2018 Mexico Grand Prix - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 26-28 October

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Shrieker

Re: 2018 Mexico Grand Prix - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, 26-28 October

AnthonyG wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 00:10
Will Smith is Hamilton’s secret driving coach, who would have guesed? Grid girls are banned because they’re disrespectfull to women, but a random movie star telling someone he learned him to drive and by that rediculing the whole Mercedes team is totaly acceptable...
That was just retarded...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Morteza

Vettel went to Mercedes team and congratulated Toto (Toto was in his underpants 😂) and the staff. Class act by Seb, I must say. You can see it on Mercedes AMG F1's Instagram story.
Found it :D
Last edited by Morteza on 30 Oct 2018, 03:18, edited 5 times in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Sierra117

AnthonyG wrote:
Will Smith is Hamilton’s secret driving coach, who would have guesed? Grid girls are banned because they’re disrespectfull to women, but a random movie star telling someone he learned him to drive and by that rediculing the whole Mercedes team is totaly acceptable...
One was a harmless, cringey inside-joke and the other is a legit issue where women are just some showpieces to appeal to men. There are better ways to involve women in the sport. And if people really want grid-girls, decency is easy to achieve. But that's an irrelevant discussion for today.
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

GrandAxe

The way the Mexican's cranked up the after race party was a really nice touch. I can't recall anything like it.

PlatinumZealot

Shrieker wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 00:16
AnthonyG wrote:
That was just retarded...
Will Smith is a comedian, loosen up. :wink:
Last edited by PlatinumZealot on 29 Oct 2018, 00:41, edited 1 time in total.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

The_table wrote:
28 Oct 2018, 23:55
Max drove a perfect race, so did Vettel in my opinion but Max was just too far.

I don't want to take anything away from Hamilton but i bet that that Ferrari is hard(er) to drive and that's what contributed to some of Vettel's mistakes.

To be honest it's every year we hear that they make a car that's hard or weird to drive... right?
If the Ferrari was hard to drive kimi would be nowhere! we know how sensitive Kimi is. The Ferrari was actually the easier car to drive matter of fact. It was certainly easier over the year. I can't remember a time when the Ferrari was imbalanced this year. There was a race when they chewed through their tyres faster but I can't remember it.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

JordanMugen

Just_a_fan wrote:
28 Oct 2018, 23:54
Been there. Done that. :wink:
Indeed, but it'd great to see an ongoing scrap! :)

Verstappen would be another suitable teammate.

Teams with number one drivers are boring.

Shrieker

Congrats to him; Hamilton is now legit one of the top three of all times. I found it odd tho that Sky put his name above Fangio's when they they were listing drivers by number of titles won. At least they should've been side by side, there's just no comparison between eras so different. If he gets the sixth then one can legitimately claim he's been more successful, ergo his name deserves to be a step above.

One can't help but wonder what would've been tho if Senna hadn't passed away when he did. So maybe that pushes Hamilton down to fourth :wink:
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Juzh

PlatinumZealot wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 00:41
The_table wrote:

I don't want to take anything away from Hamilton but i bet that that Ferrari is hard(er) to drive and that's what contributed to some of Vettel's mistakes.

To be honest it's every year we hear that they make a car that's hard or weird to drive... right?
If the Ferrari was hard to drive kimi would be nowhere! we know how sensitive Kimi is. The Ferrari was actually the easier car to drive matter of fact. It was certainly easier over the year. I can't remember a time when the Ferrari was imbalanced this year. There was a race when they chewed through their tyres faster but I can't remember it.
Mate you're dreaming. On majority of races mercedes was clearly the easier car to drive whereas ferrari was just loose all around, especially in the race. Ferrari even when it's fast it's always twitchy and wants to swap ends when going on power. Ferrari also had no traction at all since russia onwards. They were absolutely nowhere in slow corners in every race since then.
Lets not forget the kind of advantages mercedes had in spain, france, austria, japan, russia... Even when ferrari has won this year they won by low margins, except for canada when merc didn't use their new engine, but that one obviously didn't last long.

Shrieker

One other thing I'd like to add is how lucky we are to witness one of the best eras in F1 with 4 champions, 2 great drivers, 1 great prospect and one greatish driver; 12 titles between them in total. I remember a time when we had only 1 or 2 champions on the grid with 2-3 titles between them in 1996-'97.
-Atatürk

ringo

Shrieker wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 00:58
Congrats to him; Hamilton is now legit one of the top three of all times. I found it odd tho that Sky put his name above Fangio's when they they were listing drivers by number of titles won. At least they should've been side by side, there's just no comparison between eras so different. If he gets the sixth then one can legitimately claim he's been more successful, ergo his name deserves to be a step above.

One can't help but wonder what would've been tho if Senna hadn't passed away when he did. So maybe that pushes Hamilton down to fourth :wink:
Hamilton has more wins, so will be ahead of Fangio.

I think Prost would have had 6 championships. Mansel would also have more than 1. If you look through history and how the seasons would up and what could have been you find most of these champs would be more decorated.

Hamilton himself would have been a 6 time champ, if the FIA didn't remotely handicap his gearbox in 2007 to prevent a rookie from being champ. :wink:
For Sure!!

ringo

Juzh wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 01:02
PlatinumZealot wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 00:41
The_table wrote:

Mate you're dreaming. On majority of races mercedes was clearly the easier car to drive whereas ferrari was just loose all around, especially in the race. Ferrari even when it's fast it's always twitchy and wants to swap ends when going on power. Ferrari also had no traction at all since russia onwards. They were absolutely nowhere in slow corners in every race since then.
Lets not forget the kind of advantages mercedes had in spain, france, austria, japan, russia... Even when ferrari has won this year they won by low margins, except for canada when merc didn't use their new engine, but that one obviously didn't last long.
The Ferrari is the easier car to not only drive, but easier to manage through a race. Being consistently fast and having strong race pace goes hand in hand with being easier to drive. Tyres don't last long on a hard to drive car.
For Sure!!

search

MtthsMlw wrote:
28 Oct 2018, 23:36
Vandoorne P8. What a mental guy :D
he earned that though. Vandoorne was almost back in last at one point in the beginning, and overtook quite a lot of guys on the road. Probably his best race so far

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Shrieker

ringo wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 01:18

Hamilton has more wins, so will be ahead of Fangio.
Yes, but Fangio didn't exactly get to do as many races, so maybe a win % would be a more fair comparison ? Fangio has %46 lol. I imagine no one can even get close to it, but the problem with that is the fact that 52 race entries is a sample size that is too small. Again it comes back to eras that are so different from each other. Personally I wouldn't have put Hamilton above at this point, and I'm sure Mercedes will put them side by side at least until Hamilton gets his sixth (if ever).
-Atatürk