Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
shelly
shelly

Re: Ferrari F2012

@holm : I am also thinking of something similar- if I have got your idea correctly: a hole with a small slot to make the floor a simply connected domain, and a way to put mix the flow on the top and bottom of the floor. The flow could be from sidepods, exhausts, or external flow
twitter: @armchair_aero

Holm86

shelly wrote:@holm : I am also thinking of something similar- if I have got your idea correctly: a hole with a small slot to make the floor a simply connected domain, and a way to put mix the flow on the top and bottom of the floor. The flow could be from sidepods, exhausts, or external flow

I think we are somewhat on the same page.

But i dont think it will be possible to get the exhaust down to this "hole".
The exhaust must exit in a upward direction and cant be redirected by bodywork.

Hush
Hush

Can any of you post the article and tweets regarding this floor?

Holm86

Hush wrote:Can any of you post the article and tweets regarding this floor?

What im describing is my own idea. Not anything that has been tweetet.
If you are talking about the byrne floor look back in the thread. It has been mentioned many times.

shelly
shelly

@holm86: Exhausts can probably be redirected down using outer flow and maybe Coanda effect. Some arrangements tried in Jerez by Ferrari, Sauber and McLaren suggest that.

@hush: I can not find at the moment the post (on another f1 forum) from the supposed insider, but it is a different source from jose luis f1 tweets, which have already been discussed in this thread

Hush
Hush

shelly wrote:@holm86: Exhausts can probably be redirected down using outer flow and maybe Coanda effect. Some arrangements tried in Jerez by Ferrari, Sauber and McLaren suggest that.

@hush: I can not find at the moment the post (on another f1 forum) from the supposed insider, but it is a different source from jose luis f1 tweets, which have already been discussed in this thread
Interesting none the less although it would have been good to see what the guy wrote. Looks like he went into some detail as we have heard from Jose Luis is just a new floor designed by Byrne.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

shelly wrote:@holm86: Exhausts can probably be redirected down using outer flow and maybe Coanda effect. Some arrangements tried in Jerez by Ferrari, Sauber and McLaren suggest that.

There is some speculation that Ferrari are working with a heated floor. Byrne is a chemical engineer above all. But both of your ideas about some sort of hole to allow hot air through could be the "heated floor" part lost in translation. I just doubt we'll know definitively for some time either way.

F1.Ru

Hello everybody, as u can see i am a new guy here nd not from an engineering background nor have special knowledge about construction, internal settings [parts], or know a little about different element of a F1 car. But i want to know as its amost like my 2nd love. So it will be a great help for me if u can provide any web address from where i can learn about F1 Car's elements, description etc. BTW i already read what is in this site, Racecar Engineering, nd a lot of things from Scrabs blog so if there are any reading materials available by which a can understand in a simple manner then it will be a big help for me..........

Sorry if disturb u all, nd also for posting that in here...
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

Richard
Richard

I've been tidying....

Discussion about the ground and wheel slip sensors has been moved to its own thread :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12018

There'll no surprise where the sub-woofers have gone :arrow: viewtopic.php?p=310586#p310586

shelly
shelly

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:

There is some speculation that Ferrari are working with a heated floor. Byrne is a chemical engineer above all. But both of your ideas about some sort of hole to allow hot air through could be the "heated floor" part lost in translation. I just doubt we'll know definitively for some time either way.
The other source -not joseluis- wrote about a hole. Only possible doubt is if it is a geometrical hole or a rule loophole. No info loss on traslation.
Heated floor is also a rumor, but a different one.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

shelly wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:

The other source -not joseluis- wrote about a hole. Only possible doubt is if it is a geometrical hole or a rule loophole. No info loss on traslation.
Heated floor is also a rumor, but a different one.
Is this a personal source or a media outlet? I would like to see the article/description if possible. TIA.

shelly
shelly

Hush
Hush

I see nothing there about the floor.

On to the article, it seems like the exhaust is the problem with regard to rear downforce.

I saw a video of the Ferrari at the Jerez test today where the rear steps out heavily under throttle conditions and continues to snake for a couple of metres. It looked horrible... Like driving on cold tyres.

Holm86

Heres my idea. Tried to sketch it up here this evening.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/85 ... ridea.jpg/

Can you get the idea??

Anyone know if this is legal???

This example uses the air that comes around the coke bottle but you could also direct the hot air outlets of the sidepods to the holes.

The floor is still only one piece and theres no holes in it.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Holm86 wrote:Heres my idea. Tried to sketch it up here this evening.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/85 ... ridea.jpg/

Can you get the idea??

Anyone know if this is legal???

This example uses the air that comes around the coke bottle but you could also direct the hot air outlets of the sidepods to the holes.

The floor is still only one piece and theres no holes in it.
I'm obviously missing what you're saying because it looks to be a hole there. Could you explain the thought again?