2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SectorOne

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season

Watching Vettel vs Hamilton at Ferrari would be awesome. Let´s just hope the car is good so Vettel can play too.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

antsyd
antsyd

I would love to see Ricciardo at Ferrari next year.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Manoah2u wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:No chance of Hamilton going to Ferrari. Vettel is there for the medium haul and Ferrari will either bring Marciello through as his long term teammate or snap up someone like Nasr.

Vettel has repeatedly said he will likely retire young from F1, so by the time Hamilton's next Merc contract is up, Vettel will be on his way out of the sport.
Nah, Vettel has 4 titles, he wants to be better than Schumacher, that means 4 more.
:lol: . He's said many times that he doesn't have a desire to outdo his idol & friend. As said, he will retire in his early 30s IMO and be gone from Motorsport to live a quiet life with his wife and kid(s).

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Why are people suggesting daft things like Raikkonen to Force India (When Raikkonen finishes with Ferrari, he'll finish with F1) and that Rosberg would leave for 2016 - he just signed a new contract and I don't think his spat with Hamilton would force him out of the best car on the grid.

PlatinumZealot

ChrisF1 wrote:Why are people suggesting daft things like Raikkonen to Force India (When Raikkonen finishes with Ferrari, he'll finish with F1) and that Rosberg would leave for 2016 - he just signed a new contract and I don't think his spat with Hamilton would force him out of the best car on the grid.
Haha, yes come to think of it, Kimi doesn't have time to waste with non-winning teams. So Kimi out after his stint with Ferrari then leaving an empty slot on the grid.

My gut feeling tells me that Ferrari will be the better car by next year, I don't know why but I just feel it.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

efuloni
efuloni

If Bottas go to another team in 2016 I'd love to see Massa and Button pairing in Williams. Two experienced and nice lads, driving together for their last season. hahaha

And I think they could do a good job. Williams probably will have a decent car next year as well.

Button doesn'tlook like a guy who wants retire and going back to Williams is a chance of being in the first half of the grid to have some fun.

n04h f1
n04h f1

I think it would be great if Bottas moves to Ferrari, Hulk to Williams, and Kevin Magnussen to SFI (if both Alonso and Button are still at McLaren). Hopefully SFI is better next year.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

I've always struggled with the rating of Bottas as his reputation appears to owe more to his friendship with the media than on track performance.

In the media room, he's the best young driver in the series. A nailed on champion and future great.

On track, to me, he's a pretty run of the mill paydriver. :wtf:

n04h f1
n04h f1

Jonnycraig wrote:I've always struggled with the rating of Bottas as his reputation appears to owe more to his friendship with the media than on track performance.

In the media room, he's the best young driver in the series. A nailed on champion and future great.

On track, to me, he's a pretty run of the mill paydriver. :wtf:
Just curious - why don't you think he's special? He did outperform Massa last year by quite a margin and ended up 4th overall. :)

efuloni
efuloni

n04h f1 wrote: Just curious - why don't you think he's special? He did outperform Massa last year by quite a margin and ended up 4th overall. :)
I'm not saying he didn't was better than Massa, but I'm not sure if we can really say that it was for "quite a margin". It was, actually, the smaller margin in the big teams, look:

Alonso - Kimi = 106
Button - Magnussen = 71
Ricciardo - Vettel = 71
Hamilton - Rosberg = 67
Bottas - Massa = 52

And we shouldn't forget that Massa's misfortune in the first half of the championship contributed a lot for this margin.
So, again, I also think its a bit early to rate Bottas so high. He is good, of course, he proved it, but let's wait a bit more.

iotar__

n04h f1 wrote:Just curious - why don't you think he's special? He did outperform Massa last year by quite a margin and ended up 4th overall. :)
Nice of you to ignore this season. No he didn't outperform considerably he scored more points and was overall slightly better. 4th is good but car and competition mattered. When Williams had their best chances to bother Merc it was Massa in front: Monza, Austria (better pace but in front only through pitstops), Abu Dhabi, Interlagos. (Canada with problems but only 0,03 in Q and in Germany it was Bottas of course.)

If we put last 10-12 races (as selective as it is) it would be a landslide in Massa's favour. You have to be media darling and maybe Toto Wolff's for everyone to ignore it = only good news marketing. I hate people saying it and It doesn't add any weight to arguments but I was on Bottas bandwagon before it was 8) so my point is you should expect much more from a supposed top driver.

Why is it in silly season, where is he going especially in 2015 ;-)? I've heard third option after Alonso to Merc (Wolff and it's not happening) and Ferrari-Raikkonen rumours because they're both Finns I guess. I don't care but it depends on their approach, so driving badly below Massa's level might help if they don't want anyone too good. I'm not even touching the logic of keeping Raikkonen.

efuloni
efuloni

I read some gossip about Vergne in Haas F1 Team. It would be nice. :)

Racer X

Maldonado does anyone know how long his contact with Lotus is?
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

too long.

Racer X

Thats why im asking im hoping it ends this season so that Lotus can get a better driver. But if Lotus needs the money i can see them keeping him.... :/
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