Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Zynerji

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

PlatinumZealot wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 17:15
Change the topic to 2022 silly season please.

Oh and btw Daniel Ricciardo will be at Williams.
Confirmed?

AR3-GP

PlatinumZealot wrote:

“The reality is now that I won’t be on the grid in 2023, it’s now just [a case of] trying to set up for 2024.
- Daniel Ricciardo

https://www.planetf1.com/news/daniel-ri ... 2023-seat/

JordanMugen

Darth-Piekus wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 16:05
I respect Ricciardo for what he managed in the past and I respect you like him as a driver but in Mclaren he was not able to perform. Simple as it is. Nobody wants him at the moment because he is not at the level he used to be. Let's stop the excuses. It's best for him to take a break off F1 for a year and come back stronger in 2024.
Ricciardo has at least $10m in his pocket from McLaren to go and buy a seat at HAAS or Williams and prove his excellence by consistently beating Magnussen or Albon by 0.5 s/lap but it doesn't seem Ricciardo wants to do so...

Maybe there is a bit of an 'ego' issue with Ricciardo? "Why should I be a paydriver at a low-end team?" Yet comprehensively outperforming Magnussen or Albon would almost certainly be the best way for Ricciardo to re-establish himself as a top-tier driver IMO.

Big Tea

JordanMugen wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 18:00
Darth-Piekus wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 16:05
I respect Ricciardo for what he managed in the past and I respect you like him as a driver but in Mclaren he was not able to perform. Simple as it is. Nobody wants him at the moment because he is not at the level he used to be. Let's stop the excuses. It's best for him to take a break off F1 for a year and come back stronger in 2024.
Ricciardo has at least $10m in his pocket from McLaren to go and buy a seat at HAAS or Williams and prove his excellence by consistently beating Magnussen or Albon by 0.5 s/lap but it doesn't seem Ricciardo wants to do so...

Maybe there is a bit of an 'ego' issue with Ricciardo? "Why should I be a paydriver at a low-end team?" Yet comprehensively outperforming Magnussen or Albon would almost certainly be the best way for Ricciardo to re-establish himself as a top-tier driver IMO.
Most 'pay drivers' don't actually pay for the seat themselves, they get a sponsor to pay. This is of corse not including ~Stroll and Maz
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PlatinumZealot

Zynerji wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 17:16
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Confirmed?
This is the silly season thread so speculation is fact until proven otherwise! haha
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

codetower

PlatinumZealot wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 15:49
Zynerji wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 03:51
PlatinumZealot wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 03:29

SV is washed up. If he returns it will be for a backmarker or emergency back-up.

I don't even think SV likes F1 anymore.
I think SV comes back as a Team Principle like Prost and Berger. He has the leadership and technical knowledge to do well.
Sorry to divert but the correct word is "Prinicipal."

The other word Principle is related but it refers to a "belief, rule or law or the essense of something."

Check out the differences in how there are used. I know it's language barrier and all, that but it's a commonly misspelled word in F1 forums and it sorta gets to me.
Are we getting on grammar now in this forum? :wink:

Zynerji

PlatinumZealot wrote:

For some reason, I have no ability to edit the original post...

PlatinumZealot

codetower wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 21:02
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Zynerji wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 03:51

I think SV comes back as a Team Principle like Prost and Berger. He has the leadership and technical knowledge to do well.

The other word Principle is related but it refers to a "belief, rule or law or the essense of something."

Check out the differences in how there are used. I know it's language barrier and all, that but it's a commonly misspelled word in F1 forums and it sorta gets to me.
Don't get me wrong, I am not great at spelling or grammar. Far from it in fact. But I see the word principle used for principal so much on the different F1 forums that I figure many non-native English speakers may genuinely don't know what the correct word is.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

Back on topic. I think Williams is a fair prospect for Daniel? It's a low hanging fruit if he goes there and dominate Alex don't you think?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Zynerji

PlatinumZealot wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 21:58
Back on topic. I think Williams is a fair prospect for Daniel? It's a low hanging fruit if he goes there and dominate Alex don't you think?
I think Williams pick up a young driver to utilize Alex as a mentor. Logan Sargeant seems in focus right now...

No offense, but Daniel is going to be an "also ran". Maybe he picks up an Australian commentary gig.

chrisc90

PlatinumZealot wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 21:55
codetower wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I am not great at spelling or grammar. Far from it in fact. But I see the word principle used for principal so much on the different F1 forums that I figure many non-native English speakers may genuinely don't know what the correct word is.

Sorry I just had to!

Anyhow, back to topic.....I really dont think that theres going to be a seat for Danny this year. I believe there's a seat at Williams and Haas spare. Sure Mick doesnt have a seat yet.

Im not even sure who is rumoured to be wanting to join those 2 teams, but I think we have the following so far....

Mercedes
Hamilton/Russell

Red Bull
Verstappen/Sergio Perez

Ferrari
Leclerc/Sainz

McLaren
Norris/ Piastri

Alpine
Ocon/Gasly

AlphaTauri
Tsunoda/Nyck de Vries

Aston Martin
Alonso/Stroll

Alfa Romeo
Bottas/Zhou

Williams
Albon/TBC

Haas
Magnussen/TBC

Danny Ric and Schumacher without a seat.

It'll be sad not to see Mick compete, Nice to have the Schumacher name in F1 and I think he's learning well considering.

Zynerji

chrisc90 wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 22:14
PlatinumZealot wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 21:55
codetower wrote:

Sorry I just had to!

Anyhow, back to topic.....I really dont think that theres going to be a seat for Danny this year. I believe there's a seat at Williams and Haas spare. Sure Mick doesnt have a seat yet.

Im not even sure who is rumoured to be wanting to join those 2 teams, but I think we have the following so far....

Mercedes
Hamilton/Russell

Red Bull
Verstappen/Sergio Perez

Ferrari
Leclerc/Sainz

McLaren
Norris/ Piastri

Alpine
Ocon/Gasly

AlphaTauri
Tsunoda/Nyck de Vries

Aston Martin
Alonso/Stroll

Alfa Romeo
Bottas/Zhou

Williams
Albon/TBC

Haas
Magnussen/TBC

Danny Ric and Schumacher without a seat.

It'll be sad not to see Mick compete, Nice to have the Schumacher name in F1 and I think he's learning well considering.
Driving in a better team with better leadership could have done wonders for Mick. I hope he goes to Williams for 2023.

djos

PlatinumZealot wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 21:58
I think a year in the Williams would be good for him. Albon has shown their car is actually decent.
"In downforce we trust"

chrisc90

Danny has confirmed to Ted Kravitz that he wont be racing in 2023.

djos

chrisc90 wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 12:22
Danny has confirmed to Ted Kravitz that he wont be racing in 2023.
😩😩😩
"In downforce we trust"