Renault R29

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Sawtooth-spike

Re: Renault R29

Humm,

That nose looks really ugly. But i guess we will see properly from another angle. The Backend does look quite slick with the body work coming all the way back .

I dont like the Colours. Its reminds me of that ugly williams from a few years ago. Plus they have lost the renault Blue.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

CMSMJ1

Yeah, not the most attractive car. Like the extended front wing pylons. very clever.

I also like the lack of clutter on the rear bodywork. Poor livery though!
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

siskue2005

OMG!!! :wtf: :shock: :shock:

Sawtooth-spike

HAahahahahaahahaha (x1000) :lol: :lol:

Sorry, i am Sure its..... very .... Good at what it does.. #-o

Thats Biblicly Ugly. its looks like its made of wood. Its worse than the BMW's interim.

Ok if it turns out to be fast then it will become pretty.

Interesting that the 2 second plane seem to be much closer to the middle than other teams so far
Last edited by Sawtooth-spike on 19 Jan 2009, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Henne

Geez, this ain't pretty at all...

As far as I'm concerned the Ferrari is the most beautiful on track now (but hey, a lot may change over the next two months).

What a fat nose, it won't be to smell better? :P

Metar

Many pictures here: http://my.ing-renaultf1.com/en/blog/906 ... tugal.html

and on F1today.nl

I really dig the livery, and the rear of the car is the hottest so far in my opinion - but that front is just odd. Not as terrible as the Williams, but odd. I want to see under that car.

dumbdave

Its ugly, but....i like!
Its novel, very different to the ferraris front end, will be good to see how much difference the two approaches have on track!

The colours are bad though #-o

timbo

Funny enough, that nosecone seem to follow logic that Conceptual did with his drawings in Ferrari F60 thread.
With that fences I think they try to create low pressure area at the tip of the nose, notice that they also raised the outer parts of the front wing to get more airflow towards the floor. Idea seems o be reasonable, but I wonder how it will work in yaw conditions.

Agerasia

timbo wrote:Funny enough, that nosecone seem to follow logic that Conceptual did with his drawings in Ferrari F60 thread.
With that fences I think they try to create low pressure area at the tip of the nose, notice that they also raised the outer parts of the front wing to get more airflow towards the floor. Idea seems o be reasonable, but I wonder how it will work in yaw conditions.
I posted in the same thread about using the stems to extract air from the top surface of the neutral part of the wing.
Look closesly at the Renault and you will see holes in the stems :)

EDIT: I think it looks awful btw. They obviously modeled the front wing flaps on Alonso's eyebrows.
"badically pressuring rosnerg " Ringo 05/10/2014

enkidu

LOL thats got to be the worst design I have seen....

i70q7m7ghw

What's going on under there? It looks like a raised nose looking at the suspension geometry, but then the nosecone itself is very low... is it full of ballast?
enkidu wrote:LOL thats got to be the worst design I have seen....
Correction - Worst looking design, we don't know how bad or good the design is yet because it hasn't raced ;)

djos

Gawd, that is the fugliest nose i've ever seen, makes the old Walrus positively sexy!!!

And the Colour scheme is woeful!!! :oops: Renault, I'm seriously disappointed! [-X
"In downforce we trust"

enkidu

Diesel wrote:Worst looking design, we don't know how bad or good the design is yet because it hasn't raced ;)
Yeah fair enough but it looks as aerodynamic as a brick on that front end...

WhiteBlue

It certainly looks different. If it turns out to be fast the others will copy it. The full length side pots are quite innovative. I have never seen anything simmilar.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Shaddock

I'm surprised that they didn't make it a twin keel design given the look of the front wing. They wouldn't have had to mount the lower wishbones half way up the chassis and it would have helped with the channelling of air towards the rear of the car.

Only Ferrari seem so far have tried to keep their wishbones close to the horizontal as possible. This is in keeping with their tradition of a strong mechanical front end going back to the Brawn years and their single keel designs.