Singapore Night GP 2008

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
WhiteBlue

Re: Singapore Night GP 2008

bloody SC rule. it hits the refuelling window of many cars. they will all get a penalty.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

myurr
myurr

Massa has made a huge error - Ferrari caught out by the pit lights system again.

WhiteBlue

chaos as Massa runs away with a refuelling hose.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

myurr
myurr

Mass is away, but has that damaged the car and was it an unsafe pit release (into the path of Sutil).

The FOZ
The FOZ

Jesus...what a disaster.

Ferrari needs to figure their pit problems out right quick. It appears that the refueller pressed his "all clear" button before he was disconnected.

In my view, they need to idiot-proof the process, and fast.

I'll be interested to see what Massa's next refuelling will be like. I suppose the fuel connector is going to be a bit bent out of shape now...judging by how hard the pit crew had to work to pull it off, can they look forward to that next stop, too? I think yes.

The FOZ
The FOZ

myurr wrote:Massa has made a huge error - Ferrari caught out by the pit lights system again.
Which one is it? Massa made an error, or the pit light system made an error?

Answer: Massa made no error, the refueller pressed his button before he was disconnected. Last I checked, drivers don't look over their shoulder to see how the fuelling is going.

WhiteBlue

myurr wrote:Massa has made a huge error - Ferrari caught out by the pit lights system again.
that was a malfunction of the system. light was green. Ferrari said it was not human error. probably a sensor or logic fault.
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 28 Sep 2008, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.

casper
casper

Not a world championship team if they keep on making the same mistake twice. more like team Prost.

myurr
myurr

Sorry was commenting as it happened - so no Massa did not make a mistake.

The FOZ
The FOZ

Now here's the big problem:

If I were Luca Di Montezemolo, I'd be looking long and hard at the semi-auto pit system that Ferrari is running. While it is, in theory, capable of improving the pit process, in practice, it seems far too prone to error, and has cost Ferrari on more than one occasion this season.

So do they keep it, or scrap it? Continue the risky system, or go back to the lollipop, which the team hasn't practiced with all season, and could also lead to further problems.

WhiteBlue

Alonso makes big profit from his team mates crash. I would not put it behind Briatore to engineer something like this.

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

Finally Ferrari get a penalty for unsafe pit release!

=D>
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

The FOZ
The FOZ

Now all we need is those thunderstorms to show up...

WhiteBlue

now Massa is fuelled for the finish. look out for a crash by Reikkonen. :wink:

myurr
myurr

ben_watkins wrote:Finally Ferrari get a penalty for unsafe pit release!

=D>
But why this time? Why not a fine like Valencia?

Other drivers have driven off with the fuel hose without penalty before, so what's so different this time?

Don't get me wrong I'm happy that in this instance he did get a penalty for the unsafe release - I just really want consistency!!!