2022 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, March 25 - 27

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2022 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, March 25 - 27

dialtone wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 22:37
PER v LEC quali

https://i.imgur.com/IRjoMeg.png

LEC high DF, PER low DF. I think the engines are almost equal in power right now. PER nailed the last corner and by getting on the throttle faster he was a fraction ahead of LEC in acceleration which allowed him to bring it home.

Good stuff.
Great effort, but the contrast is poor with the colour choice. Maybe use pitch black, instead of the charcoal you used.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

epo
epo

Yeah not gonna happen, and also don’t post this stuff in general stuff, you have special Mercedes topics for that. Because this forum is English doesn’t mean everyone is a Hamilton fan.
Last edited by epo on 26 Mar 2022, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.

Magicsenna_41
Magicsenna_41

So Verstappen was the only top driver to cross the line of the area between pit entry and pit wall.
Was this announced top be forbidden by FIA?
[mod cut]

nevill3

I had a look at the race directors notes and if max put a wheel on the line he is OK,
16.3 Except in the cases of force majeure (accepted as such by the Stewards), the crossing by any part
of the car, in any direction, of the painted area between the pit entry and the track, by a driver who,
in the opinion of the Stewards, had committed to entering the pit lane is prohibited.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Big Tea

Unc1eM0nty wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 22:34
lh13 wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 21:56
Start will be crucial for Perez, obviously, and even more so for Ferraris. If Perez can hold back Ferraris, it'll help Max to get Ferraris. I bet he'll get Sainz rather quickly if this is the case.
If they all hold position at the start it's going to be quite a queue behind Checo
Remember also it is free tyre choice now. Worth Max going hard from the start?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

dialtone
dialtone

PlatinumZealot wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 22:51
dialtone wrote:
PER v LEC quali

LEC high DF, PER low DF. I think the engines are almost equal in power right now. PER nailed the last corner and by getting on the throttle faster he was a fraction ahead of LEC in acceleration which allowed him to bring it home.

Good stuff.
Great effort, but the contrast is poor with the colour choice. Maybe use pitch black, instead of the charcoal you used.
I'm honestly awful at this so I was using the defaults of the library... Anyway here's a second attempt

It seems better contrast to me.

TNTHead

dialtone wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 23:18
PlatinumZealot wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 22:51
dialtone wrote:
PER v LEC quali

Good stuff.
I'm honestly awful at this so I was using the defaults of the library... Anyway here's a second attempt

https://i.imgur.com/E1IHbUj.png

It seems better contrast to me.
Thanks for the comparison, very insightful!

Apparently the RB-Honda power unit is not far off from the Ferrari. RB deliberately chose a less DF setup? For what, to avoid too much heat in the tyres? We'll see how that pans out, but it might be detrimental for tyre wear, although the surface is less abrasive as Bahrain.

f1316
f1316

What I find interesting is the complete unknown we have in terms of Ferrari’s race pace vs a Red Bull far apparently set up to sacrifice quali speed in favour of race pace.

In principle you would certainly imagine this is advantage RB, especially if Perez keeps the lead as race pace - and preserving tyres - is his thing.

But then who knows what the Ferrari will look like in the race? Maybe not even they know? Will be fun to find out - hopefully it’s close.

lh13
lh13

f1316 wrote:What I find interesting is the complete unknown we have in terms of Ferrari’s race pace vs a Red Bull far apparently set up to sacrifice quali speed in favour of race pace.

In principle you would certainly imagine this is advantage RB, especially if Perez keeps the lead as race pace - and preserving tyres - is his thing.

But then who knows what the Ferrari will look like in the race? Maybe not even they know? Will be fun to find out - hopefully it’s close.
RedBull have favoured race setup?

nevill3

Dany Ric three place grid drop for impeding
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

LM10
LM10

f1316 wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 23:39
What I find interesting is the complete unknown we have in terms of Ferrari’s race pace vs a Red Bull far apparently set up to sacrifice quali speed in favour of race pace.

They know where they are. They’ve done a high fuel load run in FP3. Leclerc is confident about their race pace.

JonoNic

Some Latiffi accident dejavu here.

Anyways, that McLaren was really bouncing quite badly on the straights. Are they trying to drop their ride height again?
Always find the gap then use it.

ringo

The ferrari looks like it has the better race setup to me. It is cornering better. Perez has to get out of the throttle in the corners more than Charles. The Ferrari has much more grip.
Charles doing a little left foot braking as well.. interesting.
Anyhow I think Ferrari have this race. Redbull will be faster but degrade more on the tyres in my opinion. Redbull has the top speed, but may not have the traction to get on the back of the ferrari.
For Sure!!

ferkan
ferkan

Hey Dialtone, great stuff with telemetry. Last one looks reall good IMO.

Can you post say Bottas vs Gasly, as these are other Ferrari/Honda cars with similar performances?

Unc1eM0nty

Big Tea wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 23:17
Unc1eM0nty wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 22:34
lh13 wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 21:56
Start will be crucial for Perez, obviously, and even more so for Ferraris. If Perez can hold back Ferraris, it'll help Max to get Ferraris. I bet he'll get Sainz rather quickly if this is the case.
If they all hold position at the start it's going to be quite a queue behind Checo
Remember also it is free tyre choice now. Worth Max going hard from the start?
It would be a risk, he could get swamped off the line, he'd have the pace to get the places back but it would be a net loss if the Ferraris get a clean start.

I don't think Checo has the race pace to hold them off either, Max need to get a good start himself