Ferrari 150° Italia

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
FrukostScones

Re: Ferrari F150

forty-two wrote:Can anyone tell me what we're seeing here?

This looks a little bit like the second deck of the diffusor but it can't be since these are now banned, so what is it we're looking at?

maybe a cable on each side of the crashbox to hold the diffuser...?
Last edited by FrukostScones on 28 Jan 2011, 17:43, edited 4 times in total.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

They're suspension cables to support the floor. You can see them better in other views.

This makes me wonder if something else will be added in this area for testing which will stiffen this section of floor e.g. an exhaust ducting
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

ajdavison2
ajdavison2

Just a quick comparison I done, not much difference between the overhead views, but from the front I think it makes the raised nose of the f150 even more apparent.

robbertmd
robbertmd

forty-two wrote:
thestig84 wrote:
I think that exhaust is a dummy or something is up as there is no sign of it on the walk round video
Hard to say, the still image from the video is quite badly lit in that area, perhaps deliberately. You might be onto something there though!
It's there

But as you say, badly lit.

f136
f136

Scuderia Ferrari has launched its 2011 car, the F150, at its base in Maranello, Italy.

Chassis

- Carbon-fibre and honeycomb composite structure
- Ferrari longitudinal gearbox
- Limited-slip differential
- Semiautomatic sequential electronically controlled gearbox - quick shift
- Number of gears: 7 +Reverse
- Brembo ventilated carbon-fibre disc brakes
- Independent suspension, push-rod activated torsion springs front and rear
- Weight with water, lubricant and driver: 640 kg
- BBS Wheels (front and rear): 13"

Engine

- Type: 056
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Cylinder block in sand cast aluminium V 90°
- Number of valves: 32
- Pneumatic distribution
- Total displacement: 2398 cm3
- Piston bore: 98 mm
- Weight > 95 kg
- Electronic injection and ignition
- Fuel: Shell V-Power
- Lubricant: Shell Helix Ultra
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 30 Jan 2011, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed links

Sawtooth-spike

forty-two wrote:
thestig84 wrote:
I think that exhaust is a dummy or something is up as there is no sign of it on the walk round video
Hard to say, the still image from the video is quite badly lit in that area, perhaps deliberately. You might be onto something there though!
You can see it, it just not very clear, i watched the video too and though that at first. It is there though
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

yzfr7 wrote:
Wonder if the "innovative suspension" with the "hydraulic link" was brought by the mp4-12c system (yes, and tyrrell, and citroen).
MP4-12C is not the only road car to use it....also Toyota 4Runner/Lexus GX470, Infiniti QX56....though they might be the only one to use it with adaptive damping(which is not allowed in F1 anyway).....And its been around on Rally cars long enough to be already banned in WRC and Rally Raid....Formula SAE car had been using it since 2004....:D

I think many teams were working on something along that line for a while....even the new teams last year....

forty-two

robbertmd wrote: Image
But as you say, badly lit.
That panel looks like it doesn't actually have much of an opening. I wonder if they'll replace that panel with something different for Bahrain?

Also, I think the brake caliper position is interesting at 7'clock.

I seem to remember that the RB6 had it's calipers positioned at 6 o'clock last season, but they later moved them closer to the usual 9 o'clock position later on in the season because of a number of problems (including Vettel's issue when he thought he had lost engine power but actually his brakes were locked on??).
Last edited by forty-two on 28 Jan 2011, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

I am sure it had been mentioned already...but F150 just reminds me of the Ford truck...

Ferraripilot

Also not impressed. Also, Luca's attitude towards the sport doesn't help things. Win or die. Sounds like a sweatshop boss.

FemiA
FemiA

forty-two wrote:Can anyone tell me what we're seeing here?

This looks a little bit like the second deck of the diffusor but it can't be since these are now banned, so what is it we're looking at?
Interpretation, an exploitation of gaps in the rule maybe?

mtec80
mtec80

sorry guys, but my impression is, that this car with a smaller KERS system is even much bigger in the area of sidepods as the first KERS car F2009. Since the dream team of Ross Brawn and Rory Byren have left - the Ferraris are getting more and more idealess. To be honest - all of those who knows Andrian Newey work can imagine that this car has nothing against the upcomming Red Bull.

Where are those days (2000 - 2004), when there was a ferrari on top of Formula one and the design was such impressive and agressive?

ajdavison2
ajdavison2

mtec80 wrote:sorry guys, but my impression is, that this car with a smaller KERS system is even much bigger in the area of sidepods as the first KERS car F2009. Since the dream team of Ross Brawn and Rory Byren have left - the Ferraris are getting more and more idealess. To be honest - all of those who knows Andrian Newey work can imagine that this car has nothing against the upcomming Red Bull.

Where are those days (2000 - 2004), when there was a ferrari on top of Formula one and the design was such impressive and agressive?

It's bigger because refuelling was legal in '09

donskar
donskar

@ csponton Thank you. Interesting stuff. "Speaker" = "diffuser"?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Ferraripilot

mtec80 wrote:sorry guys, but my impression is, that this car with a smaller KERS system is even much bigger in the area of sidepods as the first KERS car F2009. Since the dream team of Ross Brawn and Rory Byren have left - the Ferraris are getting more and more idealess. To be honest - all of those who knows Andrian Newey work can imagine that this car has nothing against the upcomming Red Bull.

I'm not sure I would go that far, but I certainly see where you are coming from. I expect RB, Mcl, Ferrari to not have revolutionary new cars for 2011, but evolutions of their previous. I certainly expect MB, Lotus-Renault, and Williams to really be working something different, especially MB. Brawn is one tricky fellow when combined with Schu.