Red Bull RB8 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

It wouldn't surprise me to find out Helmut was talking crap again.

Edit: Oh aparently they plan to remove them for Valencia, not Canada. https://twitter.com/adamcooperf1/status ... 6818349058
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

FrukostScones

nice details rear-susp.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Hobbs04
Hobbs04

In regards to their illegal floor, most everyone questioned the legality but in the case of Sauber in Australia 11 they were disqualified for a couple millimeters on their rear wing. Was that officially protested by another team because it seemed the FIA took action immediately and swiftly. It seemed in Sauber's case too they said it wasn't a performance advantage.

aral
aral

Hobbs04 wrote:In regards to their illegal floor, most everyone questioned the legality but in the case of Sauber in Australia 11 they were disqualified for a couple millimeters on their rear wing. Was that officially protested by another team because it seemed the FIA took action immediately and swiftly. It seemed in Sauber's case too they said it wasn't a performance advantage.
In Saubers case, it failed post race scrutineering. No protest.

Hobbs04
Hobbs04

Thanks.

beelsebob
beelsebob

What I don't really understand is why the FIA don't have a procedure for "hey, there's some noise about this part looking funny, we'd better test it in post race scrutineering". I have no idea why the floor rules weren't checked by the scrutineers at any race this year.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:First reports from Montreal are that RB still have the holes on the floor but with small gaps like Ferrari & Sauber.
It seems that Tobias from AMuS was wrong about the hole still in the RB floor. We'll see come Saturday if they run it for sure or not.

via @tgruener

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:First reports from Montreal are that RB still have the holes on the floor but with small gaps like Ferrari & Sauber.
It seems that Tobias from AMuS was wrong about the hole still in the RB floor. We'll see come Saturday if they run it for sure or not.
If that's a pictures of the rear, then Red Bull should have a major change to the entire rear end (notice lack of tunnel/sidepod trailing slope). A-spec for Canada?

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

RB7ate9 wrote:
If that's a pictures of the rear, then Red Bull should have a major change to the entire rear end (notice lack of tunnel/sidepod trailing slope). A-spec for Canada?
Yeppers. I'm looking at others and it definitely looks like on one car at least they're reverting back to launch spec

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
RB7ate9 wrote:
Yeppers. I'm looking at others and it definitely looks like on one car at least they're reverting back to launch spec
That...is an interesting call. Could be that Vettel could have another crack at the A-spec system again, or Webber be asked to develop the system a bit further. Last seen in China, it wasn't too far off Webber's B-Spec (off by ~ 2s). Could the A-spec be better suited to the track? It'll be interesting to see if it's used at all, and for what reason.

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
RB7ate9 wrote:
Got a link to those?

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Owen.C93 wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
RB7ate9 wrote:
Got a link to those?
http://www.sutton-images.com/previews/d12cdn88.jpg
http://www.sutton-images.com/previews/d12cdn89.jpg
http://www.sutton-images.com/previews/d12cdn90.jpg

It could just be the angle but the ramp doesn't look present.

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

I think I can see it here on the red cam car, and again on the yellow cam car.

Thanks to http://www.motorsportgp.pl

JAllen
JAllen

Is the picture in crucials post not showing a temperature sensor bump, rather than the hole in the floor? Or am I looking at the wrong bit? :?

**EDIT** Just re-read the post, you are saying the hole is no longer there :oops:

Joe

raymondu999

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
RB7ate9 wrote:
Looks the same. The boat tail terminates wider than the A-spec. I think it's still the Bahrain-Monaco spec. Heck even Vettel said it was time for him to just knuckle down and get on with it.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法