Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sevach

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

So... Kimi will have to make way for Seb from now on right?

Silent Storm

If he Qualifies ahead of him the team would probably botch his start or mess with his setup so he would fall back automatically in race as that would be more discreet than saying on radio to let Vettel pass. I would do this if I were the boss.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

Bomber_Pilot

Silent Storm wrote:If he Qualifies ahead of him the team would probably botch his start or mess with his setup so he would fall back automatically in race as that would be more discreet than saying on radio to let Vettel pass. I would do this if I were the boss.
Not gonna happen. Once they are in this position, it's going to be either a clear order or they will let them race. It all depends on Mercedes form in the next races. There will be no shananigans under Arrivabene.

Silent Storm

Bomber_Pilot wrote:
Silent Storm wrote:If he Qualifies ahead of him the team would probably botch his start or mess with his setup so he would fall back automatically in race as that would be more discreet than saying on radio to let Vettel pass. I would do this if I were the boss.
Not gonna happen. Once they are in this position, it's going to be either a clear order or they will let them race. It all depends on Mercedes form in the next races. There will be no shananigans under Arrivabene.
I hope it's stays that way.. And yes it depends on Merc form if they struggle in Japan like they did in Singapore plus retire from race due to engine problems or turn down the engine down quite a bit then I don't think they need team orders Ferrari will easily finish 1-2.

evered7

On the evidence of the year, I dont think Vettel needs any team orders. He can take the place himself as evident from the British GP.

basti313

Sorry, but compromising one car would be utterly stupid. In the end Vettel is nowhere because of any racing incident and Kimi is nowhere because of bad setup...
If they want to swap places they can do it with an extra lap at the pitstop. Or with engine settings.

But the big question is: Why do you expect anything like this? If Ferrari is so good, that they can challenge Merc, then it is easy for Rai to play for the team as he can easily save his P4 in WC. If they drop behind Williams, then it is necessary to protect Rai and not Vet.
Don`t russel the hamster!

GPR-A duplicate2

Didn't see anyone talking about this till now! Vettel equalled Schumacher's achievement of first year at Ferrari!!! 3 Wins.

Andres125sx

Maybe because Alonso improved that with 5 victories in 2010

Or maybe because Alonso´s achievement shows how useless that sort of achievement is

Phil

Andres125sx wrote:Maybe because Alonso improved that with 5 victories in 2010

Or maybe because Alonso´s achievement shows how useless that sort of achievement is
Thank god someone is talking sense. I had a WTF moment when RTL made a big deal out of the 3 victories for Seb in his first year at Ferrari and was thinking... but Alonso had 5? #-o
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

CBeck113

Phil, you said RTL - that should have been enough in the first place: Schumacher is the greatest F1 Driver everevereverever, and the reference for all Seb success stories.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

ChrisF1

Let's refer back to the last time we discussed this:
ChrisF1 wrote:With comparisons, I think it is best to compare Vettel with the first Ferrari-Schumacher season. Let's compare the situation going into 1996 and 2015.
1996 - dominant Williams with 2 drivers taking most wins. Ferrari hadn't won the title in years, but had a few near misses and had spent the past 4 years running around as the 2nd-4th best car every weekend.

2015 - dominant Mercedes with 2 drivers taking most wins. Ferrari hadn't won the title in years, but had a few near misses and had spent the past 4 years running around as the 2nd-4th best car every weekend.
So here we are, lets look at the situation at half way point.
1996 - dominant Williams is class of the field, and Williams had won all but two races. Schumacher had managed to win one race.

2015 - dominant Mercedes is class of the field, and they had won all but two races. Vettel has managed to win two races.
Alonso's 2010 Ferrari was way closer to the Red Bull than Seb's Ferrari is to the 2015 Mercedes - 23 pole's in a row, podiums in a row for 20+ races, 10/13 victories.... whilst 2010 saw the wins shared between 5 drivers and they could all win the title with 2 races to go. Hardly shows the 2010 Red Bull as being dominant in the same way as the 96 Williams or 2015 Merc.

We didn't agree then, we probably won't agree now :lol:

Let's just say there is some interesting symmetry and all drivers are very good =D>

Phil

CBeck113 wrote:Phil, you said RTL - that should have been enough in the first place: Schumacher is the greatest F1 Driver everevereverever, and the reference for all Seb success stories.
You're right. I just turn it on for the post race interviews (and Niki's/Toto input), although it makes me have to endure a ridiculous 8+ minute break after the race, but at least they have something. The Swiss broadcast is awful and they turn off just about right after the race. I'd watch the BBC, but not live most races and unfortunately I don't have Sky. :(

I miss the good old BBC days of 2010-2012... :cry:
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

GPR-A duplicate2

Phil wrote:

Thank god someone is talking sense. I had a WTF moment when RTL made a big deal out of the 3 victories for Seb in his first year at Ferrari and was thinking... but Alonso had 5? #-o
I don't think you look at it from pure Statistical context. If so is the case, then there is no significance to what Vettel has done. It was more about how Vettel looked up to Schumacher and his desire to go a struggling Ferrari and be part of their revival, just like Schumacher did in 1996. 2010 was a different story as the car was competitive right from the beginning and was a championship challenger. From the word go, it was all about Vettel trying to do a Schumacher for Ferrari. That is the context.

LionKing

One of those one victory coming from the team orders and the other two inherited due to the mechanical problems. And Ferrari of 2010 was a lot closer to Red Bull and in power tracks like Monza that year Red Bull was nowhere.

Silent Storm

You cannot compare Alonso's 5 wins with Vettel's 3 wins simply because different era and different cars. Plus the Merc is bulletproof the Redbull wasn't. Not to mention Ferrari was close to Redbull in terms of pace in 2010, now the gap is 4tenths to 8tenths from Mercedes depending on the track.