Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ChrisF1

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

I think I saw a headline where Kimi was blaming the clutch?

Kiril Varbanov

SM: We have a completely redesigned engine for 2016: http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/136 ... marchionne

AnthonyG

ChrisF1 wrote:I think I saw a headline where Kimi was blaming the clutch?
Autosport wrote that, but there is no real confirmation so far of the real reason. Human error or mechanical.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

Schuttelberg

Not the first time a Ferrari boss has made BIG claims about an upcoming season. Ferrari have made progress in 2015, but they were so far back that 2nd is the best they can hope for. Mercedes won't stand still for 2016 either and it's impossible and impractical to have talks of a championship challenge before the cars hit the track. For the sake of the sport and the fans I hope Marchionne is right. We could do with some competition.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

GPR-A duplicate2

Anthony Davidson was showing on Skypad a clip of Kimi's onboard at start. what happened on his steering wasn't clear as the display of Kimi's steering was not visible due to the angle of the shot. But he was guessing that, the car wasn't in the gear, because Kimi did released the first clutch and boom, the car didn't move. He then immediately went to manual mode and got the car running. Until Ferrari releases a statement, it would be unclear if it was a clutch that was the culprit or was it a driver error. Following is the only shot I could get from Youtube. This is FOM snap, but the one that was shown on Sky was without the on screen graphic display.

Andres125sx

J0rd4n wrote:
F1NAC wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:Alonso saying Ferrari have nothing to be proud of.. :shock:

I'm trying to be practical about it but he sounds awfully bitter.
I dont know what is his problem with Ferrari.
Isn't that obvious? He's trying to justify him moving from Ferrari to a team 2 seconds slower than the Ferrari's, when he knows deep inside it was the wrong choice.
When did he say his new team would beat Ferrari this season?

His move was always justified as a long term project, saying McH project was more convicing for him than Ferrari´s one.

He was tired of fighting for second place, and guess what, Ferrari continue fighting for second place.

Ferrari people claiming next season will be the season when they fight for the championship is nothing new

Andres125sx

GPR-A wrote:
Anthony Davidson was showing on Skypad a clip of Kimi's onboard at start. what happened on his steering wasn't clear as the display of Kimi's steering was not visible due to the angle of the shot. But he was guessing that, the car wasn't in the gear, because Kimi did released the first clutch and boom, the car didn't move. He then immediately went to manual mode and got the car running. Until Ferrari releases a statement, it would be unclear if it was a clutch that was the culprit or was it a driver error. Following is the only shot I could get from Youtube. This is FOM snap, but the one that was shown on Sky was without the on screen graphic display.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCvnvUPmMQk
In the video it´s not seen, but just before that all the leds blinked. DeLaRosa said that means anti-stall

Schuttelberg

Andres125sx wrote:When did he say his new team would beat Ferrari this season?

His move was always justified as a long term project, saying McH project was more convicing for him than Ferrari´s one.

He was tired of fighting for second place, and guess what, Ferrari continue fighting for second place.

Ferrari people claiming next season will be the season when they fight for the championship is nothing new
We've been over this one before. I'm not for one second buying the 'We will become champions next year' talk from Ferrari. I just feel that Alonso raced five years with Ferrari. During this time, a time he describes he grew as a driver to a better level does not always need to produce bitter answers. There are a lot of Ferrari fans that really miss him, in a very genuine context, probably realising that he gave the team his absolute everything till the last lap. But, on the flip side, Ferrari also gave him the opportunity to drive for one of the most prestigious car companies in the world. A lot of people became Alonso fans once he became a Ferrari driver.

In 2010, when they started the partnership, Ferrari chose him because he was the best driver in the world and Alonso chose Ferrari because they were the best team in the world. (Based on consistency of results from 2000 onwards from both sides)

The partnership produced some spectacular race wins and one of the best championship runs I've witnessed in 2012 as well as a missed opportunity in 2010. It did not result in winning a championship but it left a lot of motorsport fans in awe and in complete appreciation of the effort. However, no driver that has driven, drives or will drive has a birthright to drive a championship winning car. Alonso is no exception. Ferrari tried to deliver, they failed. As did Alonso? Why? You win and lose as a team. That's the bottom line. And by Alonso failing, I don't mean he failed as a driver, but there are plenty of other parameters that are involved and luck is one of them.

Alonso has said time and again that he's content with where he's at and I can understand that he's an emotional and good person which is why there were some jibes from his side earlier in the year, but at this stage, Ferrari has moved on and so should he. By making such statements, even when asked by journalists, he's making those five years far more bitter than they actually are. Ferrari have a lot to be proud of. a) Because they're Ferrari (which is enough). b) They have come on as a team in this year, relative to 2014 minus the great Alonso. When journalists asks such question, you can either chose to not bother, be appreciative or sound bitter. The more bitter Alonso sounds, the more it seems like he really regrets his move to McLaren.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Fer.Fan

Schuttelberg wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:When did he say his new team would beat Ferrari this season?

