2018 Mexico Grand Prix - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 26-28 October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Sierra117

Re: 2018 Mexico Grand Prix - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 26-28 October

Spoutnik wrote:
28 Oct 2018, 23:43
What Coulthard asked ? Didn't heard it ?
He was like Seb you had the best car throughout the season, so where do you think it started falling apart, something like that. Basically, it's you who screwed up, so where do you think it began.
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

JordanMugen

NathanOlder wrote:
28 Oct 2018, 22:45
Lewis has proven he is head and shoulders above the rest this season. He has the speed, the consistency and he barely puts a toe wrong, let alone a foot wrong
It would be easier to evaluate Hamilton's driving if Alonso (for example) was in the other Mercedes.

Just_a_fan

JordanMugen wrote:
28 Oct 2018, 23:46
NathanOlder wrote:
Lewis has proven he is head and shoulders above the rest this season. He has the speed, the consistency and he barely puts a toe wrong, let alone a foot wrong
It would be easier to evaluate Hamilton's driving if Alonso (for example) was in the other Mercedes.
Been there. Done that. :wink:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

The_table

Max drove a perfect race, so did Vettel in my opinion but Max was just too far.

I don't want to take anything away from Hamilton but i bet that that Ferrari is hard(er) to drive and that's what contributed to some of Vettel's mistakes.

To be honest it's every year we hear that they make a car that's hard or weird to drive... right?

NathanOlder

Just_a_fan wrote:
28 Oct 2018, 23:54
JordanMugen wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
Been there. Done that. :wink:
=D>
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Restomaniac

The_table wrote:
28 Oct 2018, 23:55

I don't want to take anything away from Hamilton but i bet that that Ferrari is hard(er) to drive and that's what contributed to some of Vettel's mistakes.

To be honest it's every year we hear that they make a car that's hard or weird to drive... right?
You didn’t want to but then tried to do it away. #-o

GrandAxe

JordanMugen wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
Where were you in 2007, Lewis rookie year, with Alonso the reigning World Champion?

... Back to current events ...

Well, job done! Congrats to Lewis! 5 time WDC ... Just WOW! 8) 8) 8)
The lad is utterly deserving. Get in there!

The_table

Restomaniac wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 00:00
The_table wrote:

It's something that has been bugging me, had to get it out somewhere...i don't even think it takes anything away from Ham but it does add something to Vettel.

GrandAxe

The_table wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 00:02
Restomaniac wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 00:00
The_table wrote:

It's something that has been bugging me, had to get it out somewhere...i don't even think it takes anything away from Ham but it does add something to Vettel.
Raining on someone elses parade never adds to anyone.

Spoutnik

The_table wrote:

The Merc seemed much much more difficult to drive especially during the first part of the season, I mean the Ferrari always seemed very balanced while the Merc was always understeering, always very tough on the steering, with a very aggressive entry through the corners... I just think the Merc is easier to drive under rainy conditions

piast9

Nice race. For me it was nice to watch how cars struggle in the high altitude conditions. I think we need more of this - for example Tybetian and Bolivian GPs in the season!

The_table

Fine, assume malice and misinterpret what i said...this is the internet after all...

Just ignore what i said...

AnthonyG

Will Smith is Hamilton’s secret driving coach, who would have guesed? Grid girls are banned because they’re disrespectfull to women, but a random movie star telling someone he learned him to drive and by that rediculing the whole Mercedes team is totaly acceptable...
MtthsMlw wrote:
28 Oct 2018, 23:36
Vandoorne P8. What a mental guy :D
Solid race, he needed that. [-o<
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

matt_b

On a separate topic, the reason Lewis was allowed to do those doughnuts is because the gearbox was on its 6th and final race (introduced in Monza and what a roll it went on). Similar with the engine he was using old spec 2 and spec 3 will be used in Brazil along with a brand new gearbox.

LM10

Restomaniac wrote:
28 Oct 2018, 23:29
LM10 wrote:
28 Oct 2018, 23:21
MtthsMlw wrote:
28 Oct 2018, 23:15
Ferrari showed this race what a great car they've built this season. Sad that the championship ended early.
True, the car is a beast, that's for sure.

Differentiators were Hamilton and the Mercedes team overall. The Mercedes car itself was beatable this season. What Ferrari needs to do for next season is to get better strategically and Vettel needs to be a cooler driver. I'm curious about what's going to happen with Leclerc as his new team mate and how the Ferrari team is going to react to this new driver duo.
Actually all bets are off with the fact that everyone’s front wing, side pods and rear wing ideas are about to get binned.

However you’re not being fair to Ferrari here. Vettel’s car has been consistently the fastest or there abouts as well as pretty much bullet proof. There isn’t much more they could have given him.
Well, you're right. Didn't really mean the car and the development steps, though. Just the other in-race-things. Mercedes almost always shows why they've been winning last years.