2017 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 10-12 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ChrisDanger
44
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:59 am

2017 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 10-12 November

Post by ChrisDanger » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:58 pm

Image

Circuit and Event Information

Image

Image

Tyre Allocations

Image

2016 Qualifying Results (link to wiki)

Image

2016 Race Results* (link to wiki)

Image
* - Pit Stop and Tyre Strategy Information might not be accurate (results butchered from positions at Lap 51/71).

2016 Pole Lap:

Image

Championship Tables

World Driver's Championship Table
Image

World Driver's Championship, Positions
Image

World Driver's Championship, Points
Image

World Driver's Championship, Points - Midfield Zoom
Image

World Constructor's Championship Table
Image

World Constructor's Championship, Positions
Image

World Constructor's Championship, Points
Image

World Constructor's Championship, Points - Midfield Zoom
Image

SectorOne
380
User avatar
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 8:51 am

Re: 2017 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 10-12 November

Post by SectorOne » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:43 pm

Probably a fight between Verstappen and Hamilton like last year but it would be great to see VER, HAM, VET all have a clean first lap being in the top 3 positions.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

dans79
132
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: 2017 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 10-12 November

Post by dans79 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:46 pm

SectorOne wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:43 pm
Probably a fight between Verstappen and Hamilton like last year but it would be great to see VER, HAM, VET all have a clean first lap being in the top 3 positions.
I'd like to see that as well. The grid has played bumper cars over the first lap far to often this year.

ThumbsUp
23
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 10-12 November

Post by ThumbsUp » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:09 pm

And an extra bonus is, Hamilton, Vettel and Verstappen all have nothing to lose because the championship has been dealt with so the fight for victory can be much much much harder then ever before... "Wishfull thinking" :D

Restomaniac
2
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Hull

Re: 2017 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 10-12 November

Post by Restomaniac » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:26 pm

SectorOne wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:43 pm
Probably a fight between Verstappen and Hamilton like last year but it would be great to see VER, HAM, VET all have a clean first lap being in the top 3 positions.
Well this is what I'm looking forward to most.

Hamilton, Vettel, Bottas, Ricciardo, Raikkonen and Verstappen being free now to just go a it. No team orders needed now. The WDC is sorted the top 3 are all locked in place in WCC table. Just go at it guys please.

Restomaniac
2
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Hull

Re: 2017 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 10-12 November

Post by Restomaniac » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:38 pm

Also another old track that I enjoy.

I always love the onboard in the constant left turn that goes from 12-15.

Jolle
96
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm
Location: Dordrecht

Re: 2017 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 10-12 November

Post by Jolle » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:41 pm

Restomaniac wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:26 pm
SectorOne wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:43 pm
Probably a fight between Verstappen and Hamilton like last year but it would be great to see VER, HAM, VET all have a clean first lap being in the top 3 positions.
Well this is what I'm looking forward to most.

Hamilton, Vettel, Bottas, Ricciardo, Raikkonen and Verstappen being free now to just go a it. No team orders needed now. The WDC is sorted the top 3 are all locked in place in WCC table. Just go at it guys please.
Well... Bottas still has a clear chance on second, even if Vettel might not be very interested...

Hamilton, with the WC sealed will probably not be on his sharpest (like in '15) and Verstappen is on fire.

I could see a fun fight with BOT and VER! nice change for a chance.

Restomaniac
2
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Hull

Re: 2017 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 10-12 November

Post by Restomaniac » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:04 pm

Jolle wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:41 pm
Restomaniac wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:26 pm
SectorOne wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:43 pm
Probably a fight between Verstappen and Hamilton like last year but it would be great to see VER, HAM, VET all have a clean first lap being in the top 3 positions.
Well this is what I'm looking forward to most.

Hamilton, Vettel, Bottas, Ricciardo, Raikkonen and Verstappen being free now to just go a it. No team orders needed now. The WDC is sorted the top 3 are all locked in place in WCC table. Just go at it guys please.
Well... Bottas still has a clear chance on second, even if Vettel might not be very interested...

Hamilton, with the WC sealed will probably not be on his sharpest (like in '15) and Verstappen is on fire.

I could see a fun fight with BOT and VER! nice change for a chance.
Not sure on that. Everyone is now free to race.
Hamilton seems in a different place from anytime Rosberg was his team mate in that he has that twinkle back in his eye at any chat about racing. Vettel would I imagine be motivated to win just to prove himself. Verstappen is just Verstappen. Ricciardo would overtake his own mother if he could and as you say Bottas is looking at 2nd place.

The only person with no motivation is Raikkonen but then again what's new there.

notsofast
6
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:56 am

Re: 2017 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 10-12 November

Post by notsofast » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:20 pm

Something like Bottas - Hamilton - Verstappen - Vettel at the end of turn 2 might be interesting. Ferrari would probably not want Vettel to lose his #2 position in the WDC standings. Perhaps a nice tangle between p2, p3, and p4, with Hamilton defending instead of attacking.

JonoNic
8
User avatar
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:54 pm

Re: 2017 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 10-12 November

Post by JonoNic » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:46 pm

I hope this race is dry though with a clean start for everyone. An anti-clockwise track that normally bums out the driver's neck and with this year's cars it will be a real test. Ok, rain in the last 10 laps would be perfect.
Always find the gap then use it.

FrukostScones
164
User avatar
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: European Union

Re: 2017 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 10-12 November

Post by FrukostScones » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:48 pm

BOT vs. VES like in Mexica... That was exiting ; ). If it is dry then I expect HAm vs. vet vs. Ves. And Ves to win again. If it will be wet and or mixed... It will be Ves vs some others and a shock STR Podium.
Game Over! NVWSSV is here.

zibby43
22
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:16 am

Re: 2017 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 10-12 November

Post by zibby43 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:40 am

I have a feeling that Hamilton is going to be super-motivated to get a win here.

JonoNic
8
User avatar
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:54 pm

Re: 2017 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 10-12 November

Post by JonoNic » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:59 am

zibby43 wrote:I have a feeling that Hamilton is going to be super-motivated to get a win here.
I think Hamilton is always motivated to win. He just makes things look so easy that we think he's not motivated. With the exception of the last race or two at the end of 2015. I can't think of other times.

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk

Always find the gap then use it.

GPR-A
158
User avatar
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:00 am

Re: 2017 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 10-12 November

Post by GPR-A » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:04 pm

ThumbsUp wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:09 pm
And an extra bonus is, Hamilton, Vettel and Verstappen all have nothing to lose because the championship has been dealt with so the fight for victory can be much much much harder then ever before... "Wishfull thinking" :D
The big bad boys would return to bully the kid. This time, the kid would not have it easy as the bad boys would not leave an inch to the kid. They would be ready to crash him out, rather than leaving any space for the kid. I am fully expecting Lewis and Vettel to dive down (even a dive bomb) the inside OR force Verstappen out if there is an opportunity. Just to give a lesson in racing! It would be fun two races ahead.

iNtek
0
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:55 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: 2017 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 10-12 November

Post by iNtek » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:34 pm

I'm going for:

1. Verstappen
2. Hamilton
**bit of space towards p3**
3. Ricciardo
4. Vettel
5. Bottas