2018 British Grand Prix, Silverstone, July 6-8

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
fabian77

Re: 2018 British Grand Prix, Silverstone, July 6-8

GPR-A wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 17:58
fabian77 wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 17:54
GPR-A wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 16:36
You can count Kimi to be attacked and over taken by Bottas and behind him, is Verstappen!
Not if Kimi gets another demon start like in Austria, I think the Ferraris will monster Hamilton and the start, should be a cracking race can't wait.
Remember, Kimi and Vettel were on US and the Mercs were on SS in Austria for the start! It was the same in France too, where Vettel got a quick start, but the Mercs boxed him. That ain't the case for tomorrow.
True but in France Vettel got a much better start than the 2 Mercs on the same tyre but got boxed in, so we shall see, hopefully it is a clean start, no carnage I want to clean fight between the 2.

Zynerji

atanatizante wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 20:20

On another note Alonso`s statement after the qualy says it all : "It's three Ferraris on track now," added the Spaniard after Sauber's Charles Leclerc qualified in ninth.
This stuff disgusts me about Alonso...

His championships mean more (not a dominant car) , and other teams can only beat him by cheating (calling them copies).

If he spent as much time studying and taking classes as he does making excuses as to why he has watched 2 other drivers take 8 championships away from him, he could design his own car to beat them.

I, for one, hope that man goes somewhere else with his rhetoric next year...

Redragon

Zynerji wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 05:44
atanatizante wrote:

On another note Alonso`s statement after the qualy says it all : "It's three Ferraris on track now," added the Spaniard after Sauber's Charles Leclerc qualified in ninth.

His championships mean more (not a dominant car) , and other teams can only beat him by cheating (calling them copies).

If he spent as much time studying and taking classes as he does making excuses as to why he has watched 2 other drivers take 8 championships away from him, he could design his own car to beat them.

Man, if he didn't have a go last year on 500 indy and winning this year the 24h Lemans where both are completely different styles from F1 and needs training and preparation a part of seen how he has behaving between the team not as a star but as another one from the team, I would understand a bit you criticism but after seen him on other competitions I don't think your criticism has much weight to be standing long.

dans79

fabian77 wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 04:57
True but in France Vettel got a much better start than the 2 Mercs on the same tyre but got boxed in, so we shall see, hopefully it is a clean start, no carnage I want to clean fight between the 2.
This is incorrect! In France, Ferrari started on the ultra softs, Mercedes started on the super softs.
197 104 103 7

giantfan10

dans79 wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 06:21
fabian77 wrote:
This is incorrect! In France, Ferrari started on the ultra softs, Mercedes started on the super softs.
We’ve looked at the starts,” Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff told media including RaceFans after qualifying today. “This is an area where we haven’t performed so well.
Our starts were OK but Ferrari’s starts were exceptional. There is always… we are under risk at the starts at the moment so we’ll see what it gives tomorrow.”
Thats from Wolff.
You obviously know more than the team principal.

Zynerji

Redragon wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 06:03
Zynerji wrote:
atanatizante wrote:

Man, if he didn't have a go last year on 500 indy and winning this year the 24h Lemans where both are completely different styles from F1 and needs training and preparation a part of seen how he has behaving between the team not as a star but as another one from the team, I would understand a bit you criticism but after seen him on other competitions I don't think your criticism has much weight to be standing long.
He stepped into, by far, the best car at LeMans.

And there are other LeMans champions on the grid, so what is your point?

He hasn't impressed me since beating Scumacher with the TMD... I am not a fan.

GPR-A duplicate2

Zynerji wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 07:08
Redragon wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 06:03
Zynerji wrote:

And there are other LeMans champions on the grid, so what is your point?

He hasn't impressed me since beating Scumacher with the TMD... I am not a fan.
Which is clear with your feelings. What's wrong even if he would have said there are ferraris on the grid, including Haas cars?

simieski

Zynerji wrote:

Please elaborate on how #8 was by far a better car than #7.
Thank you to God for making me an Atheist - Ricky Gervais.

GPR-A duplicate2

dans79 wrote:
fabian77 wrote:
Did i not mention that in my post already. :)

Zynerji

GPR-A wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 08:06
Which is clear with your feelings. What's wrong even if he would have said there are ferraris on the grid, including Haas cars?
Because he is insinuating that they don't deserve to be there. They are HAAS, not Ferrari. Just like he insinuates that Hamilton and Vettel's championships mean less than his, because they didn't do it, they simply had the best car.

I have zero respect for those that agrandize themselves by belittling the accomplishments of others. It's the definition of Narcissism.
Last edited by Zynerji on 08 Jul 2018, 08:24, edited 1 time in total.

Zynerji

simieski wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 08:08
Zynerji wrote:

So, he only had to beat ONE car, after his team mate put him on pole, to reach the level of Hulkenberg and Hartley?

That's what we call a softball.

And let's not forget how he belittled Ham and Vet on winning championships in the best cars on the grid...

f1316

GPR-A wrote:
dans79 wrote:
fabian77 wrote:
Did i not mention that in my post already. :)
It’s interesting though that nobody wanted to start on the mediums this week - clearly they think the softs will stand up much better.

But with all the talk if heat/blistering etc - and the fact the top two teams had a second gap to everyone else - it’s interesting that no one felt it was worth taking a punt on. Perhaps RB would have but didn’t have the pace to make it work.

Zynerji

I thought Mercedes might have with their tyre wear issues in the last race. M-S-S would probably made them impossible to beat.

Now, it's a pure crap shoot.

f1316

Zynerji wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 08:20
simieski wrote:
Zynerji wrote:

So, he only had to beat ONE car, after his team mate put him on pole, to reach the level of Hulkenberg and Hartley?

That's what we call a softball.

And let's not forget how he belittled Ham and Vet on winning championships in the best cars on the grid...
It’s all quite off topic...

... but he also said his Le Mans win was the greatest of all time:

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/23861 ... eatest-all

I guess he was just trying to defend against the criticism he knew he’d get from those saying it was an all Toyota show. In F1 terms, he’s probably quite annoyed with himself for twice alienating himself from teams that would go on to have subsequently competitive cars (McLaren and Ferrari) hence the lashing out at everyone and everything.

I agree it comes a little petulant but, on the flip side, I do think: I. his mega night stint at Le Mans was super impressive II. He probably would have won last year’s WDC and/or have a greater lead in this year’s if he was driving that Ferrari; but I also don’t believe they would have that car if he was still there.

Apologies for the off topic.

f1316

Zynerji wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 08:48
I thought Mercedes might have with their tyre wear issues in the last race. M-S-S would probably made them impossible to beat.

Now, it's a pure crap shoot.
Right, but then they’d have to guard against Ferrari using the better grip of the softs of the line - and sooner or later they’d have to make those good launches count - plus it’s quite possible that the mediums wouldn’t prevent blisters, if their wear is lower/they retain more heat.

We shall see - mightn’t be bad for Ferrari to have that extra set of new softs up their sleeve though.