Mercedes-AMG F1 W10 EQ Power+

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
DiogoBrand

Re: Mercedes-AMG F1 W10 EQ Power+

mantikos wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 22:58
They had to open up bodywork despite the cool temps? damn, they are already borderline on cooling?
You can rest assured they didn't open that because of overheating issues. Either they found that benefitial, maybe to aid the flow over the sidepods, maybe because the halo would disturb the airflow around there anyway, or they're testing the cooling package for the worst case scenario.

They already had that at Bahrain last year, so it's not a last minute job to keep the car running.

Sierra117

Sorry about the resolution, screencapped when it was playing on the smaller monitor (slightly larger when right-click view).

NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

Morteza

Via AMuS and @AlbertFabrega
Last edited by Morteza on 20 Feb 2019, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Drica

Flow separation on the DRS flap?

Just_a_fan

It looks like it reattaches before the trailing edge for much of the flap so probably not a big issue. The flap is nearly vertical there so any "lift" it produces is also basically pure drag. The overall wing will still be working properly generating downforce where it's wanted. You're still getting the overall redirection of the airflow to give downforce.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Drica

Yeah, true that. Thanks for the explanation

Sierra117

That flow-viz makes it look like something out of a comic book!
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

ScrewCaptain27

The bulge on the pushrods is back, motorsport.con say it contains a spacer to adjust the length and position of the pushrod.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

De Jokke

Sound the alarm :roll: :

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hami ... g/4341075/

"We are the only team to have won a championship in a cross over of a rule and I am confident that even if we don't start on the right foot, particularly by the first race, I feel confident….."

Lewis already in a 'lifting up the team' modus, which is telling of where they stand: BEHIND! (hope to be wrong! [-o< )

Looks like the RAKE has worked against us: high rake the way too go, as RBR thought they will surpass merc due to a new rear wing which is currently being built
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

Giando

Ehi!

So, it was NOT an illusion!

The new push rod bracket is finally there!!!!

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/tecni ... e/4340977/

:P

F1Fan2018

De Jokke wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 15:04

"We are the only team to have won a championship in a cross over of a rule and I am confident that even if we don't start on the right foot, particularly by the first race, I feel confident….."

Lewis already in a 'lifting up the team' modus, which is telling of where they stand: BEHIND! (hope to be wrong! [-o< )

Looks like the RAKE has worked against us: high rake the way too go, as RBR thought they will surpass merc due to a new rear wing which is currently being built
He didnt say anything about the rake, I think your reading far too much into the Interview

De Jokke

F1Fan2018 wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 15:26
De Jokke wrote:

He didnt say anything about the rake, I think your reading far too much into the Interview
No, that's my own interpretation, as RBR is bullish too.
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

F1Fan2018

De Jokke wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 15:31
F1Fan2018 wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 15:26
De Jokke wrote:

No, that's my own interpretation, as RBR is bullish too.
Ah ok fair enough

atanatizante

W10`s rear comparing to SF90 and RB15 :

1. Merc and RB went for a bigger DRS flap than Ferrari. What are the advantages?
2. Merc seems to roll more both from be seeing the left rear tyre contact patch and the turning vane near the right sidepod, which is no showing in the picture
3. Merc & RB have a cleaner “triplane” comprising in the upper+lower rear wishbone and diffuser. Ferrari has only two for having the lower rear wishbone in the same plane with the diffuser`s edge...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus