Singapore Night GP 2008

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
WhiteBlue

Singapore Night GP 2008

http://5x5m.com/lp/263/grandprix.htm

a bit of fun by McLaren :lol:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

JamesS

Re: Singapore Night GP 2008

Chuckle chuckle.

nae
nae

a very enlightening peace indeed
..?

rkn

McLaren fit headlights to their car ahead of the Singapore GP!

http://www.forumula1.net/2008/f1/f1-new ... gapore-gp/

Sawtooth-spike

hahaha, Classic

And they say mclaren does not have a sence of humour!
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

GTO

Much like Valencia, this is another tight street circuit that will demand maximum downforce, brakes, and engine cooling setup for the hot and humid weather conditions. The main differences being the artifical track lighting, counter clockwise track direction, & 8pm race start time. I sincerely hope this won't be another boring processional race. [-o< After seeing the European race, I have a feeling this street circuit will not provide much passing oportunity. :x
My crystal ball shows a bunch of cars piling up at the start at Turn 3 and the following top 3 order.
1.Massa
2.Hamilton
3.Kovi

puttenham

How will F1 deal with photographers and flash photography at night for the Singapore race? For the night Champ Car race in Cleveland I think flash photography was very limited if not banned.

During a twilight Rolex race at MidOhio we had photographers using flash photography at Turn 8 where they can stand within 3-4 meters of the cars. I was not wild and crazy about the flash photography but it was okay with Race Control.
puttenham

Ray

puttenham wrote:How will F1 deal with photographers and flash photography at night for the Singapore race? For the night Champ Car race in Cleveland I think flash photography was very limited if not banned.

During a twilight Rolex race at MidOhio we had photographers using flash photography at Turn 8 where they can stand within 3-4 meters of the cars. I was not wild and crazy about the flash photography but it was okay with Race Control.
I'm only speaking of my experience, but when I race at night I never noticed someone taking photos with a flash. It's an issue if you have your eyes adjusted to complete darkness, but with a well lit track at night you'll more than likely never notice.

Josep Sunyol

Ray wrote:
puttenham wrote:How will F1 deal with photographers and flash photography at night for the Singapore race? For the night Champ Car race in Cleveland I think flash photography was very limited if not banned.

I'm only speaking of my experience, but when I race at night I never noticed someone taking photos with a flash. It's an issue if you have your eyes adjusted to complete darkness, but with a well lit track at night you'll more than likely never notice.
They won't be affected by flash fotography because they have different vision to us:

mx_tifoso

If the night time schedule brings cooler temperatures, and a possibility for rain, I don't even want to think about the probable chances of Ferrari under-performing once again. Given how long they have been suffering from not being able to keep tyres in the operating window during cooler ambient temps- caused by rain- , how can they continue without having solved that specific problem? But at least even if it is cooler than normal - but without rain- they are still capable of extracting optimum performance from the F2008, or so I've understood.

Anyways, Raikkonen has declared that "it will take a miracle, one that makes lightning strike twice" if he is to win the '08 DC.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

WhiteBlue

If the 2007 drama book should repeat with the champ aspirators all stumbling at the last races we need Toro Rosso to win another race, and some serious screw ups by Hamilton. Then Kubica can take a surprise WDC and Bernie will be happy. Some people think it is all manipulated so watch out for some mysterious malfunctions and steward decisions. :wink:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Conceptual

WhiteBlue wrote:If the 2007 drama book should repeat with the champ aspirators all stumbling at the last races we need Toro Rosso to win another race, and some serious screw ups by Hamilton. Then Kubica can take a surprise WDC and Bernie will be happy. Some people think it is all manipulated so watch out for some mysterious malfunctions and steward decisions. :wink:
Are you implying a F1/WWE wrestling link!?!?!

And I thought that was only true with the US political parties!

Now, on topic:

If it rains, Vettel takes the race.

Tell me that the STR team hasn't had enough adrenaline to put in some excess overtime this week to try again...

But, as always, only time will tell what Singapore will bring!

woohoo

WhiteBlue wrote:If the 2007 drama book should repeat with the champ aspirators all stumbling at the last races we need Toro Rosso to win another race, and some serious screw ups by Hamilton. Then Kubica can take a surprise WDC and Bernie will be happy. Some people think it is all manipulated so watch out for some mysterious malfunctions and steward decisions. :wink:
Hehe, not that I would mind, but that would take that Kubica won every race from here on out, and Hamilton and Massa smashing into each other at every race.
----

On the Singapore track; It worries me that the track has not been tested before.
Asphalt bight break up, lighting may turn off, fences might not withstand the impact of crashing cars...
Even cameras may be placed wrong, spectators may not get a clear view...
The only way to close a stupid question is to give a smart answer

Steven
Owner

Here's a pic of the reflective paint they plan to use:

Interestingly, the line is on the sidewall, giving is also an idea of how next year's slicks will be marked.

donskar

mx_tifosi wrote:
Given how long they have been suffering from not being able to keep tyres in the operating window during cooler ambient temps- caused by rain- , how can they continue without having solved that specific problem?
What was that quote in MotorSport attributed to a Ferrari engineer? Something very close to: "[Kimi and Felipe] are useless technically"

Personally, I miss the days of unlimited testing. Badoer and a hundred laps at an artificially dampened Fiorano might just turn things around. For those who think all the rules changes favor Ferrari - how many other F1 teams have two test tracks largely going to waste?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill