Ferrari 150° Italia

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
imightbewrong

Ferrari 150° Italia

An interview with Aldo Costa:
http://en.espnf1.com/ferrari/motorsport ... 35207.html
"This year we did reduce the gap to Red Bull," Costa told La Repubblica. "What we have done is revolutionise our working methods and this meant a period of adjustment. And we paid for having a wind tunnel that was a bit dated. But now we have solved the problem and begun a new era."
Looks like they upgraded their wind tunnel during the season.

Same interview but different source:
http://www.repubblica.it/sport/formulau ... ref=search
Ferrari, which we expect for 2011?
"Extremely. From the standpoint of the regulations, I say. There will be areas on the border with what you can do." [autotranslated]
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 05 Mar 2011, 02:22, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: updated title, again!

Hush

Re: Ferrari F11

Some more info. The translation is pretty poor.
So a series of interventions that can change the hierarchy 2010. Costa is aware of everything that is played in the next championships and breathe on my neck feels the presence of Pat Fry, deputy technical director came from McLaren, who in the organization chart of the Horse is installed between the technical manager of Parma and Nikolas Tombazis, chief designer of F10. English has brought a wave of innovation: concepts and methods of work to be innervated in the structure of the Horse. Ferrari, in fact, decided to attack, to take those risks at a table in recent years have avoided. The regulation was re-read in all its lights and shadows and seem to have found a couple of interesting solutions that would allow to recover much of the load will be lost with the regulatory restrictions. What is it? A Ferrari is the absolute silence. The order is to keep your mouth shut to prevent a leak of information could benefit the competition.This Ferrari wants to prove that they are ripe to point to the world without great revolutions in 2011 (but some changes in the organic plant is planned, not only at the level of wall) and is focusing on new car to give a jolt to the environment. According to rumors, Alonso was partly eased the disappointment of the World lost badly to Jas Marina, after seeing the contents of the long-awaited new car that should ensure a big leap to Ferrari. The new challenge is already launched. Newey and Vettel are warned ...

timbo

Re: Ferrari Project 662

It is reported that 2011 monocoque passed crash test
http://www.formula1onlive.com/2010/12/f ... coque.html

Marco Alves

Ferrari reveals new car launch date

Ferrari will unveil its 2011 car in Maranello on January 28, the team has announced.

The Italian outfit has said for several weeks that the new car would be launched in the final week of January, and team principal Stefano Domenicali finally confirmed the new date during this week's Wrooom media event in Italy.

Ferrari's launch date means it will be the first team to unveil its car - ahead of the first F1 test of the season in Valencia from February 1.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88874

imightbewrong

The Spanish driver was in Maranello this afternoon to try the seat for the new car, arriving shortly after three in the Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro Car Assembly area. This was thus Fernando’s first opportunity to get his hands on the 288 chassis, which will be used for the pre-season test sessions. There with him was Technical Director Aldo Costa, chief designer Nikolas Tombazis and his race engineer, Andrea Stella and after the fitting, they were able to discuss the latest developments on the car.

The assembly is going to plan and next Monday it will be Felipe Massa’s turn to come to the factory for his seat fitting.
From Ferrari

Richard

This bit was interesting to me (I've also tweaked the translation)
Costa ... feels the presence breathing down his neck, of Pat Fry, deputy technical director came from McLaren, who in the organization chart of the Scudera is installed between the technical manager of Parma and Nikolas Tombazis, chief designer of F10. The englishman has brought a wave of innovation: concepts and methods of work to be innovated in the structure of the Scudera.
Seems like Fry has been brought in to give a bit of Ron Dennis rigour to Ferrari.

donskar

richard_leeds wrote:This bit was interesting to me (I've also tweaked the translation)
Costa ... feels the presence breathing down his neck, of Pat Fry, deputy technical director came from McLaren, who in the organization chart of the Scudera is installed between the technical manager of Parma and Nikolas Tombazis, chief designer of F10. The englishman has brought a wave of innovation: concepts and methods of work to be innovated in the structure of the Scudera.
Seems like Fry has been brought in to give a bit of Ron Dennis rigour to Ferrari.
It's another English infusion; they come periodically at Ferrari: Postlethwaite, Barnard, Brawn, now Fry. Much needed and a cause for optimism IMHO.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

raceman

errhmm

Any idea on what would be the car's name for Ferrari in 2011? Ferrari is only one not to have name to it's car yet - all others have it! Any guesses?

Also this time last year, there were spy shots of cars being posted on Internet; doesn't seem to be the case this year.....! Aren't those spies been paid enough? :lol:

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

raceman wrote:Also this time last year, there were spy shots of cars being posted on Internet; doesn't seem to be the case this year.....! Aren't those spies been paid enough? :lol:
Probably because nothing has hit the track yet.

All of the 2011 cars are still hidden away in various factories so secure that it makes Area 51 look like an open window with a step ladder and a sign saying burgulars welcome! :lol:

Bide your time - the spy shots, if any are to be had, will start popping up shortly.

mith

I speculate it will be F11, but who knows ;)

raymondu999

Ferrari have always been rather inconsistent with the car naming schemes... like how it went F2008-F60-F10
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

N12ck

I think f11 for the reason that f2008 was a bit long for a name, f60 was for the 60th anniversary of ferrari / formula 1, f10 :2010 so I think f11 for 2011
Budding F1 Engineer

mith

raymondu999 wrote:Ferrari have always been rather inconsistent with the car naming schemes... like how it went F2008-F60-F10
I know that, but I thought that F60 was one time shot to commemorate their 60 years in F1 and that F10 started new naming scheme which might last for the upcoming few years. Of course that's just pure speculation ;)

raymondu999

The F10 could well have been the F61 too :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

GTO

There's been statemens about a new livery. Will it actually be a new livery or a modification of exist. Perhaps color variation or red...or even intro. of black. I'm hoping they bring back the black front & rear wings from the 80's. [-o<