Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alexgtt

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

Me too. Lets hope they take a look around and see the big picture.

ME4ME

Ricciardo:
Ferrari have the opportunity to make a good step. They underperformed last year but there is probably no real strong signs [to suggest] they will gain a second, whereas McLaren could gain that second if everything gels with Honda.
After seeing the pictures of the car I got to agree with him. Ferrari probably have made good progress, but I can't see them being up there with the quickest teams. Mclaren and Redbull will probably make a much bigger step forwards, and Williams and Mercedes were already very much ahead of them anyways. I expect Ferrari to be fighting Lotus initially.

Vasconia

ME4ME wrote:Ricciardo:
Ferrari have the opportunity to make a good step. They underperformed last year but there is probably no real strong signs [to suggest] they will gain a second, whereas McLaren could gain that second if everything gels with Honda.
After seeing the pictures of the car I got to agree with him. Ferrari probably have made good progress, but I can't see them being up there with the quickest teams. Mclaren and Redbull will probably make a much bigger step forwards, and Williams and Mercedes were already very much ahead of them anyways. I expect Ferrari to be fighting Lotus initially.
I dont know why RB could make a bigger step forward than Ferrari. Its not easy to improve RB´s chasis because it was great and Renault will improve its engine, but Ferrari will do the same.

And Ferrari has a greater room to improve their underwhelmming chasis of the last season. I am not saying that they will be faster than RB but everything suggests, if they do a good job, that they should reduce the gap.

I gree that Mclaren has the biggest room to improve if things are welldone.

ME4ME

From Autosport:
"We find the car, the car was ready December of [last] year, and we apply certain modifications that in our opinion, are quite interesting.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117516

While Redbull use all the time they have to improve, Ferrari seems to do the opposite, having the car ready december 2014, and then do some modifications until the first test. Personally I think Ferrari's way is much safer, but with potentially lower results.

siskue2005

Image :lol:

mika vs michael

Ferrari laptimes I think it's more PR related because of the quadruple WC arriving there and because they want a hype and buzz to surround the team.
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

giantfan10

mika vs michael wrote:Ferrari laptimes I think it's more PR related because of the quadruple WC arriving there and because they want a hype and buzz to surround the team.
they run slow its because they stink and cant design a car.. they run fast and they are running low fuel and trying to impress....
i dont care what fuel level they are running... the car is faster than the F14T at this point last season and thats all anyone can ask for or expect at this point in the season.

per skye sports the rest of the teams are taking notice of ferraris pace and per ted a couple said that is a very impressive time regardless of fuel level or engine setting

Kiril Varbanov

Vasconia

Kiril Varbanov wrote:Vettel's life in Ferrari - http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/02/f ... -business/
Its clear that Sebastian is totally focused, he nows that if he achieves good results with Ferrari, all the doubts around him will disappear.

FoxHound

Vasconia wrote:
Kiril Varbanov wrote:Vettel's life in Ferrari - http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/02/f ... -business/
Its clear that Sebastian is totally focused, he nows that if he achieves good results with Ferrari, all the doubts around him will disappear.

You mean 2014 and Daniel Ricciardo will dissappear?
JET set

raymondu999

FoxHound wrote:
Vasconia wrote:

Yes, in a lot of people's minds. It will not "disappear" - more along the lines of "written off" or "disregarded as an off year"
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Raleigh

Vettel needs to beat Raikkonen at the minimum. Coming off the back of being badly beaten by Ricciardo, Vettel simply has to beat the driver who was comprehensively outdriven by Alonso last year, or 4 titles for nothing, he will also be the guy who won because of his car.

I know, not quite as simple as that, last year was something of an off-year for both Vettel and Raikkonen, the new regs suited neither of them really and Kimi has an extra year driving for Ferrari (not counting the distant past), but for the sake of Vettel's legacy he will have to do it.
Last edited by Raleigh on 04 Feb 2015, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.

Jonnycraig

FoxHound wrote:
Vasconia wrote:

Yes, it will become an Alonso 2007 & Hamilton 2011.

Vasconia

Raleigh wrote:Vettel needs to beat Raikkonen at the minimum. Coming off the back of being badly beaten by Ricciardo, Vettel simply has to beat the driver who was comprehensively outdriven by Alonso last year, or 4 titles for nothing, he will also be the guy who won because of his car.

I know, not quite as simple as that, last year was something of an off-year for both Vettel and Raikkonen, the new regs suited neither of them really and Kimi has an extra year driving for Ferrari (not counting the distant past), but for the sake of Vettel's legacy he will have to do it.
Ok, he needs to beat Kimi, I agree. But we cant start comparing Alonso-KIMI gaps of the last season and this new one. I am absolutely sure that Kimi will be more competitive. Only Alonso fanatics are saying that if Vettel doesnt beat Kimi by the same margin it will be demonstrated that Alonso is clearly better and that Vettel is a fake. :roll:

Rhodium

good lap for Kimi.

i think, this year, the power unit Ferrari is really better than last year.
Sauber have a good pace too.

i'm happy for Kimi, for his last season, i hope he have a good car...