Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Ferrari F2012

Looks like they copied the Mclaren "Bat wing" shaped wing elements.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

n smikle wrote:Looks like they copied the Mclaren "Bat wing" shaped wing elements.
"bat wing" shape?

I've noticed the upper innermost cascade no longer has an open slot, it's closed off. Previous version had a slot.

Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme on 02 Mar 2012, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.

Blackout

And the mirrors :D
New
Old

bhall
bhall

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:"bat wing" shape?
Ringo would have us refer to them as ellipses.

Tozza Mazza

bhallg2k wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:"bat wing" shape?
Ringo would have us refer to them as ellipses.

Are you talking about the way 'swept back' shape between the two flaps changing from single to double flaps?

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

New cooling outlet

raymondu999

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
n smikle wrote:Looks like they copied the Mclaren "Bat wing" shaped wing elements.
"bat wing" shape?
The trailing edge nearest to the nose kind of has an upward point. Similar to the McLaren.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

bhall
bhall

Tozza Mazza wrote:Are you talking about the way 'swept back' shape between the two flaps changing from single to double flaps?
I'm not exactly sure what you're referencing. I was referring to the trailing edge of the flaps that now have an elliptical shape to them.

EDIT: Twice, for emphasis.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

raymondu999 wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
"bat wing" shape?
The trailing edge nearest to the nose kind of has an upward point. Similar to the McLaren.
Ah gotcha, now I definitely see the resemblance. Thanks.

bhall
bhall

bhallg2k wrote:Look at the exhaust housing. That they haven't yet adapted the bodywork for the more inboard exhaust leads me to believe that they didn't anticipate moving the exhaust at all and so they simply do not have bodywork made for the change.
Pat Fry wrote:[The exhaust] showed some good promise but after the test we did here last week, it was clear that we needed to do a lot more development before we race it, so it is something that we will carry on working on and look at later.

Now obviously, having developed that car for that concept, we are looking to try and re-optimise everything for the week and a half we have got. There is not a massive difference between the two but we need to go through and check all the details [...]
DOA.
Last edited by bhall on 02 Mar 2012, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.

Froggolo
Froggolo

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:New cooling outlet

...and old diffuser
Relax, man. Have an elliptical drink or something® ( bhallg2k )

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Froggolo wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:New cooling outlet

...and old diffuser
Yep. I have pictures from today with the new diffuser on. Trying to find the right combination I guess.

Hail22

Byrne Floor number three will most likely show its face (whether its the last is unknown).

Seems like a massive package has arrived as Ferrari mentioned working all night in order to install new parks/packages is this the afformentioned "RED" pack?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

bhall
bhall

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Image
The changes to the engine cover resulting from the larger aft hot air vent give that bodywork its most cohesive overall shape yet. It looks like a proper design now rather than a mere collection of body panels.

I'm still looking for a way to put some faith into the promise offered by new developments. However, it's proving to be very, very difficult given the team's significant miscalculations with the outboard exhaust. I wonder what all that has skewed directly and if other parts of the car are fraught with similar mistakes.

radosav
radosav

ferrari tested new front wing last 10 minutes of today's test. car hasn't got its aeorodinamical package yet. maybe tomorow.