2020 Turkish Grand Prix - Instanbul Park, Nov 13 - 15

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Re: 2020 Turkish Grand Prix - Instanbul Park, Nov 13 - 15

Sieper wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 21:13
PlatinumZealot wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 21:04
Schuttelberg wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 20:58
Bottas is simply the worst driver on the grid and the worst thing for him is that Hamilton is his team mate. A guy that spun 7 times on his own today is in a team that has now won 7 championships in a row.
Mercedes will protect him because they're a great team and they know how to look after their drivers but god have mercy on them once Hamilton hangs up his helmet.
There's always a reason for him being poor apart from himself. The track, tyres, debris, car and sometimes even bees.
He kept spinning in that same puddle after turn one. That left front wheel he kept dipping it, and going on the throttle. Bizzare.

I dont think he is the worst driver on the gird though. Far from it. Hasn't done much mistakes this year..
That I now have to be the one to defend Bottas, but perhaps at that stage his missing DF, as a consequence badly worn right front tire and his out of alignment steering left him no other choice but taking that turn in that way. I’m not a fan but he is not that bad, that I can’t believe.
... the out of alignment steering that was self inflicted from his dive bomb on Ocon on lap 1.

matt_b
matt_b

Moore77 wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 14:10
WHAT A DRIVE LEWIS HAMILTON - 7 TIME WORLD CHAMPION
This =D>

Sieper

Diesel wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 21:47
Sieper wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 21:13
PlatinumZealot wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 21:04

He kept spinning in that same puddle after turn one. That left front wheel he kept dipping it, and going on the throttle. Bizzare.

I dont think he is the worst driver on the gird though. Far from it. Hasn't done much mistakes this year..
That I now have to be the one to defend Bottas, but perhaps at that stage his missing DF, as a consequence badly worn right front tire and his out of alignment steering left him no other choice but taking that turn in that way. I’m not a fan but he is not that bad, that I can’t believe.
... the out of alignment steering that was self inflicted from his dive bomb on Ocon on lap 1.
Yes true. But once the self inflicted issue is there there is not much you can do anymore. We can slate him for that, it is fair, i agree, but also feels a bit like double jeopardy.

Sieper

matt_b wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 21:50
Moore77 wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 14:10
WHAT A DRIVE LEWIS HAMILTON - 7 TIME WORLD CHAMPION
This =D>
I do agree, overall a very impressive drive on the inters and a in style way to capture nr7. He reaffirms he is one of the all time great, if not the greatest ever.

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

HAHA..!

GOAT showed why he is GOAT. =D> =D>

Very happy with the showings of the rejects of Ferrari and Racing point, too. Nice podium. =D> =D>

Race result was so satisfactory... :D :D :lol:

Inappropriate comment removed

Further inappropriate comment removed
Last edited by foxmulder_ms on 15 Nov 2020, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.

NathanOlder

Just wondering, Max's RedBull seemed ok yesterday in Qualy with this 7 degree setup issue ?!
Or, have the team changed the setup ? I mean, cars can't change wing levels can they ? Parc Ferme and all that?
If so, the setup guy checked the angles, then though, oh, were 7 degrees out on one side. I will adjust the wing on 1 side by 7 degrees. Who the hell would do that ?!?
Also then, they have admitted to changing the setup between qualy and the race, so breaking parc ferme rules and should be disqualified if thats the case ? Or can the teams change the front wing angles while in Parc Ferme ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Also, F1 audience should be embarrassed too for not picking Lewis as the driver of the day.

Sieper

NathanOlder wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 22:03
Just wondering, Max's RedBull seemed ok yesterday in Qualy with this 7 degree setup issue ?!
Or, have the team changed the setup ? I mean, cars can't change wing levels can they ? Parc Ferme and all that?
If so, the setup guy checked the angles, then though, oh, were 7 degrees out on one side. I will adjust the wing on 1 side by 7 degrees. Who the hell would do that ?!?
Also then, they have admitted to changing the setup between qualy and the race, so breaking parc ferme rules and should be disqualified if thats the case ? Or can the teams change the front wing angles while in Parc Ferme ?
Maybe the wing was out of whack to start with.difference between both sides. Every change after that (if you don’t correct the baseline) will not help. I don’t know exactly when they discovered it. Ofcourse they have not changed anything under parc ferme (normally before FP3 starts, but not when it rains). They did make a FW change during pitstop 1. That is one of the reasons it took 4.2 seconds (also removed heat blockers on brake duct) and that caused Max to fall behind Perez and with the spin later, ultimately also a podium.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

All of Bottas' six spins

nevill3

The teams were allowed extra setup changes due to the adverse weather yesterday, I am not sure if this includes front wing changes though
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Also, I noticed this in qualifying and wondered if it it would get raised. Masi strikes again!

https://www.racefans.net/2020/11/15/vet ... -on-track/

Sieper

nevill3 wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 22:16
The teams were allowed extra setup changes due to the adverse weather yesterday, I am not sure if this includes front wing changes though
Probably yes. Is also normal when it rains, ride height and FW changes allowed.

NathanOlder

Ah right, ok. So the part where it went wrong was the guy who adjusted the wing before the race.

'right, better get the wing adjusted, so its 11 turns on the left hand side, and 4 turns on the right, sorted'

lol
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

NathanOlder wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 22:03
Changes can be made if conditions change, I think. I.e. a wet race allows changes to wing levels.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Edax
Edax

Sieper wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 21:32
Just_a_fan wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 21:22
Sieper wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 20:15
and Max had the wrong wing setting (off by 7 degrees) due to a software glitch in setting up.
7 degrees? That would be visible by eye - a simple look at it would be obvious there was an error. Do you have a source for that.
Certainly, in Dutch though;

https://www.gpfans.com/nl/artikelen/592 ... adliner.nl

One side was off by 7 degrees, the other not. I did see (but can’t remember when it was) the broadcast show the Verstappen pit box and a bunch of engineers scratching their heads and holding measuring tools of some sort.
I remember seeing that. It was before Q3. They were with 4 guys working on the left flap for 5 minutes or so. I was thinking why not change the nose?