Red Bull RB8 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
LionKing

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Goran2812 wrote:Ferrari and Macca even have their wheels of the ground and still aren't even close to the ground with their wings... How much does front end stiffness have to do with this?
But I still think the Bulls are doing some "black magic" with their front wings that can't be figured out even by the FIA :D
The cars are on different parts of the curve.

There is a silhouette of whiteness like a white line on the circuit. That line is behind McLaren, in front of Ferrari's rear tires and under Red Bull's front wing.

AlpineF1

Are Red Bull running a wet setup today??
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

aral

Goran2812 wrote:Ferrari and Macca even have their wheels of the ground and still aren't even close to the ground with their wings... How much does front end stiffness have to do with this?
But I still think the Bulls are doing some "black magic" with their front wings that can't be figured out even by the FIA :D
Have a look at the suspension angles. The Bull has the ns suspension much more compressed than either the McLaren or Ferrari. It looks as if the Bull rolls more.

Nando

Anyone got some good pictures of the exposed exhaust?

Looked like the exhaust were split just before the exhaust exit :S
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

agungn51

Nando wrote:Anyone got some good pictures of the exposed exhaust?

Looked like the exhaust were split just before the exhaust exit :S
the best i can get ....waiting for more

http://www.formula1.com/wi/gi/zWZ7/sutt ... ra3350.jpg

http://www.formule1.nl/media/uploads/me ... 408.27.jpg

http://www.formule1.nl/media/uploads/me ... 408.04.jpg

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/186440/1/n ... _over.html

http://www.formule1.nl/media/uploads/me ... 5408.4.jpg

edit by my self

" Many inventors achieve great success, because they treat inventing like a serious busines - Inventing is often the easy part; the trick is to know what needs to be invented "

atanatizante

How far can this rear brake vane could be curved in front of the tyre?
This could get some useful downforce ...

"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Intego

This floor clearly was illegal! :lol:
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

beelsebob

Intego wrote:This floor clearly was illegal! :lol:
lol, clearly the FIA are biased, Vettel should have been disqualified! Red bull orchestrated the crash deliberately :D

Nando

thanks for the pictures!

Why does the exhaust look like it splits?

I think the above portion is the actual exhaust tip but what is that below? headers?
and the piece to the right, it´s probably bodywork but at first i thought that was a piece of the exhaust as well.

beelsebob

Nando wrote:thanks for the pictures!

Why does the exhaust look like it splits?

I think the above portion is the actual exhaust tip but what is that below? headers?
and the piece to the right, it´s probably bodywork but at first i thought that was a piece of the exhaust as well.
Adrian Newey said after the race while interviewed with sky that it was part of the exhaust, and had a big crease in it. They fully expected the exhaust to crack, and set the car on fire.

I'm not sure what the bit highlighted on the right is – probably a clip to hold the bodywork onto the floor?

Nando

ok so the bottom part goes to the left then does a u-turn and comes up to the exhaust tip, that would explain everything.
Yea i think so too, looks like it´s bodywork/clips there.

I first thought the exhaust came from the left, split into 2, one continued down through the floor ;)

turbof1

What an extensive damage... If it didn't rain (and temperatures would be higher) I expect it would ended up with a DNF?
#AeroFrodo

Kiril Varbanov

VET was lucky not to retire, due to thermal runaway of those exhaust pipes. This really shows the great mechanical abilities of the car, as opposed to the great aero work, which was, well, asymmetrical at best this time :)

Congratulations, RB8 - made it to the Hall of Fame.

GrizzleBoy

Question.

Why would thermal runaway be a problem, given than the part in question is exposed to MORE cooling airflow/rain water/general cold and dampness than it would be if enclosed in heat resistant material?

raymondu999

Would it be because of the crumpled pipe? (Honest question)

I can imagine loss of power, and drag due to that opening - especially considering as it seems that it basically became a part of the sidepod tunnel - but not the thermal.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法