Red Bull RB8 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Nando

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Different tire pressures, one could be on throttle, the other partial, can be different line etc.

I can´t see any difference in the sidewall flex and i doubt you could find any sort of information from two random pictures despite them being taken the same corner with the car at relatively the same area.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Huntresa

amc wrote:
n smikle wrote:Last year I deciphered the Mclaren fan tail exhaust first in March 2011 on this website... Then one month later my interpretation was on Scarbs... Then ONE year later, Mclaren released the official name of the exhaust as "fan tail" and an explanation of how it works.
So when 'you' identified something your mysterious source who has been telling you about McLaren high noses disappears... :D

Couple of things here: Firstly, it looks like the Red Bull now has plenty of rear grip - at least compared to the Mclaren - based on the rear tyre deflection. But maybe it's the angle of the pictures that causes this. Both pictures were taken at the first apex of Club, I think.
And what is the little winglet between the wing mirror and the sidepod fins on the RB8, as it is only on the right of the car? It's very small so probably doesn't affect much, but it wouldn't be there if it didn't serve a purpose. Other photos prove it is probably 40-50mm long which doesn't come out on this photo.
Photos copyright Sutton Images.
I think that little pin or winglet w/e is attacked to a lid right there, ive seen on tv when they film the car and then you see the outlines of a lid.

Edit: You even see it in the pic.

PlatinumZealot

It's the radio antenna. You can see it on the force india too.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Huntresa

n smikle wrote:It's the radio antenna. You can see it on the force india too.
Isnt the radio antenna the thing sticking out in the middle of the tub right infront of the driver?

Owen.C93

I have seen a picture of it before. It definitely has some electronics going into it and isn't just a little aero device.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

aral

Owen.C93 wrote:I have seen a picture of it before. It definitely has some electronics going into it and isn't just a little aero device.
Oh, for goodness sake! It is Seb's MP3 docking position. It is placed there to allow the mechanics change his play list. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pierce89

Huntresa wrote:
Isnt the radio antenna the thing sticking out in the middle of the tub right infront of the driver?
That's a pitot tube. It tells airspeed.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Owen.C93

Pierce89 wrote:
Huntresa wrote:
That's a pitot tube. It tells airspeed.
Directly in front of the driver.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

raymondu999

The aerial is also there. There's a pitot tube and an aerial.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

techF1LES

Matt Somers

Fantastic picture Mario
Catch me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SomersF1 or the blog http://www.SomersF1.co.uk
I tweet tech images for Sutton Images

PlatinumZealot

A tunnel in a wing.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

f1316

Nice article, even if it's just for the pictures!

http://i49.tinypic.com/fn8gbd.png

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

zztopless

Any ideas as to what the 'hose-like-object' coming out of the exhaust running back towards the front of the car (in parallel with their Helmholz exhaust chamber)?