2017 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 28-30 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2017 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 28-30 July

George-Jung wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 18:14
Did anyone consider that Kimi chatted so much over the radio to show the team he still got the speed for a contract renewal and also still is a teamplayer?
Yeah, the thought came to my mind. He said he wasn't happy and he wanted the win. So of course a statement that he still has the speed to match "the best driver in the world" and there is no need to replace him.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

komninosm

ferkan wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 17:19
LH44 fans "Why didnt Ferrari, instead of winning and taking 1-2 like they did, take 1-5 and let Kimi, who is currently 5th on WDC list and only has matematical chance of winning, win the race?
Jesus...
Do you remember the "outcry" from Ferrari fans when HAM asked the team to tell BOT to help him in previous races?
In much more clear ways.
Oh the irony...

Manoah2u

Chene_Mostert wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 20:28
Just_a_fan wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 19:51
There's some very obvious trolling going on here and people are feeding it. Stop it!
Totally Agree, Trolling and blatant hypocricy seems to at the order of the day this season :(
really dude :lol:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

komninosm

So what exactly was the problem with VET steering wheel?

cplchanb

komninosm wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 23:04
he probably hit a curb too hard and knocked it out of alignment. happens to road cars as well
you could see the angle on his T cam

langwadt

cplchanb wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 00:28
komninosm wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 23:04
he probably hit a curb too hard and knocked it out of alignment. happens to road cars as well
you could see the angle on his T cam
he said it happened already when they dropped the car on the starting grid

zeph

Mark Hughes' Hungary GP report is as detailed and excellent as usual: http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/repor ... grand-prix

djos

motobaleno wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 13:24
I'm pretty much satisfied with this race.
pretty much.
I'm not, I'm still cheesed of with Max taking out Daniel, seriously shoddy work from him!

So far this year, he's taken out his team mate and Kimi in similar circumstances.
"In downforce we trust"

Redragon

langwadt wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 14:53
Redragon wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 20:34
Quote of the year Magnussen: "Suck my balls Mate" to Hulk
I'm quite sure he said "Suck my balls honey" ;)
yep he is pinning there nicely when the rumours that Hulk is gay have been there for long time. Despite he is not.

ringo

WaikeCU wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 10:43
ringo wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 04:16
There was glimpse of what would have been a Hamilton and Verstappen Battle.
Max seemed to have resorted to his kamikaze style for a moment when hamilton started his old clinical overtake manoeuvres. Hamilton seemed to have got on the radio to complain about max driving dangerously.
Any thoughts on that little battle there?
You mean the one at the restart after the SC period?
yep. I was looking forward to that battle materializing. Max is a mad man who doesnt mind crashing, and lewis had a lot to lose taking on max.
For Sure!!

Zynerji

You should go back and watch the closing stages of the race. Ferrari was egging him on, and he said he was fine right where he was. It was very clear who Sebastian wanted to see win the championship.

ChrisDanger

The Hulkenberg/Magnussen "suck my balls" incident (at about 1:10/1:36).

ChrisDanger

Treble wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 20:36
ChrisDanger wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 19:24
The fact that you've completely missed every instance of this happening is astounding, and what I alluded to in my earlier post. Because that situation happens regularly, in many teams. And it's not about team orders, in terms of favouring a specific driver. It's about a team trying to maximise their overall result.
If it happens always in many teams and it is all so normal, why Ham was frustrated at end of the race? Why Toto was so angry against Lauda and the Mercedes paddock looked like a funeral ceremony?
I don't see how the "anger" of certain members of Mercedes affects the reality of this practice having been performed several times already.

Does this answer your question though?

Toto Wolff said, not wrote:The purpose of us being here is doing the right things and winning in the right way. Sometimes doing it the right way and standing by your values is f****** tough and it was today, believe me. I feel crap.

Treble

NathanOlder wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 17:41
ferkan wrote:
LH44 fans "Why didnt Ferrari, instead of winning and taking 1-2 like they did, take 1-5 and let Kimi, who is currently 5th on WDC list and only has matematical chance of winning, win the race?
Jesus...

Why do people keep saying 4th or 5th for Seb. BOTTAS AND MAX NEVER CAUGHT him. Even without rear gunner kimi , it was only Lewis who would have had ago JEEEEEEZ!

All people are getting at is, Ferrari risked a 1-2 or 1-3 by doing what they did. If Lewis passed Kimi through a Kimi mistake and then managed to pasa Vettel as easy as you people think, it would have been a 2-3 for Ferrari and Lewis would be leading the championship. Fortunately for Ferrari the risk paid off. They Gambled and it worked this time. Any other track (other than monaco) it probably would have backfired.

They took a risky 1-2 instead of (at worse) an easy 1-3 but probably still a 1-2 with Kimi 1st. Their choice meant a 2-3 was possible. If they swapped them around a win was guaranteed (reliability being good)
You forgot that Vet couldn't use the kerbs. He was trying to be gentle with the steering wheel. This means that if Hamilton had a chance to attack Vet we could have seen a Silverstone similar situation, when Vettel ruined his tyres to fight vs Bottas.

NathanOlder

Treble wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 08:40
NathanOlder wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 17:41
ferkan wrote:
Jesus...

Why do people keep saying 4th or 5th for Seb. BOTTAS AND MAX NEVER CAUGHT him. Even without rear gunner kimi , it was only Lewis who would have had ago JEEEEEEZ!

All people are getting at is, Ferrari risked a 1-2 or 1-3 by doing what they did. If Lewis passed Kimi through a Kimi mistake and then managed to pasa Vettel as easy as you people think, it would have been a 2-3 for Ferrari and Lewis would be leading the championship. Fortunately for Ferrari the risk paid off. They Gambled and it worked this time. Any other track (other than monaco) it probably would have backfired.

They took a risky 1-2 instead of (at worse) an easy 1-3 but probably still a 1-2 with Kimi 1st. Their choice meant a 2-3 was possible. If they swapped them around a win was guaranteed (reliability being good)
You forgot that Vet couldn't use the kerbs. He was trying to be gentle with the steering wheel. This means that if Hamilton had a chance to attack Vet we could have seen a Silverstone similar situation, when Vettel ruined his tyres to fight vs Bottas.
We could have but we'll never know. For all we know Seb could have held Lewis off no problem. Dont say Vettel couldnt use kerbs because Vettel was still using the kerbs. He just wasnt hitting them hard, like in the chicane where they are very big.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC