Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
cplchanb

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

sigh....how hard is it for the FIA to be clear and concise and just say at no time can there be any obstruction within 'X'm radius from the camera.

santos

cplchanb wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 15:43
sigh....how hard is it for the FIA to be clear and concise and just say at no time can there be any obstruction within 'X'm radius from the camera.
Well... that is not on the rules.

langwadt

santos wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 15:45
cplchanb wrote:
21.4 During the entire Event, no screen, cover or other obstruction which in any way obscures any part of a car will be allowed at any time in the paddock, garages, pit lane or grid, unless it is clear any such covers are needed solely for mechanical reasons, which could, for example, include protecting against fire.

?

Big Tea

cplchanb wrote:
There is no such thing as bad publicity. Your brand onscreen is your brand onscreen
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

subcritical71

cplchanb wrote:
I'd agree, but then what happens if the steering wheel is within that radius... then you need to back out of that radius, which allows a gap and therefore a method of obscuring..... I don't see how you close that loophole unless you say, I'll determine if your obstructing and if you are corrective action will be taken by you without delay. Draconian, I know, but there is already an obstruction rule in the sporting regs that no one pays attention to.

santos

langwadt wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 15:46
santos wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 15:45
cplchanb wrote:
21.4 During the entire Event, no screen, cover or other obstruction which in any way obscures any part of a car will be allowed at any time in the paddock, garages, pit lane or grid, unless it is clear any such covers are needed solely for mechanical reasons, which could, for example, include protecting against fire.

?
That doesn't say a minimum distance… and i think that rule, is for not using screens like they do in testing.

Big Mangalhit

M840TR wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 10:02
Mclaren style endplates among Singpore upgrades.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm9WnaVWwAAEOG_.jpg:large
Interesting that this new endplates will be banned in 2019. Meaning they did this upgrade for 7 races. Quite impressive no?

cplchanb

Big Mangalhit wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 16:05
M840TR wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 10:02
Mclaren style endplates among Singpore upgrades.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm9WnaVWwAAEOG_.jpg:large
Interesting that this new endplates will be banned in 2019. Meaning they did this upgrade for 7 races. Quite impressive no?

well when one is in the thick of the wcc battle they will invest everything for the smallest gains ie: 2008. Lets just hope that they dont scuttle 2019 because of that (then again as a merc fan i would welcome that 8) )

siskue2005

Better picture

subcritical71

siskue2005 wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 16:13
Better picture
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm99RTgXsAAC7fK.jpg
At least they used two of those extra legs (one on each side) instead of just the one on the side of the camera. I’m sure they are needed for balance of the apparatus...

Morteza

Via AMuS
Last edited by Morteza on 13 Sep 2018, 23:56, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

SiLo

Forgot they had that pseudo double deck diffuser. Anyone else running anything similar?
Felipe Baby!

MtthsMlw

SiLo wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 16:58
Forgot they had that pseudo double deck diffuser. Anyone else running anything similar?
No it's unique to the sf71h.

NathanOlder

F1Krof wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 14:34

... I mean you have to say this is pretty stupid. You can see the steering wheel from the onboard.

https://snag.gy/7jP1tL.jpg
Its the onboard they are blocking at the start up / installation process.

I think the days of doing something to take the attention away from something else have passed. Everyone thinks of that now, So I dont think thats the case. Other teams and the media still go over the rest of the car with a fine-tooth comb.

Why do Ferrari do this ? They can't be sitting there laughing about it all, they are currently on the verge of losing yet another championship. If they design new cooling ducts ect just to play games, its time being wasted when they could/should be putting 100% in to performance. So in my opinion they are probably hiding something, something that gives them performance.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

F1Krof

NathanOlder wrote:
14 Sep 2018, 09:08
F1Krof wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 14:34

... I mean you have to say this is pretty stupid. You can see the steering wheel from the onboard.

https://snag.gy/7jP1tL.jpg
Its the onboard they are blocking at the start up / installation process.

I think the days of doing something to take the attention away from something else have passed. Everyone thinks of that now, So I dont think thats the case. Other teams and the media still go over the rest of the car with a fine-tooth comb.

Why do Ferrari do this ? They can't be sitting there laughing about it all, they are currently on the verge of losing yet another championship. If they design new cooling ducts ect just to play games, its time being wasted when they could/should be putting 100% in to performance. So in my opinion they are probably hiding something, something that gives them performance.
It's much simpler than that. The cooling mechanism was to be brought in Singapore, just like Merc did. Probably they had something similar already designed, what they did was just change the angle of the inlets, which for a skilled machinist/designer its a piece of cake. And yeah, I still think they're trolling.
Wroom wroom