We've been over this one before. I'm not for one second buying the 'We will become champions next year' talk from Ferrari. I just feel that Alonso raced five years with Ferrari. During this time, a time he describes he grew as a driver to a better level does not always need to produce bitter answers. There are a lot of Ferrari fans that really miss him, in a very genuine context, probably realising that he gave the team his absolute everything till the last lap. But, on the flip side, Ferrari also gave him the opportunity to drive for one of the most prestigious car companies in the world. A lot of people became Alonso fans once he became a Ferrari driver.

In 2010, when they started the partnership, Ferrari chose him because he was the best driver in the world and Alonso chose Ferrari because they were the best team in the world. (Based on consistency of results from 2000 onwards from both sides)

The partnership produced some spectacular race wins and one of the best championship runs I've witnessed in 2012 as well as a missed opportunity in 2010. It did not result in winning a championship but it left a lot of motorsport fans in awe and in complete appreciation of the effort. However, no driver that has driven, drives or will drive has a birthright to drive a championship winning car. Alonso is no exception. Ferrari tried to deliver, they failed. As did Alonso? Why? You win and lose as a team. That's the bottom line. And by Alonso failing, I don't mean he failed as a driver, but there are plenty of other parameters that are involved and luck is one of them.

Alonso has said time and again that he's content with where he's at and I can understand that he's an emotional and good person which is why there were some jibes from his side earlier in the year, but at this stage, Ferrari has moved on and so should he. By making such statements, even when asked by journalists, he's making those five years far more bitter than they actually are. Ferrari have a lot to be proud of. a) Because they're Ferrari (which is enough). b) They have come on as a team in this year, relative to 2014 minus the great Alonso. When journalists asks such question, you can either chose to not bother, be appreciative or sound bitter. The more bitter Alonso sounds, the more it seems like he really regrets his move to McLaren.
I agree to 100%. Alonso regrets his move to McH. Next season will be the same for him. No one in F1 world believes that McH will fight for titles next year. They are to far behind with their PU, Honda PU is disaster.

GPR-A duplicate2

Great thoughts there.
Schuttelberg wrote:Ferrari have a lot to be proud of. a) Because they're Ferrari (which is enough).
No place, team, position or brand by itself has any value or significance. A place, a position or a team becomes great because of the immense contributions from the great people who bless these things. Whether a brand, a place or a position is a collective representation of those great people. Fernando did his part for Ferrari, like many other greats before him. A Very high place is guaranteed for Fernando in the history of Ferrari. Yes, with time, they move on.
Schuttelberg wrote:When journalists asks such question, you can either chose to not bother, be appreciative or sound bitter. The more bitter Alonso sounds, the more it seems like he really regrets his move to McLaren.
For first few weeks though it was forgivable for Fernando that he could speak about Ferrari's second position in standings. But I guess that this is where his weakness is. He can't handle media in the best possible manner. After first few assertions, he can bluntly put the journalists away whenever they ask such idiotic questions. May be he is a great driver, but lacks skills to handle idiots in journalism. Looking at his current situation, I would think he is just a human being to be not disturbed by these questions.

Finally, people need to understand that, there is no reason for him to feel disappointed about his decision to leave Ferrari as the reason why he left Ferrari still stands true, at least for this year. He would have probably got another 2nd place this year with Ferrari and more frustration of not winning a WDC. For him, whether it is another 2nd/3rd place with few wins and podiums is same as not finishing any race as the only thing that matters is WDC OR NOTHING.

Andres125sx

Schuttelberg, I more or less agree with all you said, except Alonso moved on too. It´s journalist who didn´t. He only reply their questions. Now please you do the same:

You Ferrari fans think Ferrari should be proud of fighting for 2nd place?

He´s not saying BS or bittering, just saying things as he see it. Maybe some of you think Ferrari should be proud of being second class, but Alonso don´t. Me neither. If some of you can´t cope with this that´s not his problem.

IMHO some Ferrari fans can´t cope with reality, that reality wich forced Alonso to move out of Maranello, so they are forced to criticize Alonso as if he´d be a dumb doing stupid things.

Criticizing him this first season is opportunist. He said himself this season would be very difficult, no need to repeat the obvious in an attempt to show how good Ferrari is compared to McH. Ferrari should compare with Mercedes, not with a team developing a new long term project.

GPR-A duplicate2

GPR-A wrote:
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra ... o-mercedes
"Kimi had done a great qualifying, and we were all pleased," he said. "In the race, he messed up a bit, we need to still to check, but most probably messed up a bit with the fingers.
So, Anthony was almost right when he said, the car was probably not in gear!

windwaves

AnthonyG wrote:
Autosport wrote that, but there is no real confirmation so far of the real reason. Human error or mechanical.
It was human error. It is Kimi. What a fantastic clown !

Ferrari of course will never admit that, especially since they just renewed his contract, eh, what a move! On the other hand that is Ferrari way, one driver really.

bhall II

Andres125sx wrote:You Ferrari fans think Ferrari should be proud of fighting for 2nd place?
It's much better to be fighting for P2 than it is to be fighting for Q2. :D

Jolle

GPR-A wrote:
"yes yes yes, I know what I'm doing"

it would be quite funny if the most experienced drivers on the grid have trouble with this "old fashion" start system