Ferrari 150° Italia

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: Ferrari 150° Italia

Here's the 150 Italia onboard lap of Alonso at the Indian GP.

http://www.formula1.com/video/onboard/

cossie
cossie

the osolation of the front wing sure can screw up the suspension. With that much flutter it creates alot of energy, that energy is collected somewhere in the chassis, suspension. after a while with that much energy being collected something has to give, the FIA had to take the wing just for safety reasons, the wing with that much osolation is suspectable to structural failure , if it fails the wing will collapse underneath the car and front tires, thus carbon fiber everywhere

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Here's the 150 Italia onboard lap of Alonso at the Indian GP.

http://www.formula1.com/video/onboard/
After watching the video a few times and comparing with other onboards from this season it sounds to me like the team is hot blowing the diffuser more than before. The thread in the Aerodynamics sub-forum have a live sound comparison between the cars and the Ferrari is relatively quiet. At India there seems to be a noticable difference. Anyone disagree?

Look & listen to either Hungary and/or Spain and compare to these--> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10852

finishline
finishline

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote: At India there seems to be a noticable difference. Anyone disagree?
I thought a lot of the on board coverage seemed to sound different that weekend and was wondering if different audio equipment was being used.

lebesset
lebesset

interesting interview with pat fry in which he stated that they had 3 of the new wings at the track , but they were of varying quality

wonder which quality massa had
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

shelly
shelly

I have not understood from the interview if it was a quality issue thay have fixed or if they have changed the design
twitter: @armchair_aero

lebesset
lebesset

shelly wrote:I have not understood from the interview if it was a quality issue thay have fixed or if they have changed the design
from elsewhere I understand it was a quality control problem
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

Now, I am not minimizing the quality issues when it comes to making a wing, but I would say on average the teams know more about the quality subject than they do about the flexing wing design/fabrication subject.

It would be my opinion that they simply got out of range with a couple of wing designs and only track testing would demonstrate that.

Brian

shelly
shelly

I agree with you brian.
Ferrari have claimed it was a qaulity issue, but they also say they have changed the design. I think it was more a design issue, that they have sorted changing the design.
twitter: @armchair_aero

Rudex
Rudex

Hi, front wing Redbull in spanish fan in Monza.
http://www.marca.com/2011/11/10/motor/f ... 25285.html

amouzouris

FW f-duct testing??? Image

mith

The cooling hole looks bigger and what's more, the car was becoming very unstable for both Alonso and Massa, when they were braking and closing DRS. What was the official explanation from Ferrari?

aleks_ader

Yes i agree!

MOre pics:

Do you see a little hole in top left corner! Interesting!
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

aleks_ader

Nice pics of coling hole (nothing new!! just for imagination).

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

amouzouris

aleksandergreat wrote:Yes i agree!

MOre pics:

Do you see a little hole in top left corner! Interesting!
those holes are to adjust the flap of the wing