Red Bull RB8 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Intego wrote:Are you sure? I can't see that.
EDIT: Two different cars to compare?
Yeah I got the wrong picture but its fixed
Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme on 23 Nov 2012, 17:02, edited 2 times in total.

Huntresa
Huntresa

Is it only Red Bull that runs vanes or w/e ontop of the floor on the diffuser ?

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Huntresa wrote:Is it only Red Bull that runs vanes or w/e ontop of the floor on the diffuser ?
No, I'm not talking about the vanes. I'm talking about the new channel directly under the rain light similar to what Mercedes & Ferrari have.

Austin:

Brazil:

Ferrari: the F2012 channel is a little lower than Red Bulls. Ferrari's is below the gurney flaps RB's is above it

Intego

Pretty much the same I'd say. I also have no better pic from Austin, but Abu Dhabi.

ABD

ABD YDT

I think your eyes are playing tricks on you as that what looks like a channel encloses the crash structure which moves down at that point.
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Intego wrote:Pretty much the same I'd say. I also have no better pic from Austin, but Abu

I think your eyes are playing tricks on you as that what looks like a channel encloses the crash structure which moves down at that point.
That's what I'm talking about but they didn't use it in Austin. Yes they tested at the YDT but you can see clearly it wasn't on the car in Austin. Young drivers test is different than using in the race

Edit: no it's not an enclosed channel but its a small new piece of bodywork that makes it somewhat look enclosed but more importantly hasn't been raced before
Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme on 23 Nov 2012, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.

PlatinumZealot

gandharva wrote:The weakest point RB8 has is its very poor highspeed performance on straights and also in very fast corners.
It's not a weakness it is a chioce! :wink:
I feel the RB8 has no weaknesses.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Intego

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
Intego wrote:Pretty much the same I'd say. I also have no better pic from Austin, but Abu

That's what I'm talking about but they didn't use it in Austin. Yes they tested at the YDT but you can see clearly it wasn't on the car in Austin. Young drivers test is different than using in the race

Edit: no it's not an enclosed channel but its a small new piece of bodywork that makes it somewhat look enclosed but more importantly hasn't been raced before
My first pic was Abu Dhabi on Friday, second YDT.
Here is India on Friday

Before India (don't know when/where)
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Intego wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:

My first pic was Abu Dhabi on Friday, second YDT.
Here is India on Friday
Shows how closely I've followed the RB8 :lol:
My apologies. I saw the AMuS pic from Austin that didn't have that piece so I thought it was new. Guess not.

Intego

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Shows how closely I've followed the RB8 :lol:
And I think it's too late to start to. :lol:

Nando
Nando

Intego wrote:My first pic was Abu Dhabi on Friday, second YDT.
Here is India on Friday

That picture is not India. that picture was posted here long before they went to India.
Valencia i think we concluded it was.
Vettel having alternator problems and you can see the crane in the background.

Edit: hell you can even see the spanish flag in the background.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Intego wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Shows how closely I've followed the RB8 :lol:
And I think it's too late to start to. :lol:
Just saw a pic from this morning on AMuS and it doesn't have that piece. Guess depends on the car.

Edit: FP1

Via AMuS

turbof1

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:You can see in the picture Forza posted Red Bull have modified their diffuser similar to the Mercedes & Ferrari style of an extra channel in the center section under the rain light/crash structure.
Could they be channeling some of the air coming from the tunnel to that central hole, instead of everything through the startmotor hole?
#AeroFrodo

Huntresa
Huntresa

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
Huntresa wrote:Is it only Red Bull that runs vanes or w/e ontop of the floor on the diffuser ?
No, I'm not talking about the vanes. I'm talking about the new channel directly under the rain light similar to what Mercedes & Ferrari have.
[/img]
And i just asked a question not related to anything in the previous post :P

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

turbof1 wrote: Could they be channeling some of the air coming from the tunnel to that central hole, instead of everything through the startmotor hole?
Seems that way to me mate. :))

@Huntresa sorry, I thought you were talking about our posts. My apologies

Intego

I still see no hole, duct or channel. Maybe someone could put an arrow to where this channel shall be.
In the meantime here's Scarbs analysis on how the ducted sidepods have worked long time and maybe still do:
Scarbsf1.com – Red Bull: Ducted Sidepod and Blown Starter Hole