2022 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 01 - 03

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Shrieker

Re: 2022 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 01 - 03

DChemTech wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:36
Shrieker wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:34
DChemTech wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:27

"they" are never gonna let it go... yet the first one to bring it up was, to my knowledge, a Hamilton supporter, as were most of the subsequent comments. Who is not going to let it go, exactly?
Max squeezed Mick in the final corner of the race to make him back off, and he's lucky Mick hadn't scored a point before :lol: Had Max remained fair, Mick was going to pass him clean before the line.
... yes... for which I literally said Max should have been penalized some pages ago, so why bring this up in response?
Point being Max rarely races fairly, most of the time just tries to drive thru people, and is hailed as a great racer. That guy is just flat out dirty whenever he feels like it, and no one dares penalize him adequately. He was more to blame for what happened last year.

Red Bull again had special treatment this race. How come Perez was not penalized after overtaking Leclerc by blatantly going out of the track limits. And Max squeezed Mick out of road not once, but twice.
Last edited by Shrieker on 03 Jul 2022, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

DChemTech
DChemTech

Shrieker wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:51
DChemTech wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:36
Shrieker wrote:

Max squeezed Mick in the final corner of the race to make him back off, and he's lucky Mick hadn't scored a point before :lol: Had Max remained fair, Mick was going to pass him clean before the line.
... yes... for which I literally said Max should have been penalized some pages ago, so why bring this up in response?
Point being Max rarely races fairly, most of the time just tries to drive thru people, and is hailed as a great racer. That guy is just flat out dirty whenever he feels like it, and no one dares penalize him adequately. He was more to blame for what happened last year.
Again proving that it's definitely 'the Max fans' that can't let it go. Thanks. Let's move on, shall we?
Last edited by DChemTech on 03 Jul 2022, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.

chrisc90

Given what some people comment on here...Max could have sat the race out and they would have still found something to complain about his driving,

Gillian
Gillian

DChemTech wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:51
PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:48
Gillian wrote:

People where hitting each other left and right, but Verstappen was too wild for hitting a curb?

It's not like he was cruising with a 20 seconds lead.

:wtf:
The devil emoticon.. Not sure how it got there! Hand might have slipped.
But no, I thought Max had it in the bag and rode curbs unnecessarily.
According to Max, it wasn't curbs, but driving over a piece of stray carbon that damaged the floor. Once he saw it, he couldn't avoid the piece anymore.
Yup curbs had nothing to do with it. Entire floor was damaged he said afterwards.

renault rs26
renault rs26

PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:07
Clumsy by Ferrari, but at least Sainz broke his duck. Exciting race in the last few laps.

I can't help but feel Ocon should be penalized for "fixing" the race there. He had so much time since the problem to roll into the pits. Probably was trying to help Alonso there.

Latiffi still on zero points after all of that! Crazy races like that don't come around so often; he wont get a chance like this again.
Are you serious about Ocon? :wtf:

Gillian
Gillian

chrisc90 wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:53
Given what some people comment on here...Max could have sat the race out and they would have still found something to complain about his driving,
Staggering isn't it? He is the dirty driver in a race where he barely did anything wrong, y other drivers (including his own teammate!) cut the track, actually hit other cars etc.

chrisc90

Gillian wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:56
chrisc90 wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:53
Staggering isn't it? He is the dirty driver in a race where he barely did anything wrong, y other drivers (including his own teammate!) cut the track, actually hit other cars etc.
George causing a huge crash
Vettel hitting back of Albon sending him into the pit wall
Charles hitting Perez by sending it up the inside

And people still find something to twist about Max. Ridiculous.

Evo2racer
Evo2racer

InsaneX_Badger wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 17:11
Lewis is going to have a lonely race. Possibly can get to Charles but no where near the others.
Damn you were wrong about this !

Roo
Roo

jz11 wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 18:20
Roo wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 18:16
Some ppl thought LH was finished grest driving
it was very clear his heart wasn't in it when the car was way off pace, now that he sees a chance - he is putting the effort in, this is where we will see what George is made of
It was? I’d rather listen to the medics that treated him or listen to the affects the bouncing had on his body.

Yiu blame him, I’m not convinced he was able to push.

ringo

chrisc90 wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:29
ringo wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:25
Hamilton driver of the race for me. Applying the pressure in a slower car.
Perez.. i'm not sure, just had the fastest car and got lucky. I was surprised he did not win the race after the SC. But he should have been penalized for his antics.
What today revealed though..is Leclerc is on 10 different levels to Sainz. And this is why it was wise for Ferrari to give the Sainz the win. Get the monkey off his back, satisfy his self esteem and chip on the shoulder, then let him know he owes them one and he needs to support Leclerc going forward.
Sainz is happy, but today he learned how much faster Charles is. Charles had a broken car and did the time delta in no time while Sainz was struggling to do it to stay ahead. It's chalk and cheese. Leclerc is very impressive. Super talented!

