Red Bull RB8 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
NathanOlder

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Very interesting, I just hope if there is a penalty, its implied before the race, so we all know the results will be given. There is nothing worse than guys on the podium and not knowing if it will count, or if webber or Vettel are involed in accidents at the start and take out other drivers they shouldnt be starting next to.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

alogoc

myurr wrote:
alogoc wrote:i am happy to announce that Adrian Newey cheating philosophy is coming to an end!

https://twitter.com/F1Kate/status/22695 ... to/1/large
Let's see if they're actually punished. If that decision is upheld by the stewards then the cars will be disqualified from qualifying, like Hamilton was when he ran out of fuel which was a breach of the technical rules, and thus will only be allowed to race at the stewards discretion.

Personally I think that the powers that be will let them off and they'll just be forced to change the map for the next race. The FIA seem to be particularly harsh on accidental infringements, on the off chance it was deliberate, but seem to work with the teams when they've been deliberately cheating.
usually that was the case yes!
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

alogoc

Adam Cooper @ adamcooperf1
#F1 Red Bull under investigation by the FIA for what is basically illegal off throttle blowing of the diffuser
Retweeted by Craig Scarborough

According to @ ScarbsF1 if would effect 'blown diffuser'
THE F2012!

Huntresa

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:Its a huge news.. I wonder if both car will be allowed to race. Its a sort of traction control... And its just speculation by me, but I think Lotus had perhaps the same engine map. At the start of the season, Jean Francois Caubet, the boss of Renault Sport, said Red Bull have found a way, with the engine map to recover most of the downforce that they had last year. I'm on my blackberry, if someone could found the link..

They banned that mapping early in winter testing.

alogoc

They will get away whit it again!

Oskari Saari @ OskariSaari
According to an anonymous technical expert case Red Bull sounds like a human error, mistake.
Retweeted by FA
THE F2012!

Robbobnob

yea but it takes more than the ability to trace pictures in illustrator to be able to draw a conclusion as to what RBR are trying to achieve.

That being said, RBR have been very good intraction events this season (Monaco, Baharain wins atest to this) could this be linked to their secret? Perhaps this is their wet weather engine map? Allowing greater torque control when it is required. Without specifically knowing how the torque demand is reduced mechanically in the engine, drawing a conclusion that this throttle map is primarily for exhaust blowing benefit is a bit crass at best.
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

Bomber_Pilot

alogoc wrote:They will get away whit it again!

According to an anonymous technical expert case Red Bull sounds like a human error, mistake.
Retweeted by FA
IIRC it was also human error when Hamilton ran out of fuel in qualifying ...

alogoc

Bomber_Pilot wrote:

Retweeted by FA

i dont believe it human error! it's NEWEY!
THE F2012!

Huntresa

Isnt it always a human error until you can prove its been done several times with the knowledge of it being illegal ?

NonNewtonic

Bomber_Pilot wrote:

Retweeted by FA
Totally agreed! The FIA do not care whether its human error or some technical gimmick the truth is both car qualified with a engine map which does not imply with the rules

alogoc

If it has something to do whit the exhaust resonator chamber it could effect Ferrari as well!????
THE F2012!

beelsebob

alogoc wrote:If it has something to do whit the exhaust resonator chamber it could effect Ferrari as well!????
It doesn't – it has to do only with the engine map.

NonNewtonic

what i think is that during the mid range rpm the engine map will provide less maximum torque so drivers need to apply more throttle which will result in more exhaust gases produced which will enhance their blowing diffuser and provide more downforce in slower corners

beelsebob

NonNewtonic wrote:what i think is that during the mid range rpm the engine map will provide less maximum torque so drivers need to apply more throttle which will result in more exhaust gases produced which will enhance their blowing diffuser and provide more downforce in slower corners
That's certainly what the document says, yes, well read.

alogoc

Horner: “I’m not aware of any irregularities, and the result was declared after qualifying.”
THE F2012!