Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
nokivasara

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

Raleigh wrote:Vettel needs to beat Raikkonen at the minimum. Coming off the back of being badly beaten by Ricciardo, Vettel simply has to beat the driver who was comprehensively outdriven by Alonso last year, or 4 titles for nothing, he will also be the guy who won because of his car.

I know, not quite as simple as that, last year was something of an off-year for both Vettel and Raikkonen, the new regs suited neither of them really and Kimi has an extra year driving for Ferrari (not counting the distant past), but for the sake of Vettel's legacy he will have to do it.
I think results in racing has a lot to do with timing and luck, they are all talented enough but one needs to be in the right car and have a bit of luck to become a WDC.
Kimi has only one WDC title but looking at his early years he could have had a few more. He was up against MSC and within striking distance of the title but didn't make it until 2007.
Alonso only has 2 but could have a few more, Vettel has 4 and that's as many as he possibly could have got so far. My point is that of course he is a good driver, no one can take his titles away from him, no matter how the rest of his career turns out.
I just hope we'll see some good, clean racing between Seb and Kimi!

donskar

nokivasara wrote:
Raleigh wrote:Vettel needs to beat Raikkonen at the minimum. Coming off the back of being badly beaten by Ricciardo, Vettel simply has to beat the driver who was comprehensively outdriven by Alonso last year, or 4 titles for nothing, he will also be the guy who won because of his car.

I know, not quite as simple as that, last year was something of an off-year for both Vettel and Raikkonen, the new regs suited neither of them really and Kimi has an extra year driving for Ferrari (not counting the distant past), but for the sake of Vettel's legacy he will have to do it.
I think results in racing has a lot to do with timing and luck, they are all talented enough but one needs to be in the right car and have a bit of luck to become a WDC.
Kimi has only one WDC title but looking at his early years he could have had a few more. He was up against MSC and within striking distance of the title but didn't make it until 2007.
Alonso only has 2 but could have a few more, Vettel has 4 and that's as many as he possibly could have got so far. My point is that of course he is a good driver, no one can take his titles away from him, no matter how the rest of his career turns out.
I just hope we'll see some good, clean racing between Seb and Kimi!
That is a fine well-reasoned post.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Pierce89

windwaves wrote:it is simpler than that.

The car performed like crappy crap all year, in fact starting with pre season testing. So, what do you do then ? try and ascertain the causes. It could be aero not working and/or PU not working and/or various other things. In the case of the F14T what has been said all season long and now clarified by Allison once and for all is that the car, that thing was a disaster in all areas. I was just putting this issue to bed as in another discussion some insisted that it was really the PU only that was the problem. Very simple indeed.

Hence....good luck 2015 ....
Noone ever claimed the the f14t's problems were solely restricted to the PU. Some simply made the point that to score multiple podiums with the weakest PU on the grid, the chassis and aero must not have been totally worthless, as you claimed they were. Furthermore, Allison's quotes do not validate your argument in any way. Was Allison gonna say "I didn't improve the chassis even though that's what I'm paid to do." ?
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Rhodium

i can make a mistake, but Allison come to Maranello in september 2013.
at this moment, the F14T was on the way since long time ago.

a car was thinking completly in july or august, Allison can't change anything in this short time, in my opinion.

2015 car is the first car he can assume the drawing.

think about this: Newey had drawed MP4-20 (and MP4-21 but without his brain for adjust the upgrade)... but, in 2006, when he come to RedBull, he had no time for thinking the 2007 car, and she was a bad car (24pts)... ok, 2008 car is not better...

the user

Rhodium wrote:i can make a mistake, but Allison come to Maranello in september 2013.
at this moment, the F14T was on the way since long time ago.

a car was thinking completly in july or august, Allison can't change anything in this short time, in my opinion.

2015 car is the first car he can assume the drawing.

think about this: Newey had drawed MP4-20 (and MP4-21 but without his brain for adjust the upgrade)... but, in 2006, when he come to RedBull, he had no time for thinking the 2007 car, and she was a bad car (24pts)... ok, 2008 car is not better...
Weren't the 2008 Red Bull and Torro Rosso cars basically the same chassis only with different engines? And the 2008 Torro Rosso is a race winner (Monza) with the more powerful Ferrari V8.

raymondu999

the user wrote:Weren't the 2008 Red Bull and Torro Rosso cars basically the same chassis only with different engines? And the 2008 Torro Rosso is a race winner (Monza) with the more powerful Ferrari V8.
Yep. The 2008 cars were identical, although if I remember correctly, they staggered the updates so that the STR was always one update package behind the RBR.

Do note though that back then, Ferrari reportedly had their powerful engine, and the "long life, less performance" engines for their customers. I remember someone saying something about the Ferrari customer engine only ever winning in Toro Rosso
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

burnio7007

Dr. Helmut Marko says Vettel “is back to his old self”

Dr. Marko has said that Sebastian Vettel “is back to his old self”, while some believe that his switching to Ferrari was like a “miracle cure”. But, can he lead Maranello team to be succeeded again?

I hope so. I would like to see Ferrari winning again.

http://autoronaldo.com/formula-1-marko- ... -old-self/

Henne

Re: Dr. Helmut Marko says Vettel “is back to his old self”

burnio7007 wrote:http://autoronaldo.com/wp-content/uploa ... AEx3Z4.jpg
Dr. Marko has said that Sebastian Vettel “is back to his old self”, while some believe that his switching to Ferrari was like a “miracle cure”. But, can he lead Maranello team to be succeeded again?

I hope so. I would like to see Ferrari winning again.

http://autoronaldo.com/formula-1-marko- ... -old-self/
The more competitive teams the better! Let's hope Vettel and Raikkönen can change enough over the year to get back on it and challenge the Mercs and other top cars!

burnio7007

Vettel speeding up the Ferrari FXX K at Fiorano

Ferrari has released a new video on the Internet showing Sebastian Vettel speeding up its new Ferrari FXX k at the Fiorano Circuit, and this was his reaction: “Mamma mia! It goes like a rocket!”

http://autoronaldo.com/expensive-cars-w ... k-fiorano/

Harsha

Ferrari showed concept car pics on their new website today. Might be their prototype for 2017 rules
Front
Rear

raymondu999

That just looks sick. Though from the back looks maybe more like LeMans.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

max_speed

burnio7007 wrote:Vettel speeding up the Ferrari FXX K at Fiorano

http://autoronaldo.com/wp-content/uploa ... 889353.jpg

Ferrari has released a new video on the Internet showing Sebastian Vettel speeding up its new Ferrari FXX k at the Fiorano Circuit, and this was his reaction: “Mamma mia! It goes like a rocket!”

http://autoronaldo.com/expensive-cars-w ... k-fiorano/
for kind information , this was developed using alonso's feedback , i hope vettel realised how good alonso is and mamma mia is just an acknowledgement. :)

Silent Storm

max_speed wrote:
for kind information , this was developed using alonso's feedback , i hope vettel realised how good alonso is and mamma mia is just an acknowledgement. :)
Source?? It could have been developed using Kimi's feedback or some other test driver.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

Jonnycraig

On a slightly related note, L'Equipe report that Vergne was offered a seat at the LM24 with Porsche driving alongside Hulkenberg & Bamber, but Ferrari would not release him for the event.

F1NAC

What will he do at Ferrari? Use simulator? I didn't see him at presentation of SF15T