Red Bull RB8 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault (pre-launch speculation)

medeni73

Re: Red Bull RB8-Renault

Pierce89

Nose as bad as the Ferrari
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Peetbeat

It would be very nice if someone tells us the difference. What about the front wing? is it the rb7 or rb8 http://www.f1today.nl/foto.php?file=19211

raymondu999

The front wing has really moved forwards relative to its supports.

Is that a vent?
Peetbeat wrote:It would be very nice if someone tells us the difference. What about the front wing? is it the rb7 or rb8 http://www.f1today.nl/foto.php?file=19211
THat's a photo from 2011 for sure. I didn't realize it until you asked about the front wing - The front wing hasn't got the secondary "r-shaped" cascade yet in that photo.
Last edited by raymondu999 on 06 Feb 2012, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

gandharva

Redragon wrote:Where are the exhauts?

myurr

Giblet wrote:
myurr wrote:Is it me or is the car running less rake than in previous years?
They were able to run more rake because of the EBD. This is in the Newey questionaire above.
Which is interesting as McLaren look like they've got a more heavily raked car this year - at least equal to last years car. Will be interesting to see who's got their sum right.

Moanlower

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Image
Looks like a fancy wickerbill.
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

myurr

raymondu999 wrote:The front wing has really moved forwards relative to its supports.

Is that a vent?
Peetbeat wrote:It would be very nice if someone tells us the difference. What about the front wing? is it the rb7 or rb8 http://www.f1today.nl/foto.php?file=19211
THat's a photo from 2011 for sure. I didn't realize it until you asked about the front wing - The front wing hasn't got the secondary "r-shaped" cascade yet in that photo.
According to scarbs on twitter they used to have a vent under the nose and now have this vent instead. Could be running positive pressure in the cockpit.

raymondu999

Last year's McLaren wasn't using the exhaust as a skirt yet - so the the 2011 launch photos wouldn't have had the McLaren running that much rake... yet.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ben_watkins

The bib/tea tray looks amazing from the drawing... any photos of it in detail?
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

Giblet

Do a ctrl-f and type 'you know'.

Seb has a new goto phrase. 15 times in one interview.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Gerhard Berger

Shakeman wrote:I can't quite believe what I'm seeing.

Well it's a fight between Ferrari and RB for the ugly duckling award.

The rear end looks nice but we can't rely on an RB production showing us a good view of the back end.

Exhausts in RB6 position.
Do you mean RB5?

RB6 had exhausts blowing the diffusor.

Newey says the biggest problem was not being able to run a (relatively) high rear ride height because of the ban on the EBD.

piast9

That hole in the step of the nose is too big for just the driver cooling. In my opinion they may feed the air from there to the back of the car to cool KERS, oil or whatever they need. That would allow to make sidepod openings smaller.

Or they may place the system that needs cooling at the front but I doubt that. That system would have to be placed quite high.

raymondu999

ben_watkins wrote:The bib/tea tray looks amazing from the drawing... any photos of it in detail?
It looks like it at a glance; but that is actually the under nose vane; which due to parallax appears directly on the bib. It's actually the vane thing that's under the nose.
Giblet wrote:Do a ctrl-f and type 'you know'.

Seb has a new goto phrase. 15 times in one interview.
Dear God!! :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法