2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Tizz

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

NathanOlder wrote:
22 May 2021, 20:08
Tizz wrote:
22 May 2021, 19:45
NathanOlder wrote:
22 May 2021, 19:15

But you show you haven't a clue when judging drivers ability #-o
And your assessment abilities are based on what again ?
I'm just commenting in reply to a guy/girl who will say Lewis is overrated and only average. I would say Lewis is one of the very best of all time along with Max and Charles. So where would you place Lewis? Along with me as one of the greats or along with Klaus as an average driver?
My opinion is not important. I have no knowledge or experience driving a F1 car. And neither have you. And no you're not. You are commenting his ability to judge drivers ability. By the way, I think you totally missed the point Klaus is making.
Last edited by Tizz on 22 May 2021, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.

El Scorchio

SmallSoldier wrote:
22 May 2021, 19:56
JPower wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
22 May 2021, 18:59
Flying under the radar after the abrupt end to qualifying... But, how close was Mclaren to pole and P2 today! Unexpected, but showing how fast Lando actually is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
On an ideal lap he'd still be a good chunk behind LEC/SAI/BOT/VER. All in all, still a great performance though.
Good point... But, for a Mclaren that is known to not be that great in tracks that favor slow corner performance, it is a great result... It’s also quiet the improvement (a bit more than 7 tenths) vs their qualifying time in 2019.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lando is my driver of the season so far. Easily.

godlameroso

Touching the wall is so easy to do in Monaco, all it takes is one stray thought to cloud your focus.
Saishū kōnā

JPower

Missed opportunities abound.

Sieper

Verstappen was actually on a hotlap already under that time when the red flag came out.

godlameroso

MKlaus wrote:
22 May 2021, 21:03
Tizz wrote:
22 May 2021, 20:17
NathanOlder wrote:

I'm just commenting in reply to a guy/girl who will say Lewis is overrated and only average. I would say Lewis is one of the very best of all time along with Max and Charles. So where would you place Lewis? Along with me as one of the greats or along with Klaus as an average driver?
My opinion is not important. I have no knowledge or experience driving a F1 car. And neither have you. And no you're not. You are commenting his ability to judge drivers ability. By the way, I think you totally missed the point Klaus is making.
i am not surprised she missed the point and it is to be expected. for her, if you say anything, that even remotely appears to be critical of lewis hamilton, she would be all over you. it's probably her day job. i don't feel necessary to clarify myself or my driver opinion to people like her. like i said earlier, i know the level of these people.
for a change, the unexpected competition from ferraris is interesting, even if it is for just one race, more so for the home boy.
Quite a bit of them are homeboys.
Saishū kōnā

zibby43

Sieper wrote:
22 May 2021, 20:48
Verstappen was actually on a hotlap already under that time when the red flag came out.
Yeah, so was Bottas.

If Charles keeps pole, it’s going to get spicy between him and Max tomorrow.

Unless Max is content to cruise around in 2nd pick up 18 points. If Hamilton gets to 5th, Max will still take 8 points out of Hamilton’s lead, or 7 if Hamilton gets fastest lap.

If Hamilton and Bottas stay out of trouble, Merc will pick up some points over RB in the WCC tomorrow.

Sieper

zibby43 wrote:
22 May 2021, 21:49
Sieper wrote:
Yeah, so was Bottas.

Unless Max is content to cruise around in 2nd pick up 18 points. If Hamilton gets to 5th, Max will still take 8 points out of Hamilton’s lead, or 7 if Hamilton gets fastest lap.

If Hamilton and Bottas stay out of trouble, Merc will pick up some points over RB in the WCC tomorrow.
And I think Sainz too right?

Yes, the start will be incredibly tense. Bottas is behind Leclerc. So even if Max does not attack he has to slot in and that opens him for attack by Bottas. If he does attack (it is possible he gets a good launch) then he is vulnerable to a hard defence and indeed a Bottas right behind charles.

With Charles in the lead he will bunch everybody up. That takes away the undercut potential and will make Max loose his tires, being in the drag. Max cannot push him, like lewis was pushing max in spain, as there is no viable overtake window.

Pit stop will be tense moment 2. But let’s see. Race is yet to start.

Mogster

godlameroso wrote:
22 May 2021, 20:21
...all it takes is one stray thought to cloud your focus.
“Max and Valterri are probably setting purple sectors behind me...” :lol:

F1NAC

Was just watching highlights. What is happening to Brundle? Started talking non sense as Crofty. It was hillarious during Charles first run in Q3, he was saying something like car didn't look great during middle sector and then bang.. purple S2 gained nearly four tenths

NathanOlder

Tizz wrote:
22 May 2021, 20:17
NathanOlder wrote:
Tizz wrote:
22 May 2021, 19:45
And your assessment abilities are based on what again ?
So you swerve the question as expected. As for driving an F1 car, what has that got to do with anything? I play golf a lot, but it doesn't mean Im any better or worse at judging how good Bryson is playing. You get an eye for it the more you watch. So again, are you another person who can't actually admit that Hamilton is one of the best of all time? As an F1 fan its clear he, Max, Charles are in the very top tier of drivers. George, Lando have the potential along with probably Carlos.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Sieper

Well, quick laps are sometimes on the ragged edge. But f.e. In Max first hotlap in Q3 (where he did not do the extra warm up lap) he had like 3 moments in sector 2 alone. I don’t listen to sky normally, brundle is mostly ok when I do hear him, but yes, he can be biased too. Aren’t we all.

NathanOlder

Sieper wrote:
22 May 2021, 22:42
Well, quick laps are sometimes on the ragged edge. But f.e. In Max first hotlap in Q3 (where he did not do the extra warm up lap) he had like 3 moments in sector 2 alone. I don’t listen to sky normally, brundle is mostly ok when I do hear him, but yes, he can be biased too. Aren’t we all.
I think all fans will say that commentators are biased towards to opposition drivers. I think that actually says the commentators can be quite neutral and often praise all drivers.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

hollus

Guys, a few posts with personal attacks have been deleted. Many other were borderline or should have as well.

A few sportsmen did what they could today on track. None of them seems to have any beef with any other one of them.

Why the need by many posters to pick up beef with other posters?

Trying to pick up fights with other posters happens way too much in these race threads. And it is absolutely not the purpose of a forum like this. So please, let's talk about F1 and not about the next poster.

Thanks.
Rivals, not enemies.

zibby43

Sieper wrote:
22 May 2021, 21:56
zibby43 wrote:
22 May 2021, 21:49
Sieper wrote:
Yeah, so was Bottas.

And I think Sainz too right?

Yes, the start will be incredibly tense. Bottas is behind Leclerc. So even if Max does not attack he has to slot in and that opens him for attack by Bottas. If he does attack (it is possible he gets a good launch) then he is vulnerable to a hard defence and indeed a Bottas right behind charles.

With Charles in the lead he will bunch everybody up. That takes away the undercut potential and will make Max loose his tires, being in the drag. Max cannot push him, like lewis was pushing max in spain, as there is no viable overtake window.

Pit stop will be tense moment 2. But let’s see. Race is yet to start.
I agree with all of your assessments!

Should be an exciting race for sure. Well, the potential is there at least. :)

Or it could be another standard Monaco train affair. Hope it’s the former.