2020 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, September 4 - 6

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: 2020 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, September 4 - 6

Moore77 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:42
dans79 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:40
Unf wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:21
How beautiful podium look like without Mercedes / RBR / Ferrari drivers...!
Cherish it while you can, because it probably won't look like that again for atleast a few years.
While it might happen once in a while, but becomes so much memorable for years to come. Like a 2008 Italian GP.
I'm tempted to put a tenner on Gasly to win a title now. There's precedent from that previous time, of course. =D>
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Unf

dans79 wrote:
Unf wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:21
How beautiful podium look like without Mercedes / RBR / Ferrari drivers...!
Cherish it while you can, because it probably won't look like that again for atleast a few years.
And this is F1's biggest problem to solve.

Justthatek
Justthatek

Shrieker wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:18
Shrieker wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:14
You didn't get pushed out of the way like an asshole, so you have no idea how frustrating it is :) I'm not cheering for him, so fvcking what.

Oooh, lets see the video. Love to see it.
Sadly I didn't save the replay. I'd rather forget it. He tried a round the outside move on the chicane config of Lime Rock Park at the first chicane; he was on the outside I gave him very fair space knowing who he was (not that I don't to others, but I was extra careful with him). But at the next left hander this time I was the one on the outside and he just slammed the throttle as if I wasn't even there and ran over me. But the point is, he knew I was there and was just being an asshole.

I've just shed a little tear for you.

Stay strong bro

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

214270 wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:39
214270 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:35

SAI has a great race; NOR never made much impact. He never goes out and takes the result.
Apart from finishing 3rd in Austria obviously.
Luck played a big part in that result too
Oh I agree but so did today. That’s the point.

Today the chance appeared to Gasly, Sainz and Stroll. In Austria it appeared to Norris. It’s all great for the sport.

Wass85
Wass85

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:48
Wass85 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:44
dans79 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:43

I think he was questioning it, because the team would have looked very foolish if there had been a safety car or a virtual safety car on the next lap.
Hence why they wanted to box on the first lap, Hamilton was questioning that move.
So Im guessing you dont see any reasons to pit straight away , actually you thought it was better to pit later. So are Mercedes still fools for doing so ? Lewis could have got Danny and Bottas (who were about 10 seconds up the road) if they listened to you lol
I mistakenly thought that it would be a benefit but it obviously wasn't as I wasn't taking in to account the race being two laps shorter.

Your hero Lewis was obviously thinking the same as well because he was questioning that move just the same on the radio and had to be told by Vowles to "trust" them.

If you don't believe that then why would he be on the radio querying it?

MtthsMlw

Shrieker

Justthatek wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:50

I've just shed a little tear for you.

Stay strong bro
Thanks very gracious of you, if not a bit.. ahem.. effeminate.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Moore77

Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:49
Moore77 wrote:
dans79 wrote:

While it might happen once in a while, but becomes so much memorable for years to come. Like a 2008 Italian GP.
I'm tempted to put a tenner on Gasly to win a title now. There's precedent from that previous time, of course. =D>
Who would have thought in 2008, that lad would go on to become a 4 time WDC! If that happens again, no complaints! An Italian driver becoming a WDC, is just crazy and especially if it happens outside of Ferrari.
Last edited by Moore77 on 06 Sep 2020, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

JordanMugen

Wass85 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:22
Why the hell was a safety car activated instead of a virtual safety car?

If I were Merc I'd be having a few choice words with those numpties at race control.
Because we have a ex-V8 Supercar race director now, so the decisions are taken more conservatively like they are in Australian racing. Full safety car for nearly everything (debris, car on the track, whatever), to maximise safety for the marshalls. :)

If you familiarise yourself with the V8 Supercar championship, you will note this is standard practice. :)

Wass85
Wass85

djones wrote:
Wass85 wrote:
dans79 wrote:

I think he was questioning it, because the team would have looked very foolish if there had been a safety car or a virtual safety car on the next lap.
Hence why they wanted to box on the first lap, Hamilton was questioning that move.
ok you made me reply.

Hamilton was in the middle of a race with a lot going on. Hence why his team had to step in and say "trust me".

My 7 year old daughter has enough of an understanding of maths to work out it changes nothing in that scenario if you pit straight away or after a few laps. Why are you struggling so much??
He was not in the middle of the race silly as it was discussed during the red flag period

Maybe you should ring Merc and ask them why Lewis was struggling so much.

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 05:47
Wass85 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 01:02
PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 00:16
He will troll till a certain driver retires. OH wait, that won't do. People will be still talking about that certain driver. He will troll till it is physically impossible for him to post a message on the forum. With future technologies, we might be able to post without typing, or even seeing the screen. Neural links will allow telepathic posting so I can only see the trolling ending when he is beyond the grave... Oh wait again! He might create an artificially intelligent cyber copy of his brain so he can troll till the end of the universe implodes on itself.
Stop trolling please.
Ok I'm gonna take down the mirror now to make it stop, okay? I expect after the race everyone will be well behaved, including you.

https://c3conversations.com/wp-content/ ... Mirror.jpg
High expectations.

djones
djones

Wass85 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:53
djones wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

ok you made me reply.

Hamilton was in the middle of a race with a lot going on. Hence why his team had to step in and say "trust me".

My 7 year old daughter has enough of an understanding of maths to work out it changes nothing in that scenario if you pit straight away or after a few laps. Why are you struggling so much??
He was not in the middle of the race silly as it was discussed during the red flag period

Maybe you should ring Merc and ask them why Lewis was struggling so much.
You are funny. Stupid.... but funny. Thanks for cheering up my Sunday =D>

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

Wass85 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 16:20
If I was Merc I'd order an engine user to break down in the pitlane so another SC comes out.
And you'd be banned for life. Achievement unlocked.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

djones wrote:
Wass85 wrote:
dans79 wrote:

ok you made me reply.

Well it does change the stint length of the hard tire he used after the penalty. They would have been 2 laps fresher tires and might have made overtaking Albon a little easier and hence he might have gotten Ricciardo as well as a result.

NathanOlder

djones wrote:
Wass85 wrote:
dans79 wrote:

ok you made me reply.

Yeap,
Theres even a couple of reasons to pit straight away, 1 being if a safety car happens in the first couple of laps, if you got your penalty done, you can they catch back up to the pack for free. You cant take your penalty while the safety car is out, so if you stayed out and the safety car come out 2 laps in, you get screwed by losing laps with an unserved penalty. Secondly, he was on the hard tyre, with very little in terms of high speed corners, they take a few laps to get right up to temp after a restart with a slow warm up lap behind the safety car. So instead of staying out for 2 or 3 laps warming up the tyres, then stop with a 30 second pit stop, and then have more warm up time to go through. It just makes sense to do it straight away. So there are a couple of reasons to pit straight away.

The only reason to stay out as long as possible, is with a spread out pack, which it wasnt due to the safety car, well done to your 7yr old daughter for seeing this =D>
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC