Red Bull RB8 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
hardingfv32

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

DaveKillens wrote:Red Bull for that period of time, they attempted to use the size of the wheel spoke openings to regulate temperatures?
I had considered that a possibility but did not think the openings near the center were up to the task. Maybe that is an incorrect assumption.

I can see where one could might consider the manner in which the mounting surface of the wheel is machined as not being controlled by the rules.

Brian

raymondu999

From the latest edition of Autosport magazine:
There was another crucial regulation clarification behind the scenes on the eve of the season that further foiled the plans of Adrian Newey and his design team. The dimensional cone, aft of the exhaust, prescribing where no bodywork was permitted, extended as far as the rear-wheel centre line. Red Bull interpreted this as allowing ducts behind that point that would capture the exhaust flow and re-direct it to the exact point around the diffuser it was needed. The RB8 was conceived around this feature – which simulation had shown would have been highly effective in clawing back a big chunk of the 2011-style exhaust’s aero benefit. The FIA outlawed it a month before the car was due to appear.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Jackles-UK

Mid-way through the season I did actually wonder whether this sort of system could be introduced. In my head I envisaged attaching some sort of duct similar to that the Nissan NSX Super GT 'snorkel intake' to the edges of the brake ducts to route exhaust gases directly to the floor. Clearly I wasn't the only one!

Great minds think alike obviously :lol:

raymondu999

It was already clarified by mid-season though :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Crucial_Xtreme

AutoSport's Season Review of the RB8

techF1LES

Some of the Red Bull RB8 details for those who can speak Japanese...

Source: F1 Sokuho

CottrellGP

If anyone is interested i have some close up pics of the RB8 from the Autosport show, and a shot of inside the tunnel on sidepods, if you would like me to share then just let me know. Im not gonna upload them now because i know there from an earlier spec car and maybe useless.
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

wesley123

Why wouldnt you upload them?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Neno

CottrellGP wrote:If anyone is interested i have some close up pics of the RB8 from the Autosport show, and a shot of inside the tunnel on sidepods, if you would like me to share then just let me know. Im not gonna upload them now because i know there from an earlier spec car and maybe useless.
dont troll, if you have something to show, show. if you dont, dont post anything. You wont get nothing for collecting unnecessary post, it's not that is some reward in it.

RB7ate9

CottrellGP wrote:If anyone is interested i have some close up pics of the RB8 from the Autosport show, and a shot of inside the tunnel on sidepods, if you would like me to share then just let me know. Im not gonna upload them now because i know there from an earlier spec car and maybe useless.
Go ahead. Old spec or no, folks are most likely going to at least recognize which spec it was and then trace it back to the race(s) it was used in and try to get a better understanding behind the pace of the RB8 at those GPs. This would be particularly nice for the early part of the season when new RB8 specs were being rolled out nearly every other race weekend (and sometimes fresh from race to race).

Upload them however you wish. If they're hi-res and many, I would suggest just linking to the album itself rather than posting each photo, individually.

Hail22

Found this on Autoevolutions blog site posted today:

Looks to be the RB8 with the modesty nose fairings and before anyone starts going omg shark fin yadda ya, do we all remember when MSC and Mercedes were testing on behalf of the FIA a driver/Country display fin?

This would create less confusion for the "casual" fan to identify their favoured driver(s).
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

djos

Hail22 wrote:Found this on Autoevolutions blog site posted today:

Looks to be the RB8 with the modesty nose fairings and before anyone starts going omg shark fin yadda ya, do we all remember when MSC and Mercedes were testing on behalf of the FIA a driver/Country display fin?

That's the RB7 Launch Car!

http://www.ausmotive.com/2011/02/01/red ... 1-car.html
Last edited by Richard on 18 Jan 2013, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image quoted from earlier post
"In downforce we trust"

irang

http://s1.aecdn.com/images/news/red-bul ... 3883-7.jpg

http://mercamgf1-fans.com/wp-content/up ... rkfin7.jpg

This would create less confusion for the "casual" fan to identify their favoured driver(s).
How kind of you to let us know! :wink:

turbof1

Nothing tells me this is the new car. Like pointed out, it is the RB7. Same sidepods, same sharkfin, completely identical nosecone. Infact a quick search on google shows studio foto's of the RB7 completely the same as the one you posted: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/02/01/r ... b7_studio/
#AeroFrodo

timbo

turbof1 wrote:

Nothing tells me this is the new car. Like pointed out, it is the RB7. Same sidepods, same sharkfin, completely identical nosecone.
Most importantly, no Infinity logos=)