Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Hush
Hush

Re: Ferrari F2012

NoDivergence wrote:How is the RRA silly? Almost every F1 team disagrees with you
It is silly because it is an agreement between the teams and there is no sporting sanction if you work outside of the RRA.

The only way it will work is if the FIA police it and if the accounting policies adopted by the teams are transparent. Otherwise we will always have this needless bickering as happened last year.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

NoDivergence wrote:How is the RRA silly? Almost every F1 team disagrees with you
This isnt the place for the discussion but I too think its silly. As mentioned, it's not sanctioned by the FIA, people cheat the RRA regardless & a host of other reasons. Just my opinion.

As for the F2012: new modified suspension, new floor, diffuser, exhaust, new innovative water pump to hopefully improve realibility & stop the hydraulic failures & more. I think the BCN test 1 will be better for Ferrari than Jerez was.

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

Does anyone have factual information about the chassis usage/homologation after the start of the season. I cannot find anything on the subject, new or old regs.

Brian

donskar
donskar

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
This isnt the place for the discussion but I too think its silly. As mentioned, it's not sanctioned by the FIA, people cheat the RRA regardless & a host of other reasons. Just my opinion.

As for the F2012: new modified suspension, new floor, diffuser, exhaust, new innovative water pump to hopefully improve realibility & stop the hydraulic failures & more. I think the BCN test 1 will be better for Ferrari than Jerez was.
Win or lose, it's great to see an F1 team trying hard to push the envelope. Too many "new" cars are just minor updates or slavish copies of the current flavor of the month (see: RB!)
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

bhall
bhall

Especially when that team is finally Ferrari. They've built themselves a legitimate "no excuses" car after years of timid refinement.

Hush
Hush

hardingfv32 wrote:Does anyone have factual information about the chassis usage/homologation after the start of the season. I cannot find anything on the subject, new or old regs.

Brian
It's not in the regs but the teams and those close know about it. Andy, over at the Autosport forums also confirms this.

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

bhallg2k wrote:Especially when that team is finally Ferrari. They've built themselves a legitimate "no excuses" car after years of timid refinement.
And what exactly is so 'no excuses' about the Ferrari?

Brian

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

Hush wrote:It's not in the regs but the teams and those close know about it. Andy, over at the Autosport forums also confirms this.
What indicates that the teams know about it?

Who is Andy? What are his credentials?

Brian

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

hardingfv32 wrote:
Hush wrote:It's not in the regs but the teams and those close know about it. Andy, over at the Autosport forums also confirms this.
What indicates that the teams know about it?

Who is Andy? What are his credentials?

Brian
Forget Andy, as his employment can't be verified. Scarbs mentioned it as well.

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

Crucial_Xtreme wrote: Scarbs mentioned it as well.
Roughly where and under what topic?

Brian

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

hardingfv32 wrote:

Brian
Twitter

Schulteiss
Schulteiss

hardingfv32 wrote:

Brian
you might want to search his tweets, if it is that important

oops pipped me.. :mrgreen:

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Twitter
Thanks, but that statement is not exactly on point.

Brian

Schulteiss
Schulteiss

hardingfv32 wrote:

Brian
:mrgreen: Than what is?

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

hardingfv32 wrote:

Brian
It's clear to me. Teams can build and use a new chassis as long as it passes the crash tests. Same for the noses. Ascanelli from STR already said he was going to do a new nose.