Max.. was very strong and smart up to the accident. But is to miserable and grumpy when things don't go his way.

Hamilton showed why he is the GOAT. I don't think we fully appreciate what took place today in that dog of a car. the W13 was pressuring the strategists of both redbull and ferrari. You don't see any midfield team ever doing that to a front running team. Had Ocon not fixed the race for Alonso, Hamilton may have been able to overtake both Sainz and Leclerc with the hard tyre delta of 10 laps.

Russel showed his inexperience and also his sense of entitlement. He caused that accident because he wanted so badly to be up the front on the first lap. Then he also tried to do politicking to get his car back on the grid. Once the engine cuts out, and the driver cannot start the car, and its on 3 wheels.. Why does he think he deserves to restart?

Anyhow I am not blaming Ferrari. They made the right decisions. Hamilton would have won if they stacked the cars.
Very unlikely given how long it took Charles to get up to speed. Charles dropped 3 places on the hard tyre. Would have been the same for Lewis. Finally a good call from the team to pit him for fresh tyres under the SC.

Had he stayed out, he would have had sainz and Perez on fresh softs at the end. Sitting duck.
I am referring to the SC stop. Mercedes would have also pit lewis and fit softs. Ferarri would have stacked Charles and Sainz and it would have been likely Lewis get ahead of on at the SC. If Lewis had P-2 at the SC restart, I think he would have willed himself into P-1.
I could be wrong as i haven't seen the data, or heard from Ferrari, but i am sure they know whey the didnt pit both at the SC.
For Sure!!

Watto
Watto

alexx_88 wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:20
Watto wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:09
214270 wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:00
This is why I hate Chandhok sometimes. He has the sky pad on slo-motion trying to pretend Ferrari had enough time to react for LEC. It was v marginal for LEC, let alone having the time to double-stack, it would’ve been chaos.
I think they had enough time to make the call if they were switch on. Merc and RB in their prime make split second call with incidences like that is seems like too often Ferarri are caught out with things like that.
With all the Ferrari strategy blunders I don't thin it's the fault of one man. I think it's a missing component in their strategy toolbox. The other top teams have simulation software running all the time, in anticipation of scenarios like this. So it's one glance and the strategist knows the most likely outcome.

Ferrari almost seem to react like there's one person doing the calculations and making the decision.

Thats fair too it just seems something they too constantly blunder. I think they had to make the call pretty quick for Charles but i think other teams would have prepared if a SC or VSC comes beteen laps X and X we will pit. I get being the lead car always has its disadvantage in that respect. But there was too racing left to leave him out against others on softs. They were good a few weeks ago with Sainz who I think played it perfectly. Oddly iirc too that was at some persistence of Sainz, Charles did have pretty good pace todat though I don't think he was massively faster either but enough that all things being even he would have beaten Sainz today comfortably enough but thats racing..

InsaneX_Badger

Evo2racer wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 20:00
InsaneX_Badger wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 17:11
Lewis is going to have a lonely race. Possibly can get to Charles but no where near the others.
Damn you were wrong about this !
Definitely! And I couldn't be happier 😁

Mamba
Mamba

"Fernando is faster than you" is still haunting Ferrari. It was an issue in Hockenheim 2018 and again a couple of times in the Seb/Leclerc era. And again today! It was very clear in the early stages that Charles was faster and it still took them ages to swap the cars around. With the pace that Leclerc showed it is not unreasonable to think he could have built a big enough gap to allow for a double stack during the safety car pit sequence. And even without that hindsight swapping them earlier allows him to build a bigger gap and protect against a charging Hamilton. Ferrari are losing this championship even more than their reliability is costing them at this rate...
Last edited by Mamba on 03 Jul 2022, 20:09, edited 2 times in total.

Schuttelberg

Even for Ferrari.. that was unbelievable!

Really really feel for Charlie!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

f1jcw
f1jcw

Mamba wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 20:05
I see the Hammy and Max fan clubs are at it again... Max finnished P7 and still he is the centre of discussion? Free real-estate in people's minds...
What strange logic is this, so if Max dangerously pushes another driver off the track we should make no comment on it? We need to stay quiet for some reason? Why?