best outcome. He also knows how the car and tyres are at any point in the race. And he also knows that team have data he hasn't got. So he queries things. It's a discussion just as it would be in the garage before the race. That's not disrespectfull, it's working as a team.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Tizz

NathanOlder wrote:
22 May 2021, 22:39
Tizz wrote:
22 May 2021, 20:17
NathanOlder wrote:
22 May 2021, 20:08

I'm just commenting in reply to a guy/girl who will say Lewis is overrated and only average. I would say Lewis is one of the very best of all time along with Max and Charles. So where would you place Lewis? Along with me as one of the greats or along with Klaus as an average driver?
My opinion is not important. I have no knowledge or experience driving a F1 car. And neither have you. And no you're not. You are commenting his ability to judge drivers ability. By the way, I think you totally missed the point Klaus is making.
So you swerve the question as expected. As for driving an F1 car, what has that got to do with anything? I play golf a lot, but it doesn't mean Im any better or worse at judging how good Bryson is playing. You get an eye for it the more you watch. So again, are you another person who can't actually admit that Hamilton is one of the best of all time? As an F1 fan its clear he, Max, Charles are in the very top tier of drivers. George, Lando have the potential along with probably Carlos.
I'm not one of those persons that has the arrogance to think that I can judge something or somebody without having any knowledge about the issue at hand. If that is disappointing to you, tough luck.

Big Tea

Just_a_fan wrote:
25 May 2021, 10:46
Vasconia wrote:
25 May 2021, 10:26
JPower wrote:

He questions the team because things change all the time in a race. Having a plan is fine but plans have to adapt. We see teams being abused because they stick to a plan even when it obviously isn't working.

Hamilton is always pushing and he always wants the best outcome. He also knows how the car and tyres are at any point in the race. And he also knows that team have data he hasn't got. So he queries things. It's a discussion just as it would be in the garage before the race. That's not disrespectfull, it's working as a team.
It is the equivalent of having extra sensors on the car with their own processing. Information fed to the engineers can be acted on or overridden if it does not agree with the others. Unless it produces floods of conflicting data, it must be very valuable even if it is sometimes at odds with the program
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

toraabe

Just_a_fan wrote:
25 May 2021, 08:28
Mclarensenna wrote:
25 May 2021, 01:50
There was definitely one between the two Haas cars. Other than that, no one has mentioned any others.
A few. Anyway at least that race is over. Monaco grand prix is always the most boring race on the calendar. Basically no overtakes.......