Red Bull RB8 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Red Bull changed the RB8's engine mapping during the Brazilian GP to try and keep the exhaust as cool as possible to try and prevent the exhaust pipe from breaking and catching the car on fire.

Via AutoSport

dan
dan

Nando wrote:I´d agree with that, basically at Valencia they got 99% of the puzzle done.
DDRS was the final piece to make it a very competitive package, on all types of circuits.
yea once they had sorted the tunnel / exhaust etc and probly figured out the tires i think the DDRS allowed them to get to the front in quali
and from there vettel could do his 2011 usual and check out

Huntresa

Nando wrote:I´d agree with that, basically at Valencia they got 99% of the puzzle done.
DDRS was the final piece to make it a very competitive package, on all types of circuits.
But didnt they bring updates for the exhaust and tunnel in singapore where they also brought the DDRS? Such as the tunnel not being 2 channels anymore.

CHT
CHT

Just curious is it possible to actually run to different fuel mix and valve setting for left and right side of the V8 cylinders

Nando

Huntresa wrote: But didnt they bring updates for the exhaust and tunnel in singapore where they also brought the DDRS? Such as the tunnel not being 2 channels anymore.
Hmm i thought the merged tunnel came in Abu Dhabi?
Exhaust? What changes are you thinking about?
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Nando

Found the two versions of it before they removed the tunnel wall,

So they merged the tunnels in India but kept the wall so it was still two channels only that they sat next to each other.

Crucial_Xtreme

Gary Anderson's Analysis of RB's latest FW iteration

Via AutoSport

timbo

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Gary Anderson's Analysis of RB's latest FW iteration
I just LOVE the final passage.
Typical Anderson's style!

raymondu999

It is a bit of an oxymoron :lol:

"This is what it does. But the data doesn't prove that, so I could be wrong."
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

siskue2005

CHT wrote:Just curious is it possible to actually run to different fuel mix and valve setting for left and right side of the V8 cylinders
I think that is illegal

siskue2005

raymondu999 wrote:It is a bit of an oxymoron :lol:
indeed it is, how many times have we seen people go faster even while missing some important bits from their cars :lol:

raymondu999

The most "wtf of which was Barcelona 2010. No one was matching the Red Bulls in early race pace. Felipe knocked his front right endplate and had his cascade then angled downwards rather than horizontal. Felipe then started matching the Red Bull laptimes :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ell66

raymondu999 wrote:The most "wtf of which was Barcelona 2010. No one was matching the Red Bulls in early race pace. Felipe knocked his front right endplate and had his cascade then angled downwards rather than horizontal. Felipe then started matching the Red Bull laptimes :lol:
No he did'nt not even close, he just started setting personal bests lol....

AlpineF1

Amazing how the championship stood on a knife edge for the whole race. :wtf:
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

Nando

ell66 wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:The most "wtf of which was Barcelona 2010. No one was matching the Red Bulls in early race pace. Felipe knocked his front right endplate and had his cascade then angled downwards rather than horizontal. Felipe then started matching the Red Bull laptimes :lol:
No he did'nt not even close, he just started setting personal bests lol....
Remember that haha, Rob Smedley (straight from Snatch or lock stock & two smoking barrells) is awesome :)