2019 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 06 - 08

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
fritticaldi

Re: 2019 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 06 - 08

The Ferrari of Leclerc was too quick on the straightaway. Hamilton ruined his tyres staying behind Leclerc. Great sportsmanship by Hamilton at parc fermé shaking Leclerc's hand and congratulating him for his 2nd GP Victory.

DChemTech
DChemTech

GPR -A wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 18:38
cooken wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 18:32
fritticaldi wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 17:59
Wondering what Ocon would have done in Bottas position today. ?
Crashed into Hamilton at the first chicane.
He is talking about Ocon, not Verstappen.
And so was Cooken ;)

cooken
cooken

There was really no room to make that joke, it was forced not unlike a divebomb. So if anything GPR is most comparable to Max.

:)

siskue2005

this is just BS
the "new Regime"!!!
https://streamable.com/i099w

so as long as no contact, a driver can do what ever the s11t they want :roll:

Scorpaguy

Wow...award for the most irritated driver of the day? Watch Kimi's onboard of the cool-down lap. Speed bordering on hazardous with Marshals trackside. Something tells me he was irritated by the sophomoric tire fiasco.

matt_b
matt_b

siskue2005 wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 19:52
this is just BS
the "new Regime"!!!

So what the FIA are saying is don't get out the way to avoid contact like Lewis, just rub wheels (contact) take a little bit of Pirelli paint off the sides and Charles gets a 5 second time penalty because of the contact :wtf:

izzy
izzy

miguelalvesreis wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 17:56
stewards have educated everybody when they were lenient with Max Verstapen dancing on the breaking line. And if you see the interviews and the tap on the helmet from HAM to LEC ... probably you nee complaining more then the drivers that are actually racing on the track. Is absolutely normal that in the heat of the moment they complaint
I think the drivers don't like the late blocks and moving over either, Lewis isn't the kind of person to try and spoil Charles big day over it tho. But it seems the more dangerous it is, the less likely the stewards are to do anything! Perez on Albon last race, the pit releases, as you say Max and Seb at Silverstone, Max and Kimi at Spa, Max and Ric at Baku, Kmag on Gasly at Baku a couple of years ago... i seriously don't know what goes on in stewards' minds when they blank these things. But then if the wrong tyres :shock: are fitted it's race ruined instantly.

thetruth
thetruth

Mmmm.
Some eating liver here.
Enjoy.

siskue2005

matt_b wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 20:04
siskue2005 wrote:
this is just BS
the "new Regime"!!!

So what the FIA are saying is don't get out the way to avoid contact like Lewis, just rub wheels (contact) take a little bit of Pirelli paint off the sides and Charles gets a 5 second time penalty because of the contact :wtf:
exactly ! :x

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

siskue2005 wrote:
this is just BS
the "new Regime"!!!

I've talked about this before and it is just my opinion. What happened in Canada will haunt us for a long time. Things will get reckless, basically you can do anything nowadays and get away with it. Hamilton said "It's good knowledge, now I know". I'm betting my house, if hamilton does something like this fighting for the championship with Leclerc next year , it will be chaos and death threats.

Stewards mask their incompetence with "we want real racing", but that's not racing to me. They just don't want to annoy the fans.

miguelalvesreis
miguelalvesreis

Jambier wrote:
GPR -A wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 18:08
So, Honda's progress is impressive this year, but still not enough. On a power circuit, Perez using a new Spec 2 PU managed to be ahead of Verstappen, who was on a new Spec 4 PU, for pretty much half the race! Critically, Racing Point doesn't get the same grade fuel from Petronas that Mercedes gets, who supposedly have introduced a new grade fuel in Hungary, with reportedly, a 18 HP boost!
The Honda is the most reliable engine.
And that is already amazing.

But yes in power maybe a bit behind.

We also saw that the Renault is the most unreliable engine, but very powerful
Not in this race. Renaults have finished the race. The only DNF that seems engine related is Kvyat.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

miguelalvesreis
miguelalvesreis

Xwang wrote:
Bill_Kar wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 17:46
Bottas' try really makes you appreciate Hamilton. He was literally stuck behind Leclerc, without a single mistake. Ham's pressure is relentless, Leclerc is the next guy who can't stand it and cracks (after Rosberg and Vettel).
Someone could says that at the end of this race was Hamilton to crack.
I think that both Ferrari and Mercedes drivers were using their cars to the maximum and when you are at the limit going slightly long in a hard braking point in race does not seem so huge error (even if it should be avoided because it is risky for the track position, but if you do not risk when you are 1 second distant to the competitor you are not a top f1 driver).
IMHO.
All 3 have made small mistakes at T1, Low downforce setups + used tires + high speeds + Pressure (either to overtake on to defend).

Apart from all little shananigans, it was a fierce and awesome battle between LEC and HAM!! Great driving from both!
Hoping for more to come from these 2 and MAX!!

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

izzy
izzy

siskue2005 wrote:
this is just BS
the "new Regime"!!!

it's cool that Michael Masi came on TV to explain the decisions. But this 'let them race' concept is a complete macho stupidity. It's just moving the boundaries, and racing drivers will simply move their boundaries to match obviously and cross over them with exactly the same frequency, but with the more aggressive/unfair/dangerous drivers having a bit of an advantage, and everybody driving more dangerously. I blame Brundle quite a bit for it, tubby tough guy lol. Any fool can watch his mirrors and block, shove a car off etc etc, it's not a skill or impressive.

And more proof that teams are only good at one thing and it's not running the sport.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

thetruth wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 20:08
Mmmm.
Some eating liver here.
Enjoy.
Eh? :?:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

siskue2005 wrote:
this is just BS
the "new Regime"!!!

Ironically, had there been contact, it would likely have been Charles who came out worst as his rear tyre would have ridden over Lewis's front tyre. That's a launch event. Charles owes Lewis an apology and a "thank you".
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.