2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
JimClarkFan

2014/15 Silly Season

Has the silly season started?

I've heard of a rumored approach by Mclaren to Lewis Hamilton and of Jenson being dumped next year.

And murmur about a Ferrari seat.

And that Caterham have already been sold.

All sound a bit silly to me this early on, so surely we must have started?

Juzh

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season

Silly season starts in august?

sennaf1god.94

JimClarkFan wrote:Has the silly season started?

I've heard of a rumored approach by Mclaren to Lewis Hamilton and of Jenson being dumped next year.

And murmur about a Ferrari seat.

And that Caterham have already been sold.

All sound a bit silly to me this early on, so surely we must have started?
And that Renault will leave in 2016, and that all its costumers will have to ask Honda if they are willing to supply.

And murmur about if Ferrari can´t win a race next season they will pull the plug as well. Before that Bianchi will be Alonso´s teammate.

8)
I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

SectorOne

Well since Eddie Jordan came out on TV and said Hamilton was going to Mercedes and then i think nailed the whole line-up for 2014 i´m just gonna listen to what that man says next time he opens his mouth.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

PlatinumZealot

Kimi is going. Vettel is coming.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

heidenreich27

Re: AW: 2014/15 Silly Season

n smikle wrote:Kimi is going. Vettel is coming.
He wont survive alonso, he cant even survive riccardo

iotar__

Many millions (20+?) of reasons it's not going to happen, they're ploughing through with it. Same mistake and admitting to it? It may be dangerous to people responsible who are still at Ferrari (minus Domenicali). Ferrari, RB stay the same. 2016 can be different for Alonso depending on three engines and Newey's retirement.

McLaren might be interesting: Dennis doesn't like Button (source: my head) and when Magnussen is getting ovation from a..-kissers after solid seventh place and speech it only shows who is another favourite of the boss no matter the performance, costs or results.

Montyinct

Bottas to Mercedes AMG, after Hamilton loses title this year. Toto his manager I think.

sennaf1god.94

Montyinct wrote:Bottas to Mercedes AMG, after Hamilton loses title this year. Toto his manager I think.
Both Toto and Mika (Hakkinen) actually.

But instead of Bottas we saw Massa at the Norisring DTM race accompanied by all Mercedes management...

If that´s indicative of something.
I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

Gaz.

Juzh wrote:Silly season starts in august?
That's print media silly season because the football season hadn't started and parliment were on yet another holiday so there were sillier stories eminating from Fleet Street. The F1 silly season starts in Monaco, gets serious at Silverstone and used to be wrapped up in Monza but that seems to have rolled back to Singapore lately.
Forza Jules

Gaz.

I think 2015 will work out something like this:

RedBull - Vettel/Ricciardo
Mercedes - Hamilton/Rosberg
Ferrari- Alonso/Raikkonen
Lotus - Van Der Garde/Nasr
Mclaren - Magnussen/Grosjean
Force India- Hulkenberg/Perez
Sauber - Gutiérrez/Bianchi
Torro Rosso - Kvyat/Sainz
Williams - Bottas/Massa
Marussua - Chilton/Kobayashi
Forza Jules

iotar__

Re: Dennis dislikes Button and is unconditionally behind his own questionable ideas (Magnussen). This didn't take long :roll: : " "I'm sure Kevin is giving a big wake-up call for Jenson," etc. http://en.espnf1.com/mclaren/motorsport ... 64655.html

What exactly is this wake up call, mistakes at the start in every race? Or maybe that the driver who you fired is driving better than either of them? Or that you rushed unprepared Magnussen's F1 debut hurting him in the process? Drivers are not the biggest McLaren problem now but it's easier to talk about them than the fact that McL is the worst Merc team behind Williams and FI.

antsyd

Re: AW: 2014/15 Silly Season

heidenreich27 wrote:
He wont survive alonso, he cant even survive riccardo
I agree. What I believe has become apparent this year is that most of Vettel's success has come from being supplied a car that suits his requirements perfectly. He's not happy with the car this year and the results confirm it. I cannot see Ferrari giving him what he needs for success.

aral

sennaf1god.94 wrote:
Montyinct wrote:Bottas to Mercedes AMG, after Hamilton loses title this year. Toto his manager I think.
Both Toto and Mika (Hakkinen) actually.

But instead of Bottas we saw Massa at the Norisring DTM race accompanied by all Mercedes management...

If that´s indicative of something.
Yup! It indicates that Massa drives for a team which uses Merc engines! He was also at Goodwood. does that signify that he may be going to a resurrected March? :lol: :lol:

sennaf1god.94

gilgen wrote:Does that signify that he may be going to a resurrected March? :lol: :lol:
Don´t speak too loud. Now Newey has some spare time...who knows!

And you know how competent and competitive is Adrian, while March is an unfinished work...

8P

Ayrton Senna da Silva