2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
notsofast
notsofast

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes ALO and VET too!

Manoah2u wrote:I'll call it: Fernando Alonso @ Audi F1 team 2016.
Manoah2u wrote:They could buy Toro Rosso.
Imagine that. Alonso against rookie Verstappen. A replay of Alonso against rookie Hamilton.

ringo

Alonso & Button at Mclaren, or Button & Vettel?
For Sure!!

PlatinumZealot

The Button has been popped from the vest... Where will it land in Austin? Heard it here folks - from your old friend PZ!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

djos

PlatinumZealot wrote:The Button has been popped from the vest... Where will it land in Austin? Heard it here folks - from your old friend PZ!
Heard what exactly? Your post makes no sense at all!
"In downforce we trust"

pob

Moose wrote:
Manoah2u wrote: For all that matters, Caterham and Marussia might be on the 2015 grid under new leadership or different names.
Marussia will for sure be back, unless Sauber can pull a 9th place out of the bag. They're in line for $90m from the FIA this year, compared to $30m last year.
Won't Marussia forfeit some prize money by not showing up at Austin?

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

pob wrote:
Moose wrote:
Manoah2u wrote: For all that matters, Caterham and Marussia might be on the 2015 grid under new leadership or different names.
Marussia will for sure be back, unless Sauber can pull a 9th place out of the bag. They're in line for $90m from the FIA this year, compared to $30m last year.
Won't Marussia forfeit some prize money by not showing up at Austin?
Yes they will lose prize money indeed.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11410268334 ... n---report
Bernie Ecclestone wrote: "They lose any money they would have got for those races but they don't lose their position in the championship,"
That is, offcourse, unless Sauber grabs some points this or/and next weekend, and passes them in the standings.
As long as that doesn't happen, they can miss all the races untill the last, and still get the prize money for all the races they've run untill now AND the championship position prize money.

Since they choose to sit out atleast 2 races, that means that the prize money for those races isn't worth the effort of participating. Apart from that, Marussia just went into administration, too.

I must say I haven't realised it was this grim. I guess Bernie's wishlist of having this long list of tracks to race in a season must be devastating for some teams. Makes me wonder just how much a single race weekend costs just to participate.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

CjC
CjC

Haha Burn thinks Alonso would look good in black and gold.
I doubt Alonso himself does!
Just a fan's point of view

Writinglife
Writinglife

i have a feeling Alonso won't announce/be announced until the end of the season and I won't be shocked if he does announce a year out. Personally, i'd like to see Hamilton get his 2nd title this year, move back to McLaren in 2016 and leave the door open for a very hungry Alonso at Mercedes. 2016 would be lovely with those two in equal machinery battling for their 3rd titles.

Moose
Moose

Writinglife wrote:i have a feeling Alonso won't announce/be announced until the end of the season and I won't be shocked if he does announce a year out. Personally, i'd like to see Hamilton get his 2nd title this year, move back to McLaren in 2016 and leave the door open for a very hungry Alonso at Mercedes. 2016 would be lovely with those two in equal machinery battling for their 3rd titles.
If all you care about is them in equal machinery, why does it need Hamilton to move? Why wouldn't Alonso just go to McLaren.

rifrafs2kees
rifrafs2kees

He'd be a moron to take a break in my opinion. Why not join a very hungry Mclaren and see how things go. It's the same gamble Lewis took and it has paid off. Let's say he takes a break and then hamilton takes a pay cut in addition to getting the job done. He's --- then. He'd have to negotiate at even worse terms than now.
Last edited by rifrafs2kees on 27 Oct 2014, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

xDama
xDama

Alonso taking a break will result in Alonso leaving F1. The current field is way to competitive to stay relevant after 1 year of absence, even if you're Fred Alonso. The guy is 34 years old. I give him 2 more competitive years before the 'second best drivers' (to each his own opinion) will have so much experience they're on par, or even better than him.

Unless there's a hidden bombshell in the paddock, Alonso is going to Mclaren. If not: he's out of F1.
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

Writinglife
Writinglife

Moose wrote:
Writinglife wrote:i have a feeling Alonso won't announce/be announced until the end of the season and I won't be shocked if he does announce a year out. Personally, i'd like to see Hamilton get his 2nd title this year, move back to McLaren in 2016 and leave the door open for a very hungry Alonso at Mercedes. 2016 would be lovely with those two in equal machinery battling for their 3rd titles.
If all you care about is them in equal machinery, why does it need Hamilton to move? Why wouldn't Alonso just go to McLaren.
Completely personal feelings. I'd like to see McLaren-Honda return to winning ways, with Hamilton leading the charge. (Yes, I'm biased in that way). I don't want to lose Alonso, despite (again completely personal) my feelings about the man's integrity. I don't have the emotional tie to Mercedes that I do to McLaren.

Everything I wrote above is my wishful thinking. I have as much chance of getting it right as anyone else here.

dren

Alonso has a contract with Honda. His drive with Mclaren is going to be announced at the USGP. That's the rumor.
Honda!

Racer X

Honda and Alonso makes more sense then Lotus. But let's hope that Honda Engine is worth it..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